U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 07-25-2012, 07:50 PM

336 posts, read 286,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fontucky View Post
I love these dramatic farewell posts.

Bye dear! Please tell everyone you possibly can back East so they don't move here.
This made me laugh! Although I agree with some things the OP says, strong exaggeration. Death Valley over SF... that was funny too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2012, 01:51 PM

1,407 posts, read 783,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew1056 View Post
Ok, moved here a few years ago. I absolutely loved it. Its beautiful, don't get me wrong. But I can't stand it anymore, here is why.

-They tax you on everything
-EVERYTHING is overpriced.
-Its overcrowded
-The people here are ignorant and rude, not all, but most of them
-San francisco sucks, their are only a few ways to get into the city.. Marin county, bay bridge, or driving up the peninsula. And theirs always traffic.
-Its SUNNY all the time. I like sunny days, but It does get quite annoying when it doesn't rain at all. And when it rains everyone goes crazy like "holy ****, its rain, where gonna die!"
-Natural Gas Lines. If their is a major earthquake, older communities could explode. PG&E is Genius.
-Illegal Immigrants everywhere.

Seriously, I would rather be in death valley then be in SF. Its ****. If the US goes down, california is going down first. Back to the East Coast.
You sound like a troll. The only bad thing about California is that it's expensive. Some places in cali are worth every penny. There are a few things about California that annoy me, but I don't use those tiny details to bash that state. Plus, I don't go on every state thread and bash on there because I don't care about those places. Well, you're happy to leave if you want.

Old 07-27-2012, 04:12 PM

978 posts, read 694,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew1056 View Post
Ok, moved here a few years ago. I absolutely loved it. Its beautiful, don't get me wrong. But I can't stand it anymore, here is why.

-They tax you on everything
-EVERYTHING is overpriced.
-Its overcrowded
-The people here are ignorant and rude, not all, but most of them
-San francisco sucks, their are only a few ways to get into the city.. Marin county, bay bridge, or driving up the peninsula. And theirs always traffic.
-Its SUNNY all the time. I like sunny days, but It does get quite annoying when it doesn't rain at all. And when it rains everyone goes crazy like "holy ****, its rain, where gonna die!"
-Natural Gas Lines. If their is a major earthquake, older communities could explode. PG&E is Genius.
-Illegal Immigrants everywhere.

Seriously, I would rather be in death valley then be in SF. Its ****. If the US goes down, california is going down first. Back to the East Coast.
Vaya con Dios!!

Old 07-31-2012, 07:15 AM

10 posts, read 17,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyTXsmile View Post
I'm willing to bet when you lived in CA you weren't in an equally tiny town of 27k. If you were, I'd be very surprised if it had gangs, so it doesn't seem to me that you're comparing apples to apples, but that's besides the point.

I once lived in a similar sized town for a few years. While it has advantages over the city / suburbs, it also has major disadvantages. It's just a matter of what your biggest needs are at the time as to which is best for you.

I am glad that you found your happy place, but am weary of anyone that is still in the honeymoon period of any new experience. Please return to this thread in a few years and tell us if you still feel the same way. I truly hope you do, because at the end of the day, it's the number of happy days in our life that matter most. Good luck.
Thank you much Sunny, My job as a husband and father is to make sure my family is in a healthy safe environment. No where is perfect but I do the best I can to find it.

Old 07-31-2012, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blauskies View Post
I live/lived in the Southeast and in the Deep South, although I'm not in the Bible Belt or Deep South currently I have lived in that part of the world, plenty of poverty and crime outside and inside the larger metro areas, ie Atlanta, New Orleans, Birmingham and so on. The lack of culture is often disturbing in some parts, food selection is often minimal unless your right in the metro and in some instances it's not much, civil war is not over mentality and the poverty is well depressing and the prosperity of jobs for educated folks is minimal, aside from the factories making Hyundais, Hondas and KIAs etc. No real high tech sectors outside of Huntsville or RTP which does not even fall into the "Deep South" region. Georgia's 6% income tax is steep for the median salaries.

