U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2012, 10:31 AM

434 posts, read 467,905 times

Advertisements

We rank 40th out of 50 as a place to do business. Down near Mississippi. Why don't our Sacramento politicans recognize this and work on it? Maybe they should visit Texas and learn from them.

News Headlines

Texas is #1.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/texas-...ness-2012.html

CA did get an honorable mention. Tied for first as the place to get money.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2012, 10:47 AM

19,219 posts, read 16,572,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by native56 View Post
We rank 40th out of 50 as a place to do business. Down near Mississippi. Why don't our Sacramento politicans recognize this and work on it?
Elementary! Because they don't care about the state or the people; just their next re-election or next higher office. Yet the sheeple keep voting for them. Go figure!

Old 07-11-2012, 10:48 AM

6,175 posts, read 11,595,668 times
I think I'm going to scream if I read yet another post about how CA sucks.

They are pointless, trolling, and the responses inevitably fall into;

1. No it isn't.
2. Yes it is.
3. <insert another state name here> is better.
4. <insert another state name here> no it isn't.
5. The government sucks. News flash, they all do.

I'd like to also suggest that for those who post that they are moving away and why, that;

1. We generally don't care if you move away.
2. Post only when you aren't within the borders of CA. Even then we still won't care.
3. Enjoy your new found state and post in that forum how much better off you are now that you don't live in CA. At least we will be spared from reading it.

Old 07-11-2012, 10:59 AM

7,151 posts, read 4,418,170 times
Yes? We should improve the business climate for California so that it will become even more crowded, expensive, and unmanageable?

California business is doing fine enough to have created and continued managing the finest, economy in the nation, and 8th finest in the world -- EXCEPT for the temporary national and world economic crisis which has hit hard. California's business climate didn't cause the recession. Stop "conflating" () the two issues.

Old 07-11-2012, 11:14 AM

364 posts, read 311,921 times
So one responds with "stop giving me bad news". And the other with "it's good that CA is in the cellar".

Geez.

Old 07-11-2012, 11:21 AM

7,151 posts, read 4,418,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshine7793 View Post
So one responds with "stop giving me bad news". And the other with "it's good that CA is in the cellar".

Geez.
But it isn't bad news ... and the state isn't in the cellar at all ...
California is the top GDP state and world's 8th largest economy.

So why is it struggling with so many difficult economic challenges now?
Because we are in a HUGE WORLDWIDE recession -- one in which California is uniquely well positioned to grow itself out of over time as the rest of the world also normalizes.

But many whiny Americans don't have any experience living through challenges ... and don't appear to have the spine for the fight.

Just. Go. Away.

Old 07-11-2012, 11:25 AM

434 posts, read 467,905 times
Here's a big part of the problem. The Sacramento politicians spend too much time making laws. The Texas legislature won't even meet this year. Meanwhile the CA legislature will meet from January to the end of August. Too much time spent causing mischief:

Dates of 2012 state legislative sessions - Ballotpedia

"No man's life, liberty or property is safe while congress is in session".
--Mark Twain

True then and now.

Old 07-11-2012, 11:43 AM

364 posts, read 311,921 times
I guess you don't need to care about our problem with businesses leaving the state so long as you've got a cushy government job. What about the 11% (real number is closer to 20%) of Californian's who are unemployed. Should they be comforted by the notion that we have the world's 8th economy bla, bla..?

Old 07-11-2012, 12:10 PM

570 posts, read 659,626 times
why alot of Californians said they don't care if companies are leaving. At the end of last year, there is a big company in my area call Waste Connections left and moved To Texas, then why people in the city got mad?

Old 07-11-2012, 12:15 PM

19,219 posts, read 16,572,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMenscha View Post
I think I'm going to scream if I read yet another post about how CA sucks.

They are pointless, trolling, and the responses inevitably fall into;

1. No it isn't.
2. Yes it is.
3. <insert another state name here> is better.
4. <insert another state name here> no it isn't.
5. The government sucks. News flash, they all do.

I'd like to also suggest that for those who post that they are moving away and why, that;

1. We generally don't care if you move away.
2. Post only when you aren't within the borders of CA. Even then we still won't care.
3. Enjoy your new found state and post in that forum how much better off you are now that you don't live in CA. At least we will be spared from reading it.
Not caring + ignoring reality = nothing's going to change for the better anytime soon!

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California