Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2012, 02:16 AM

Location: Central Bay Area, CA as of Jan 2010...but still a proud Texan from Houston!
7,484 posts, read 10,409,902 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUOK? View Post
Why are you against data? No, Texas leads the nation with 25% uninsured

Texas, Where 25% Are Uninsured, Opts Out of Medicaid Expansion - Politics - The Atlantic Wire

Those stats were from the bureau of labor and the census. It's interesting how you're blind to these things. It's rude to foam at the mouth when you don't read the posts or links. Either read or don't post. Please.

You posted that we should towards Texas. I stated that modeling ourselves on Texas is a bad idea for these reasons.Thus we should find a different model.

How is this alluding you?
OMG you must be kidding me Please save your time for better endeavors...worry about CA not TX. Texas is doing much better than most states despite the problems it has.

What is sad about this is the fact that CA has far more issues than what you are trying to wage against Texas. Why not post links about the CA issues?...that should be your focus. Californians sure have a strange way of avoiding the real issues of the state.

Again CA should be taking economic lessons from Texas. After all it is number one for business http://finance.yahoo.com/news/texas-...ness-2012.html And unfortunately business is what makes the world go round and round and round.

Last edited by TVC15; 07-13-2012 at 02:28 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2012, 05:49 AM

6,957 posts, read 22,240,254 times
15 dollar an hour call center jobs? And I thought that guy (My name is Ken), who sounded a lot like he was from Mumbai, now lives in Houston. That Texas drawl has certainly changed.

Old 07-13-2012, 06:07 AM

730 posts, read 1,910,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVC15 View Post
Yes you are spot on! CA cheerleaders like to throw this crap out there in an attempt to divert the reality of the problems of this state. So what if Texas has the highest minimum paying jobs...at least they are working and not sitting on their arse with their hands out.

The cheerleaders should be worrying about CA and not TX. TX is doing just fine...CA is in big trouble.
Minimum wage jobs may well be an indication that new (young just out of school) people are finding work while in CA they can't. Having more may simply be an indication of a lot of start up jobs where people gain experience and move up. In CA it is hard to find those jobs now or we would see higher numbers for CA and lower unemployment.

Old 07-13-2012, 08:45 AM

17,476 posts, read 38,898,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMenscha View Post
I think I'm going to scream if I read yet another post about how CA sucks.

They are pointless, trolling, and the responses inevitably fall into;

1. No it isn't.
2. Yes it is.
3. <insert another state name here> is better.
4. <insert another state name here> no it isn't.
5. The government sucks. News flash, they all do.

I'd like to also suggest that for those who post that they are moving away and why, that;

1. We generally don't care if you move away.
2. Post only when you aren't within the borders of CA. Even then we still won't care.
3. Enjoy your new found state and post in that forum how much better off you are now that you don't live in CA. At least we will be spared from reading it.
Haha - bravo! I don't live in CA (but love the state) I live in FL and we get the SAME EXACT POSTS! I get sick of the trolls. Wish they would just shut up and leave already. CA and FL are two of the best states to live, case closed

Old 07-13-2012, 09:17 AM

1,271 posts, read 2,584,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post
Haha - bravo! I don't live in CA (but love the state) I live in FL and we get the SAME EXACT POSTS! I get sick of the trolls. Wish they would just shut up and leave already. CA and FL are two of the best states to live, case closed
FL is a good state to live in if your wealthy, retired and do need to rely on anyone for a career. If you move here expecting great career growth and opportunity, you will sadly be disappointed. Most employers have a take it or leave it attitude and a lot of jobs pay less than market because of the Sunshine Tax and lack of competition similar to what's in the Bay Area of CA.

Will say this, if you work in medical, plastic/cosmetic surgery, wealth management or are a lawyer, it's a great place for a career. Also can't forget the low paying service jobs to service all the tourists and wealthy residents.

Old 07-13-2012, 10:16 AM

17,476 posts, read 38,898,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blauskies View Post
FL is a good state to live in if your wealthy, retired and do need to rely on anyone for a career. If you move here expecting great career growth and opportunity, you will sadly be disappointed. Most employers have a take it or leave it attitude and a lot of jobs pay less than market because of the Sunshine Tax and lack of competition similar to what's in the Bay Area of CA.

Will say this, if you work in medical, plastic/cosmetic surgery, wealth management or are a lawyer, it's a great place for a career. Also can't forget the low paying service jobs to service all the tourists and wealthy residents.
I rest my case ^^^^

Old 07-13-2012, 10:24 AM

1,271 posts, read 2,584,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post
I rest my case ^^^^
Spoken like a typical Floridian Reinforces more why I have to get out of Miami ASAP

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California