U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 04-05-2012, 02:48 PM

5,245 posts, read 6,559,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EscapeCalifornia View Post
Hmm not sure why I didn't hear about that, I apologize, though clearly not that many people in CA wanted to open carry. I'm not sure how I feel about banning it, I think legalizing CCW without a very stringent training program is stupid because you have no idea if someone incompetent is carrying a gun or not...if they are open carrying you can at least avoid them. And if you make CCW illegal I think you should at least make open carry legal. But if the gun fetishists were just abusing open carry to intimidate people and annoy people they shot themselves in the foot by getting it banned.
Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2012, 03:02 PM

7,151 posts, read 4,137,300 times
But the thread would be in no way better enhanced without at least a cameo from the Herminator: Hermann Cain.

This list is going to take everybody's best efforts. Community pulling together. It takes a Forum, etc ....... Mmmmmmwhaa!

Old 04-05-2012, 03:19 PM

17,247 posts, read 13,385,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nullgeo View Post
I suppose it would be asking too much to squeeze in:
religion
homosexuality
tea party
and my dog Blue
??
Would truly be the "All American Thread"
What? It's teabagger and fleabagger Tea Party is o-so-2010.

Old 04-05-2012, 03:41 PM

11,940 posts, read 13,023,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nullgeo View Post
But the thread would be in no way better enhanced without at least a cameo from the Herminator: Hermann Cain.!
And if somehow the Muslim Brotherhood and the Koch brothers can be worked in....

Old 04-05-2012, 03:47 PM

7,151 posts, read 4,137,300 times
Well, enough of the planning ... somebody's just got to pull up his pants and get this started:

So, Joe Biden walks into a Sacramento area bar wearing a sidearm, open carry ...
he sees chest-beater Hermann Cain sitting on a stool with his arm around a guy with a tea-party tri-corner hat ...
and he says, "Hermann, I heard you just applied for a marriage license with your gay lover since your wife left you -----"

Old 04-05-2012, 05:03 PM

990 posts, read 743,238 times
I don't want to look like one of those trollers who starts a heated thread then sits back and watches. I'm moving out west in a couple years, and Arizona was a place I considered besides CA. And as appealing is the desert southwest is to me, I'm thinking that being around like minded people is the most important criteria aside from career. I think I'll be most happy in LA.

Old 04-05-2012, 05:39 PM

1,082 posts, read 592,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desert_scene View Post
I don't want to look like one of those trollers who starts a heated thread then sits back and watches. I'm moving out west in a couple years, and Arizona was a place I considered besides CA. And as appealing is the desert southwest is to me, I'm thinking that being around like minded people is the most important criteria aside from career. I think I'll be most happy in LA.
You and me both.

Old 04-05-2012, 06:02 PM

6,047 posts, read 11,145,009 times
Quote:
I'm thinking that being around like minded people is the most important criteria aside from career.
Doesn't exist. It doesn't exist in my 2500 population community and it certainly doesn't exist in big cities. Heck it doesn't even exist in the few hundred that post here.

What a boring world, even if it could be achieved.

Old 04-05-2012, 08:02 PM

2,192 posts, read 3,151,591 times
Quote:
Are you saying that even though you're drawn to the southwest you'll choose L.A. instead because of your perception of the gun culture in the southwest?
Where in the southwest are you (were you) considering and what is your mind like that you assume that you can't find people who you'll be able to resonate with?

Old 04-05-2012, 10:01 PM

8,123 posts, read 6,217,580 times
I moved to WA. A couple months in, I bought a Romanian AK47 with two 45-round banana clips. Later bought a drum.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California