I'm sure it is indeed "a whole new world outside of California" in more ways than one, probably never seen a Rebel flag before huh get use to seeing them all the time or Piggly Wiggly and Kudzu, glad you found yourself. I'm sure you could have found 2 acres in someone in CA too?
blauskies, Watching the news out of Atlanta Dekalb County reminds me of Stockton, The crime is bad. I have not seen rebel flags flying around here, If you bring up Gen.Sherman they rear back and give me this look like I just kicked them in the nuts. Self employment is the key to survival here. KUDZU !!! I had to physically dig them up by the root ball to get rid of them !!! What amazes me is when I go to a quick stop type place there will be vehicles sitting outside running unattended ! WHAT !??!?! In Stockton they would be history !! but they think nothing of it.

Old 07-31-2012, 07:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nullgeo View Post
Speaking on behalf of all Californians:
Congratulations, and thank you for leaving!
Thank you ! And good luck to you.

Old 07-31-2012, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonard64 View Post
Actually many are people who were born and raised in CA and remember it when it was great. Each city surrounded by dairies, farms, and open spaces, not house to house sprawl. Traffic was mild, except in LA, and gangs and drugs were almost unknown. It was great then, but unless you lived then you don't see how bad it has gotten. We miss what was great and bemoan the deterioration of a State with sooo much natural beauty, resources and wonderful weather. It still has them, you just can't enjoy them as we did.

Other States have improved while CA has gone downhill.

An example is a good friend who was born near Knoxville, TN in the late 60's and joined the army to have a home with something other than a dirt floor, and he also wanted an inside toilet. He went to Vietnam then and still felt a tent was not a drop in status from what he had in TN. He lived in Knox County VERY near the center of Knoxville, not a rural area. Dirt floors and out houses as well.

Now TN is growing at a nice steady rate, the area where my friend grew up is much, much nicer, though old, and we have every amenity that CA does (except the beach and Jerry brown). What was quite backwards is now very nice, while CA which was sooo nice is now, well ............., not as nice as it was. For those of us who loved CA and grew up there, it is very saddening to see the mess it is in now.

This is why so many move to the South, it is an improvement, even with the humidity, over what is IN CA now. We post because we still care about the State, it is the people that have changed the environment, not the State itself.
Leonard, Nicely put !!!

Old 07-31-2012, 08:42 AM

6,390 posts, read 2,867,823 times
Quote:
This is why so many move to the South, it is an improvement, even with the humidity, over what is IN CA now. We post because we still care about the State, it is the people that have changed the environment, not the State itself.
An excellent post. Would you care to post more reasons to encourage folks to leave the state?
California's problems are based on population, as Californians depart for other areas, they are doing to the other areas.

Has has been said before, "Everything west of Istanbul is Los Angeles".

Old 07-31-2012, 09:03 AM

881 posts, read 490,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .highnlite View Post
An excellent post. Would you care to post more reasons to encourage folks to leave the state?
California's problems are based on population, as Californians depart for other areas, they are doing to the other areas.

Has has been said before, "Everything west of Istanbul is Los Angeles".
Hi,

Population is obviously a problem but it has been aggravated by greedy developers, etc and short sighted politicians, who have no concern for tomorrow, except to get their fat retirement check. Then comes the real problem:

Who should be encouraged to leave?

The ones taking the money the State gives out to help them or the ones who make the money they are giving out?

The legal residents or the illegal residents?

The voters or the politicians they vote into office?

Just wondering.

Old 07-31-2012, 09:44 AM

3,442 posts, read 2,659,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SalParadise View Post
You moved here from another state and are now complaining the place is overcrowded? I hear there are a lot of energy jobs in South Dakota. Be my guest.
Its ND.... yes I know all those fly over states are the same and only have trailer homes to live in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California