Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2012, 05:37 AM

1,981 posts, read 3,150,301 times

Advertisements

Thanks for the statistics city...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2012, 08:25 AM

6,390 posts, read 9,679,297 times
Quote:
It's also estimated AG will reach 19,000-20,000 pop. by 2020. AG and Nipomo are the fastest growing cities in South County.
I find this interesting, since there is little to no new construction in Arroyo Grande. Not sure where all these new people will live, or work. We could certainly use more farm laborers.

Old 06-30-2012, 08:28 AM

169 posts, read 764,423 times
Great, great pictures highnlite! Is that you holding your grandson!?
Do you ever rent out your horses or give lessons? My nephews are 7 and 9 and would love to get them riding!
As I have said before - I love, love, love reading your posts. Your family really should write a book about the area.
The City would have an excellent life if he listened to your wisdom and guidance.
But what do they say? Youth is wasted on the children?? Or something like that!!!

Old 06-30-2012, 08:53 AM

Thank you for the compliments, no, that is not me. I do not have grandchildren yet. I do not rent my horses, they are not good horses for beginners, they tend to be independent thinkers Former Wild horses from Nevada.

However, I recommend Sun King Farms, it is on East Branch Mill Road east of Arroyo Grande. If you are interested I can give you the name of a very fine teacher/trainer.

I have a different perspective than some, I was raised here, but left after high school and lived at Tahoe for most of the last 40 years, but I have also lived on the East Coast, So Cal and Italy. Coming back here I can see how this area fits into the schema of the world.

My wife and daughters too, lived in other places and love it here. My wife's gardens (she has several) are a wonder, she likes that. The kids are very successful here due to the schools, high school, Cuesta and Cal Poly. My son loves to visit, but it is too far from the high Sierra for him, as it was for me for so long.

"The City" will one day understand the following, "in theory there is no difference between theory and practice, in practice there is".

Old 06-30-2012, 09:12 AM

169 posts, read 764,423 times
If you could message me the name, that would be great! Maybe my 'ol bones will get up and ride again. Nothing like it!!
Horses and dogs - very good judges of character!!!

Old 07-01-2012, 12:04 AM

168 posts, read 554,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the city View Post

It's also estimated AG will reach 19,000-20,000 pop. by 2020. AG and Nipomo are the fastest growing cities in South County.
I love it when you think the General Plan knows all.. its estimates man. And estimates don't take into account one of the greatest economic collapses in a generation.

Old 07-01-2012, 07:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlwaysSmiling View Post
If you could message me the name, that would be great! Maybe my 'ol bones will get up and ride again. Nothing like it!!
Horses and dogs - very good judges of character!!!
I pm'ed you.

A shire caballero, vaquero, horseman. A good way for a young man or woman to grow up.

Old 07-01-2012, 02:52 PM

4,932 posts, read 12,755,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn_Estrada View Post
I love it when you think the General Plan knows all.. its estimates man. And estimates don't take into account one of the greatest economic collapses in a generation.
General plan estimates 20,000. I am saying 19,000.

AG is inbetween SM and SLO which both have job markets. Also tourism is still going strong and we have to have people to work in that new charter school. So I would say AG has jobs and room for people to move here.

Highnlite, I see you are so one-sided and you have your friends come back you up.

Look at all the development AG has seen. Expansion to their high school, Petco and Pier 1 and In N Out, Sprint, Me N Eds Pizzeria, etc...

I had a couple people just message me stating how they are fed up with hignlite, but for their sake I will keep their names out of this. Highnlite has had several threads with people fed up with his nonsense and posting the facts where Highnlite is wrong.

Old 07-01-2012, 03:15 PM

1,981 posts, read 3,150,301 times
Quote:

AG is inbetween SM and SLO which both have job markets. Also tourism is still going strong and we have to have people to work in that new charter school. So I would say AG has jobs and room for people to move here.

Highnlite, I see you are so one-sided and you have your friends come back you up.

Look at all the development AG has seen. Expansion to their high school, Petco and Pier 1 and In N Out, Sprint, Me N Eds Pizzeria, etc...

I had a couple people just message me stating how they are fed up with hignlite, but for their sake I will keep their names out of this. Highnlite has had several threads with people fed up with his nonsense and posting the facts where Highnlite is wrong.
I feel 100% the oposite as you do. Highnlite is an awesome resource, for the vast majority of people that find AG attractive with rural properties room for horses, animals gardens and so forth.. You on the other hand primarily talk about shopping and developement

IMO there are plenty of developed areas in California... What makes AG and many other small towns in the county such gems is the lack of development!!!!!!!!!

As a resident, my vote would be for less development... strip malls and subdivisions are a dime a dozen and already pollute the beautiful state enough..

Go do something in the great outdoors kiddo...

Old 07-01-2012, 04:06 PM

Quote:

I find that extremely funny, those who prefer belief to fact will always oppose those who prefer fact to belief. population estimates of any increase nothing to do with chain store expansion, they do not build on what might be, but is.
I assume that those who prefer urban areas with urban sensitivities, who seek pleasure in constructs of man will not agree with me, and should stay in any of our urban blights, where they can have their full supply of concrete and asphalt.

For men who want to be men, and women who want to be women, I recommend rural California.

Now, not to pick on "The City" he is a kid with little life experience, his obsession with chain stores and malls, fits perfectly with the New America, mores the pity.

He could be in Thailand working with the Karen, he could be in the Himalaya climbing mountains, he could be in Colorado fighting wildfire, he could on the Colorado running the river. He could be building fence in the Carrizo Plain, in the summer. He could herding cattle out beyond Creston. Or surfing a point break somewhere south of Big Sur, or other manly or womanly pursuits, But, he ain't, he is shopping.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California