Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2012, 02:09 AM

2,311 posts, read 3,504,707 times

Advertisements

NYT: Apple's savings show tax code's failings - Business - US business - The New York Times - msnbc.com

The most prided tech company in California doing its part to shortchange California of tax revenue .. So, lets see .. All of its manufacturing is overseas .. F*** you America .. Tax loopholes out the wazoo .. etc ... but hey, a couple of privileged people in Cupertino make top dollar... Oh and shareholders too

Build it .. They come .. don't tax the corps. tax the workers to death.
Free market .. *cheers
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2012, 08:34 AM
jw2

2,028 posts, read 3,264,955 times
Since you are smarter than everyone in California and have stated you could have a more successful life in Orlando, why haven't you moved? Don't worry, you can still malign California once you left, many do.

Old 04-29-2012, 09:48 AM

11,715 posts, read 40,438,984 times
And all the anti-corporate iSheep idolize this company.

Old 04-29-2012, 11:44 AM

2,410 posts, read 4,452,603 times
I remember watching all the Occupy people protesting the evils of corporations and big business, then pull out their iPhones. Apple has more money offshore than any other business (although I think GE has a lot, but GE also has a number of manufactoring companies still in the US).

Per their latest analyst report, they are sitting on $110 billion, most being held offshore, and their total revenue last quarter was $39 billion.

To be realistic, if those 700,000 jobs were in the US, and I'm sure SEIU would be involved, after paying wages and benefits, those iPhones would be 4 or 5 times whatever they cost now. Business decision, but we lose on jobs and we lose on taxes.

Old 04-29-2012, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jw2 View Post
Since you are smarter than everyone in California and have stated you could have a more successful life in Orlando, why haven't you moved? Don't worry, you can still malign California once you left, many do.
Lol? Since you stalk me so much, you'd know the date is already set ... Later this year. Plan on doing a nice cross country trip :-D. I'll pass the 'keep it real' batton when i leave.. I'm sure the usuals will continue to stalk and bash on anyone who talks about california's issues far after i leave and stop posting. Any comments on the article?

Old 04-29-2012, 12:16 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,444,381 times
Apple is merely following the mandate of all corporations: maximize net free cash flow per share. That means consistently maximizing revenue and minimizing expenses - of which taxes are obviously a portion. That's all part of market efficiency. The fault ultimately lies with the US government if the tax code is so riddled with loopholes and corrupt exceptions that unfair inequalities result in corporate tax rates. The extensive mess that is the US tax code is a product of leadership failure by generations of lawmakers.

Old 04-29-2012, 01:05 PM

7,150 posts, read 10,893,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yeahthatguy View Post
Lol? Since you stalk me so much, you'd know the date is already set ... Later this year. Plan on doing a nice cross country trip :-D. I'll pass the 'keep it real' batton when i leave.. I'm sure the usuals will continue to stalk and bash on anyone who talks about california's issues far after i leave and stop posting. Any comments on the article?
You should be so important to be stalkable.

We just can't get away from your Hare Krishna chanting about how the world will finally be realized when all the "idiots, stupids, jack wagons, morons, etcetcetc, come to follow the visions of a 26-year-old wunderkind 3 years out of college classes that taught him how to evaluate life through endless charts and graphs.

Old 04-29-2012, 04:27 PM

No comments on the article per usual .. And more redirection . I love my fans.. They are such a colorful bunch

Old 04-29-2012, 04:50 PM

4,236 posts, read 8,136,274 times
I can't blame them for working a broken system.

Old 04-29-2012, 04:50 PM

1,378 posts, read 1,391,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EscapeCalifornia View Post
And all the anti-corporate iSheep idolize this company.
I don't (though I wouldn't really call myself "anti-corporate." They have their good points and their bad points, like most anything).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
View detailed profiles of: