Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2012, 04:50 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,701,448 times

Advertisements

I'm guessing that felt like a really good BM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2012, 05:10 PM

7,150 posts, read 10,898,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
I'm guessing that felt like a really good BM.
Don't they all?

Old 04-17-2012, 05:29 PM

2,311 posts, read 3,505,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nullgeo View Post
#1 reason many posts fail:
Too long to read
#2 reason for failure:
Filled with inexperienced gibberish
#1 - Let me keep it short and snarky and lacking depth so those w/ reading problems can parse it (bullet form maybe might help):
- 60-70% of dreamers fail
The list is of 5 mistakes that entrepreneurs make :
1. Ego
2. Lack of Focus
3. Excessive drive and competitiveness
4. Arrogance
5. Rose Colored Glasses
- Depression and hopelessness towards our dreams and goals comes about when you have unrealistic expectations out of skew w/ reality. You collide w/ it. Your world view is invalidated and it crushes you. The big issue w/ America is that its full of dreamers relying on hope instead of people who understand reality, limits, their capabilities, and execute a targeted plan to achieve their goals.

#2 - I guess I should try to become a 9 year old founder of a cardboard arcade to get experienced. Clearly this is where my head needs to be.

#3 - The article is the makings of a movie.. of which many times doesn't match reality.. Makes you feel good though. Makes the dreamers dream.. At some point you wake up and have to try to make your dreams happen and accept they maybe can't in order to accomplish an incremental goal.

Old 04-17-2012, 06:01 PM

1,472 posts, read 2,410,201 times
Quote:
#1 reason many posts fail:
Too long to read
#2 reason for failure:
Filled with inexperienced gibberish
Oh the irony....

Old 04-17-2012, 06:13 PM

No critical responses from the usual peanut gallery ? oh the irony .. Dreams are in the air.
*snark

Old 04-17-2012, 06:30 PM

Response?
How about this? The story to take away isn't really about entrepreneurship or making money at all. The story isn't about falsely or irrationally believing dreams come true.

The story is about defining success as following one's passion -- regardless of money or becoming famous. The kid was brilliant in his heart and spirit. He found a vision inside and brought it to the best reality he could, with what he had, given who he was. And he was satisfied -- even before the film maker and flash mob showed up.

Doesn't have a thing to do with money. If that's your only definition of success, go follow it, sure. I consider that an empty life. I consider this boy and his father to be profoundly successful and rich.

How many of you out there are satisfied with what you have and have done? No matter what most of you achieve, it's still not good enough and you bit*h and whine because you want more.

Old 04-17-2012, 07:03 PM

16,806 posts, read 39,945,786 times
Quote:
How many of you out there are satisfied with what you have and have done?

Old 04-17-2012, 07:12 PM

Well, yeah ... actually you should be ... and when I find my box of gold stars I'm going to send you three ...

Old 04-17-2012, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Response?
How about this? The story to take away isn't really about entrepreneurship or making money at all. The story isn't about falsely or irrationally believing dreams come true.

The story is about defining success as following one's passion -- regardless of money or becoming famous. The kid was brilliant in his heart and spirit. He found a vision inside and brought it to the best reality he could, with what he had, given who he was. And he was satisfied -- even before the film maker and flash mob showed up.

Doesn't have a thing to do with money. If that's your only definition of success, go follow it, sure. I consider that an empty life. I consider this boy and his father to be profoundly successful and rich. How many of you out there are satisfied with what you have and have done?

I am pretty sure almost everyone's childhoods are/were littered with such manifestations of visions and dreams (you know .. before the camera crew came showing up and some click-baiting troll author decided to make suggestions of grandeur from it). Such articles are often used for many other perverted agendas (oh' look .. apply this to adulthood/life.. you can get lucky as **** too) than just highlighted the spirit of childhood innocence. Next time, give your critical response so a meaningful conversation can occur.

Quote:
No matter what most of you achieve, it's still not good enough and you bit*h and whine because you want more.
^ why... adds nothing to the discussion ...

and here goes your re-direction along w/ Forbes :

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forbes Magazine
Ridiculous click-bait title : "9 Reasons Why The 9-Year-Old Founder Of Caine's Arcade Will Be A Billionaire In 30 Years - Forbes"
Ohhhh', it's not about money

Quote:
California out of reach? Not for this 9-year-old entrepreneur from E. L.A.......here's how you make it happen:
Ohhh yeah, because flash mob consumption and 1 off hero creation can scale all of society...

This is everything about hype/viral/sensationalism and nothing about broader scalable societal structures. Go play the lotto if you like these odds. People want instant gratification and validation and this is what our society is shaped around these days... The non-Cain's.. I guess they just are whining .. Aaaa''' A''' shut the ____ up.. No one wants to hear that sh*t .. I feel good right now. I made a difference. I just read about a 1/100,000,000 odd case happening in which a :
filmmaker decided to make a viral video of the day.

With one hand you'll sit back and absolutely flip sh*t about the current state of economic distribution in the country...
Then w/ the other you'll smack anyone who dares point out the broader issues ... Think about the bigger picture... and w/ your two feet push out such sensationalized non-scalable fud articles as this and suggest that if everyone did this and didn't speak out or try to address bigger issues, we'd all be doing great like Cain.

KONY 2012 !! Changing the world one drunken public fap at a time.
*cheers

Last edited by yeahthatguy; 04-17-2012 at 08:02 PM..

Old 04-17-2012, 07:57 PM

1,981 posts, read 3,151,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yeahthatguy View Post
Source : Inc.com
Most Entrepreneurs Fail. Some reasons why....

The list is of 5 mistakes that entrepreneurs make :
1. Ego
2. Lack of Focus
3. Excessive drive and competitiveness
4. Arrogance
5. Rose Colored Glasses

IMO #1 is too much greed..ie desire to expand prematurely.. So it is a greed/lust for money/ experience thing.

The 1, 3 and 5 listed are all the same thing....

I do agree with you on the experience thing... It is a biggy..

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
View detailed profiles of: