Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-26-2012, 06:36 PM

14,129 posts, read 31,253,676 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WesternPilgrim View Post
No worries, CAVA.
Although I'm a generation ahead of you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2012, 06:43 PM

Location: Central Bay Area, CA as of Jan 2010...but still a proud Texan from Houston!
7,484 posts, read 10,448,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .highnlite View Post
Actually no, the places where it takes hours in traffic to get anywhere are pretty much limited to SoCal, which is only a small part of the state. If you are there, you should leave, as all healthy people should. If your mortgage is that much of your income, somebody made some bad decisions.
Actually no, hours of traffic to get anywhere also exists in Northern CA.

Old 09-26-2012, 07:01 PM

7,150 posts, read 10,898,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVC15 View Post
People don't believe this $hit. You would be living in a crap hole for under 600$ in SF. Or with several roomies with no peace or privacy.
No roomies. Complete privacy and peace -- in fact: gated security. Fine in-city community. I know numerous people are living as I describe, in S.F. city, right this minute as I write and you read.

I will not disclose publicly, though it is entirely legal and above board. More fun to observe people like yourself scoffing -- but wondering -- and not being able to see how simple alternatives to tv America can be. I might be willing to disclose privately to a couple of regular posters on this forum who I think can keep a secret, and they can verify what I claim. Though I suspect you'd scoff at their verification as "$hit", as well.

But, if you want to put up a nice fat sum of money for a wager -- say $100K? Then I'll show you in person if you'd like

Old 09-26-2012, 07:04 PM

7,150 posts, read 10,898,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtrader View Post
Forbes just came out with their new list of places to go, for business and careers. In other words where the action is moving to. Only one place in California even made the list which is San Francisco in 23rd place.

Best place is Provo Utah, and number 6 is also in Utah. Look at how South Carolina is represented and is a big destination of many companies fleeing California and New York. Note how Texas is featured which was the fastest economic improvement state first out of the recession.

A few years ago, California led the lists, and today only one city can even make the list. Of course the reason a lot of those that made the list were on it, is due to companies leaving California and going there.
Again: what's your point? What is your mission here?
Perhaps you are hoping that everyone will heed your prognostications and fear-mongering, and up and "flee" the state so you can swoop in ... that's what I want too ...

Old 09-26-2012, 07:11 PM

16,806 posts, read 39,945,786 times
We should all flee to his part of Montucky.

Old 09-26-2012, 07:16 PM

1,790 posts, read 2,926,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fontucky View Post
We should all flee to his part of Montucky.
apparently he never reads the Montucky thread cuz that sure ain't a good place to go!! but i'm glad he likes it there. he can have it!

Old 09-26-2012, 07:40 PM

6,390 posts, read 9,684,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVC15 View Post
Actually no, hours of traffic to get anywhere also exists in Northern CA.
Not really, and I doubt it. But pray tell, where and when would this be a problem?

And leave out the bay area, it is the bay area, a far cry and distance in many ways from Northern CA. Actually, in Northern CA you are already there.

Old 09-26-2012, 08:00 PM

19,209 posts, read 16,696,914 times
I'll be leaving Mars soon. Gotta stay one step ahead of the law. (just kidding)

Old 09-26-2012, 08:01 PM

9,891 posts, read 11,766,452 times
nullgeo

No I don't want to swoop in. I am one of those natives that fled the state. It is not fear mongering. What I want is for people to realize the truth of what is going on, and not lead people into something they do not understand.

The state has serious problems, and they are accelerating not going away. Too many posters seem to have their heads in the sand, waiting for the California glory days to return.

If they want them to return, they have to move the business climate in the state a long way up the scale not dead last as they are now. Companies that consider California as a place to set up business, or expand their current businesses look at this, and see California is not business friendly.

If they want them to return, they have to stop sticking so many taxes on business, to the point that they want nothing to do with California. And they are always threatening to make it worse for business, which drives it away and keeps it from moving to California.

The bureaucratic hurdles that they put for businesses to jump through with huge fees, along with other high costs to do business that need to be brought under control in California so business can afford to move to California, and/or to expand in California.

I would love to see California as a leader, not going downhill as is their current path.

Old 09-26-2012, 08:13 PM

19,209 posts, read 16,696,914 times
Hey oldtrader ... I share the same opinion as you just posted. This state is in deep, deep trouble and it's only going to get worse. Been here since birth and I'm pretty much done with it. Businesses still moving out of the state. Yesterday's news report - Comcast closing down three call centers in the state. 1000 jobs will be gone. School systems are bad and don't seem to be improving. What was once a strong economy - 25 years ago - no longer exists. The legislature is going to have to do something to invite business to come here and I just don't see them doing that. One thing that is perfect about the state is the weather but that's not enough to keep me here, any longer.

To those who want to move to California, I wish them well. Hope it works out for them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California