Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2012, 10:19 PM

12,460 posts, read 20,085,650 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeahthatguy View Post
One thing is for sure.. the housing market is red hot and like Vancouver .. unbounded hot inflows of foreign money only serve to destroy the quality of life for the middle class and 'normal' people.
You speak as if there is something terribly wrong if some area isn't affordable to the middle-class, but expecting every area of the country to be affordable to the middle-class makes no sense at all....

Quote:
.. and have no desire to live in a horrible school district in hot inland California....
There are plenty of good communities with good school districts inland...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2012, 10:42 PM

16,806 posts, read 39,942,396 times
Quote:
Go read some of my past posts..

Old 04-08-2012, 11:12 PM

407 posts, read 388,768 times
Quote:
Too much immigration causes problems when there isn't a critical/diverse amount of Multi-generational Americans to trigger Assimilation .. Therein you have problems in the work place w/ discrimination

Trayvon Martin's Girlfriend Speaks, Discusses Neighborhood-Watch Shooting in Florida - YouTube

Neo-Nazi group patrolling Sanford (http://www.myfoxorlando.com/dpp/news/trayvon_martin/040712-Neo-Nazi-group-patrolling-Sanford - broken link)

Old 04-09-2012, 12:36 AM

2,311 posts, read 3,505,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nullgeo View Post
When you are leaving is of considerably greater concern to many here than the Chinese arriving ... but, of course, the larger question is: when you finally do go, will you continue to post your obnoxious dissertations ridiculing California from whatever wonderland you move to?
Will you continue to defend it beyond reason and spew your nonsense even though you live out the back of a van from time to time when here and are not even a California resident? and don't pay taxes here nor pay for the high cost to put a roof over your family/your head.

And no, once i leave, I will not post on the California forum anymore.
Go buy yourself a bottle of jack and celebrate... One less person to rebut your foolishness.

Last edited by yeahthatguy; 04-09-2012 at 01:02 AM..

Old 04-09-2012, 12:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by user_id View Post
You speak as if there is something terribly wrong if some area isn't affordable to the middle-class, but expecting every area of the country to be affordable to the middle-class makes no sense at all....
You speak as if the middle class cares to be around the boring rich who make life uncomfortable for them when they choose to pick a spot and bid it up beyond affordable levels for the middle class around them.. It makes no sense at all .. you're right... and the middle class and their interesting selves will go elsewhere...

Kinda of how SF is becoming a bore and an amusement park for the southbay techies .. meanwhile pricing out the people who create the fun rides.

Quote:
Originally Posted by user_id View Post
There are plenty of good communities with good school districts inland...
Name one in Northern California... and explain to me why one should move to BFE hours away from my job (in commute) traffic to live in a place that looks unlike many parts of America ...
To be in subpar school districts, pay the excessive California taxes, and deal w/ the future cluster @#%@ this state is when all that can be avoided and one can move out of this state, get a good/better job, be in a good school district, and still pay about 1/2 the cost for a house?

Last edited by yeahthatguy; 04-09-2012 at 01:03 AM..

Old 04-09-2012, 12:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hashbrown View Post

Trayvon Martin's Girlfriend Speaks, Discusses Neighborhood-Watch Shooting in Florida - YouTube

Neo-Nazi group patrolling Sanford (http://www.myfoxorlando.com/dpp/news/trayvon_martin/040712-Neo-Nazi-group-patrolling-Sanford - broken link)
Oakland school shooting: Hayward family grieves for nursing student Lydia Sim - San Jose Mercury News
Oikos shooting victim: Katleen Ping (http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2012/04/03/BANL1NTVSF.DTL - broken link)

Alleged killer Binh Thai Luc pleads not guilty to murder - Crimesider - CBS News

http://www.city-data.com/forum/san-f...rn-racism.html

http://www.city-data.com/forum/san-f...-bay-area.html

Mother load thread :
http://www.city-data.com/forum/san-f...racist-23.html

Oh and b.t.w, you're allowed to CCW .. you know, in that place you referenced .. So, I'm sorry.. I'm not going to end up like a Travyon.. Someone else would be dead and it wouldn't be me.

Also, I've been racially profiled several times while in the bay area (by cops/residents .. while motorcycling in Los Altos)... and have had the cops called on me for 'being suspicious' as well ... here in the bay area.. It's not any different.

From the motherload thread :
Quote:
Originally Posted by yeahthatguy
Lets just keep it frank...
In the bay area, white men are considered trophies...
White women prefer them ..
Asian women .. oh man, they are #1 on their list .. they even spit on their own men ... I have frank convos .. Asian women love white men because they are advertised as the rulers of America.. they want to be w/ that .. it's all about climbing the status ladder for a lot of them. they want to have that image... An Asian female friend once told me the race rank order her parents told her she can date..
Indian women .. stick w/ their own .. if they don't.. it is pretty much white guys for them too ..
Mexican .. Mexicans stick w/ their own.. if they don't its pretty much white guys (again) ...
Spanish .. i dont see many of them in California ..
Islanders (cuba/jamaican).. dont see many of them
Pacific islanders.. stick w/ their own .. but if they don't white men..

Listen, this is not a mystery.
So now .. you understand quite clearly the 'dating' scene.. the 'dating' scene is driven by views...
These views impact unequal employment, friendships, and many other things....

