Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2007, 02:34 PM

11 posts, read 159,293 times

Advertisements

Hello everybody!

It's been a while that I was here but now I'm back and so happy with all the responses.
Thanks for all the great info!!!!!
I will read them all and if I have more questions I will let you know.

I'm also trying to make a website about our travelplans for a year but because I'm a total beginner that will probably take some time

greetings from Belgium
Daisy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2008, 06:21 PM

43 posts, read 142,474 times
Default northern cali

I a not a big fan of california, but have been up north, and you are correct, some of the most beautiful stuff! if you like the sequoias, youll LOVE it in the giant red woods, avenue of the giants, way in northern cali/or border. the rivers, the trees, the coast, far northern cali is wonderful. so if your visiting, or touring, that is the most beautiful place here! maybe anywhere, ive yet to go everywhere!

Old 08-31-2009, 12:45 PM

1 posts, read 1,801 times
Miss Belgium: I live in Minneapolis, Minnesota. I see people are commenting on California; I have never been there. So, I will comment on the states I know. First, I was born and raised in western Pennsylvania near Pittsburgh, PA. Pennsylvania is a beautiful mountainous state. The two largest cities are Philadelphia and Pittsburgh. I was raised in a small town in Pennsylvania so I like the small towns of Pennsylvania. I now live in Minneapolis, Minnesota -- what a beautiful state -- land of 10,000 lakes, everywhere there is a lake, the largest lake is up north, Lake Superior, one of the great lakes. I have lived here a long time and find the city of Minneapolis (which is the largest) to be a very safe city; although it does have a couple areas to avoid. The Mall of America is right near Minneapolis and the largest mall in USA. There are lots of places to stay, hotels, motels, bed and breakfast and youth hostiles (just google for the youth hostiles in Minneapolis area). I am sure you will love this state and come here in the spring/summer as winters can be very cold. We had a very mild summer this year (which I love), today it is in 60s F and a lovely sunny day. You will find that this state started with many immigrants, Irish, German, Norweigian, Sweedish and on and on.

Old 08-31-2009, 02:11 PM

2,437 posts, read 8,180,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by missbelgium View Post
what is it like to live in california????
smoky

Old 08-31-2009, 10:30 PM

1,664 posts, read 3,955,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by missBelgium View Post
hello everybody,

Me and my husband are planning a trip to the US.
So what, I hear you probably think
It will be a special trip for us because we are planning to take a year off and go visit all 50 states. (Our aim is to do this in 2010/2011 because we need this much time to collect and save the needed money)
And we would like to see and feel and hear how it really is in America.
Here in Europe (we live in Belgium) we hear and see all kind of things trough the media concerning the Americans but we realize that this is probably not always correct. Because we are openminded (and also curious) we want to check it out for ourself.

Can you give us tips and info on how to really get a realistic view on the californian way of life?

Thanks
I am curious, what does the media say about our proclivities here in Cali?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California