U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2012, 06:44 PM

13,784 posts, read 23,827,553 times

Advertisements

This story is in today's KCBS website release, but I find it a bit odd since we are in July of 2012. However, I think they may be discussing the first 6 months of 2012, but anyhow:

SAN FRANCISCO (KCBS) – California had the highest foreclosure rate in the country in July, a stark reminder that people are still losing their homes in record numbers despite state and federal efforts to end the housing crisis...

Foreclosures in California have shot up 18 percent since June 2011.

California Foreclosure Rate Tops In Nation; San Leandro Family’s Struggle Typical « CBS San Francisco

Last edited by NewToCA; 07-12-2012 at 11:13 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2012, 08:15 PM

2,311 posts, read 2,891,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewToCA View Post
This story is in todays, KCBS website release, but I find it a bit odd since we are in July of 2012. However, I think they may be discussing the first 6 months of 2012, but anyhow:

SAN FRANCISCO (KCBS) – California had the highest foreclosure rate in the country in July, a stark reminder that people are still losing their homes in record numbers despite state and federal efforts to end the housing crisis...

Foreclosures in California have shot up 18 percent since June 2011.

California Foreclosure Rate Tops In Nation; San Leandro Family’s Struggle Typical « CBS San Francisco
The banks have been delaying foreclosures for years.. They are finally handling the backlog. Californian's as much as they like rant about how amazing they are ... are the most indebted in the U.S of all states. It is also the state w/ the most exotic loans (ARM/etc) as no one here, as much as they say how amazing it is, can afford traditional 30 year mortgages ..

California .. 3rd highest unemployment rate.... top 5 states w/ highest taxes... most indebted at the personal and state govt. level and hitting the highest foreclosure rate.. 3 cities that have declared bankruptcy in the past 2-3 weeks. The nation's largest share of welfare recipients .. $300+ billion of debt (not counting the ~ trillion in unfunded pension obligations)....

The chickens are coming home to roast.

Old 07-12-2012, 09:18 PM

7,150 posts, read 8,814,043 times
Here's a related story ... unscrupulous hooligan lenders at Wells Fargo Bank in this case ... caught preying on the lower income and minorities in So. California ... well educated in their business opportunities and responsibilities ... already wealthy as hell ... using their position of professional trust to pull the wool over their clients' eyes to steer them into bad loans ... bank-wide management aware of the practices ... now paying a $175 million dollar fine:

Wells Fargo to pay $175 million to settle lending bias allegations - latimes.com

Old 07-12-2012, 09:34 PM

1,514 posts, read 2,264,094 times
i'd like to know what they mean by despite federal and state efforts. i saw the new law passed that said they cannot foreclose while simultaneously negotiating a refinance. would love to see that here in oregon. but in my neck of the woods we seem to be holding our own in the foreclosure arena (meaning lots of them everywhere).

Old 07-12-2012, 11:10 PM

2,311 posts, read 2,891,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nullgeo View Post
Here's a related story ... unscrupulous hooligan lenders at Wells Fargo Bank in this case ... caught preying on the lower income and minorities in So. California ... well educated in their business opportunities and responsibilities ... already wealthy as hell ... using their position of professional trust to pull the wool over their clients' eyes to steer them into bad loans ... bank-wide management aware of the practices ... now paying a $175 million dollar fine:

Wells Fargo to pay $175 million to settle lending bias allegations - latimes.com
Only a fool can be fooled. Foolery has a hefty price in life.

Old 07-12-2012, 11:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeahthatguy View Post
Only a fool can be fooled. Foolery has a hefty price in life.
Really?
If you had a medical concern and went to your doctor and he told you to take a prescription he would write ... would you go have it filled? Especially if it was for something common going around and in the news ... and the news reported that doctors were prescribing the same pill?

Foolery has a hefty price ... and so does arrogance toward your fellow man and nature.

Old 07-13-2012, 10:07 AM

47,573 posts, read 60,701,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nullgeo View Post
Really?
If you had a medical concern and went to your doctor and he told you to take a prescription he would write ... would you go have it filled? Especially if it was for something common going around and in the news ... and the news reported that doctors were prescribing the same pill?

Foolery has a hefty price ... and so does arrogance toward your fellow man and nature.
I wouldn't. I'd research myself about my medical concern and figure out if I even needed a pill and I'd check out the PDR to see what the pill was all about -- and then I'd probably for sure not get the prescription filled.

No one forces anyone to sign for a mortgage that they cannot afford. If a deal sounds too good to be true, most likely it was.

Old 07-13-2012, 10:15 AM

1,271 posts, read 2,164,782 times
Not to worry, Florida is not far behind.

Florida foreclosures rise in first half of 2012 | The Florida Current

Old 07-13-2012, 10:41 AM

1,514 posts, read 2,264,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
No one forces anyone to sign for a mortgage that they cannot afford. If a deal sounds too good to be true, most likely it was.
i could pick 10 people near me here that have been foreclosed. and not one of them ended up there because they bought a house they couldn't afford.

Old 07-13-2012, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
I wouldn't. I'd research myself about my medical concern and figure out if I even needed a pill and I'd check out the PDR to see what the pill was all about -- and then I'd probably for sure not get the prescription filled.

Oh? Like you "research" all those false claims you rant about here on CD ... about illegals coming here to have anchor babies, and the huge welfare community that lives high on the hog on your welfare dollars? (Except that none of your claims are true ... have been proven false ... and you continue to spew them). Like that kind of in-depth research? Sure you would.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5thgenSF View Post
i could pick 10 people near me here that have been foreclosed. and not one of them ended up there because they bought a house they couldn't afford.
You noticed
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or