I would say, the issue is .. you have a big immigrant population in SF/bay area .. that hasn't assimilated .. They carry alot of 'passive racist' views w/ them (My asian friends call their racist views passive as they don't speak about them often .. the kind of .. Smile in your face but consider you lower than dirt in their minds kind of racism) .. Sure, they'll volunteer in the bad neighborhoods.. sure you'll see charities to give back 'to the others'.. but many of them still hold their views of feeling like they are less than them .. This translates into 'differences' in social interactions .. if you keep your eyes open, you can see them quite clearly ....

I'll echo :
"^ The difference is "other" cities don't have pretenses about being "diverse" and "tolerant" while actually not being those things."

I'm from FL .. and I found it to be more diverse/integrated/tolerant .. income more fairly distributed than the bay area/SF.

As for those stats you pulled.. %'age does not reflect 'quantity' .. i've warned you about this before Clair. And you are whole-fully wrong in comparing Manhattan to SF.. SF has boroughs just like New York .. Try comparing the most expensive district in SF to manhattan .. I am sure Manhattan bests that district of SF in way of more even distribution of wealth among the diff. races.
I'd rather someone have the balls to express their racist views to my face and be obvious about it then to pretend and be sneaky.. In the former case, I can avoid them.. defend myself if it comes to that and confront them (when it applies..) .. Can't do anything about someone who hates you in secret.. smiles in your face and thinks your garbage.

So, a jab back at you.. Back on topic .. if not, i'm done here. Said would i wanted about the original topic.. and no one has responded to points expressed .. Not by me but similarities to Vancouver and words of news reporters.. Truth must hurt really bad

Last edited by yeahthatguy; 04-09-2012 at 01:00 AM..

Old 04-09-2012, 01:01 AM

http://images.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/10424353.jpg (broken link)

Old 04-09-2012, 07:53 AM

7,150 posts, read 10,897,373 times
Quote:
Will you continue to defend it beyond reason and spew your nonsense even though you live out the back of a van from time to time when here and are not even a California resident? and don't pay taxes here nor pay for the high cost to put a roof over your family/your head.

And no, once i leave, I will not post on the California forum anymore.
Go buy yourself a bottle of jack and celebrate... One less person to rebut your foolishness.
So, would it be too much to ask that you'd just make the ultimate sacrifice for your California comrades -- who you are abandoning to our fate on the battlefield of the Golden State -- and just stop posting now? It's painful.

Among other points, you rant against ALL of California based entirely on your circumstances (and perceptions): your job location, your commute, your interests, etc. etc etc etc etc etc .... And, well, California is bigger and more various than YTG's world. We'll let the wealthy Chinese have the Bay area -- up to 1600 square miles -- and still have roughly 162,096 left over for the rest of us sufferers.

And, btw, I don't live out of the back of a van! How silly! I live INside the van ... and I pay as much proportionate tax for my time in California as I do anywhere. My income isn't taxable -- anywhere. Among other reasons, I am considered to have already paid my dues in full, and I also live on far less than half of what you claim your base salary to be -- while supporting 3.5 people to your, well, self.

As for the "high cost of putting a roof over my family's head" -- geez Louise kid, I "put a roof" over a family of 6 plus foster kids for 37 years ... you'd think a single 26-yr-old guy could find a way to support himself happily anywhere without the constant whining -- no? Buck up, find some spine, it's a long road ahead. And the Chinese are nipping at your heels.

And what happened to me being on your "ignore list"?

Old 04-09-2012, 07:57 AM

407 posts, read 388,768 times
Quote:
Oakland school shooting: Hayward family grieves for nursing student Lydia Sim - San Jose Mercury News
Oikos shooting victim: Katleen Ping (http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2012/04/03/BANL1NTVSF.DTL - broken link)

Alleged killer Binh Thai Luc pleads not guilty to murder - Crimesider - CBS News

http://www.city-data.com/forum/san-f...rn-racism.html

http://www.city-data.com/forum/san-f...-bay-area.html

Mother load thread :
http://www.city-data.com/forum/san-f...racist-23.html

Oh and b.t.w, you're allowed to CCW .. you know, in that place you referenced .. So, I'm sorry.. I'm not going to end up like a Travyon.. Someone else would be dead and it wouldn't be me.

Also, I've been racially profiled several times while in the bay area (by cops/residents .. while motorcycling in Los Altos)... and have had the cops called on me for 'being suspicious' as well ... here in the bay area.. It's not any different.

From the motherload thread :

I'd rather someone have the balls to express their racist views to my face and be obvious about it then to pretend and be sneaky.. In the former case, I can avoid them.. defend myself if it comes to that and confront them (when it applies..) .. Can't do anything about someone who hates you in secret.. smiles in your face and thinks your garbage.

So, a jab back at you.. Back on topic .. if not, i'm done here. Said would i wanted about the original topic.. and no one has responded to points expressed .. Not by me but similarities to Vancouver and words of news reporters.. Truth must hurt really bad
?

Old 04-09-2012, 08:19 AM

7,150 posts, read 10,897,373 times
Geez, I just read a morning headline I thought was about ytg's problem with the Chinese buying up the Bay -- but nope, my bad.

It read: "China makes move in rare earth trade spat".

China makes move in rare earth trade spat - CBS News
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California