U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2012, 11:04 PM

7,151 posts, read 4,432,884 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WesternPilgrim View Post
This is a painting of Christian Indians performing a native dance at Mission San Jose:
How quaint. They're doing the hokey-pokey, I believe. Grape juice and crackers after we've worked up a thirst for the blood of Christ everyone!

Old 05-11-2012, 02:53 AM

2,228 posts, read 2,063,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .highnlite View Post
This is interesting, a common but false idea that the Euros were less murderous than the Aztecs (you do know human sacrifice did not occur with frequency among the California indians, right?).

Give this book a read 1491
No thanks -- I got enough lies from my liberal English and history teachers back in college. And the last thing I'm interested in is something probably endorsed by the NCLR.

Old 05-11-2012, 08:43 AM

6,390 posts, read 3,545,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visit a Library View Post
No thanks -- I got enough lies from my liberal English and history teachers back in college. And the last thing I'm interested in is something probably endorsed by the NCLR.
so really your nickname is visit a library but don't open anything.

Read the book, it is factual. Are your opinions so shallowly held that reading something that would conflict with them would make you cry?

If the book is lies, shouldn't you be able to tell what the lies are?

I find your thinking appalling.

The book is not ideological, it is factual.

But then again, we all know that conservatives prefer their beliefs to anything in the fact filled world.

I did notice that you did not attempt to refute my points about the relative murderousness of the Euros compared to the Aztec. I would think that if one had an idea, one would want to defend it, silly me.

Old 05-11-2012, 12:18 PM

19,280 posts, read 16,632,559 times
Quote:
But then again, we all know that conservatives prefer their beliefs to anything in the fact filled world.
::::sigh:::: Second verse same as the first. Nothing new under the sun but the long-awaited answer to the question that usually follows this redundancy; "What have conservatives ever done for the country?"

Elementary! They didn't become liberals.

Both sides of the aisle are preposterous and in equal measure.

Old 05-11-2012, 01:34 PM

7,151 posts, read 4,432,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
::::sigh:::: Second verse same as the first. Nothing new under the sun but the long-awaited answer to the question that usually follows this redundancy; "What have conservatives ever done for the country?"

Both sides of the aisle are human.

And some humans look forward progressively and with excitement about improving conditions for humanity ... and make stupid mistakes trying to improve on the universe.

And some humans look only to acquire and hoard everything they can for themselves and their buddies, hell with everyone else now and in the future ... and make stupid mistakes trying to control the universe to their ends, as well.

Bottom line is: stupid is stupid ... But which stupid is more fun to play with? Those who won't share toys or those who will?

Old 05-11-2012, 03:38 PM

Quote:

Surely you can see, time and time again, falsehoods put out by the likes of Pilgrim, falsehoods that can be shown to have no basis in reality.

And for the other part, no one has ever come up with anything good Conservatives have ever done for the country. Fact is, they have opposed everything good this country has done.. Sad but true.

Old 05-11-2012, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Surely you can see, time and time again, falsehoods put out by the likes of Pilgrim, falsehoods that can be shown to have no basis in reality.

And for the other part, no one has ever come up with anything good Conservatives have ever done for the country. Fact is, they have opposed everything good this country has done.. Sad but true.
LOL! Pilgrim doesn't count. Zealots rarely do. As for the rest, I still maintain that both extremes are harmful but have to admit the far, far right is one stop from the loony bin. Moderation and the middle would be a welcome change. Not likely in my remaining lifetime I'm afraid.

Old 05-11-2012, 04:48 PM

Quote:
LOL! Pilgrim doesn't count. Zealots rarely do. As for the rest, I still maintain that both extremes are harmful but have to admit the far, far right is one stop from the loony bin. Moderation and the middle would be a welcome change. Not likely in my remaining lifetime I'm afraid.
I do not see that extreme left, does anything, except may break windows, the extreme left has never contributed much to the nation, fortunately for America, the rational people, the liberals, from Jefferson to Lincoln to both Roosevelts etc, did.

I don't see polarization so much as the moderate left freezing in place, and the right jumping clean off the end of the rationality pier.

Old 05-11-2012, 04:53 PM

Quote:
I do not see that extreme left, does anything, except may break windows, the extreme left has never contributed much to the nation, fortunately for America, the rational people, the liberals, from Jefferson to Lincoln to both Roosevelts etc, did.

I don't see polarization so much as the moderate left freezing in place, and the right jumping clean off the end of the rationality pier.
Then the one should thaw and I'm not convinced the other can even find the pier or recognize it if they happen to stumble across it.

Old 05-11-2012, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Then the one should thaw and I'm not convinced the other can even find the pier or recognize it if they happen to stumble across it.
What I see is that the pier jumpers willfully don't see the pier, they prefer to imagine reality, Pilgrim is a great example, Don9 was another, apparently Visit a Library, is another.

I find it curious, that Jesus said, "Love ye one another", he didn't say love the people who agree with you, he said love everyone.

St. Paul said, "If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal."

He did not say, "If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love for the people who agree with me and no one else, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal."

Christian is a verb, if one is a christian then the kind of love Jesus talked about should reflect in their every word and action.

That does not happen very often. Most Christians seem to be fearful and hate filled, they disguise it of course, and rationalize their behavior to themselves, but, they may as well wear their fear and hate (same emotion) tattooed on their foreheads, as all the world see what they are, except themselves.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California