Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2012, 05:31 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,692,234 times

Advertisements

Yeah lets give these Liberals in Sacramento more money in taxes to screw around with in November.

Up To $2.3 Billion In California Public Funds Was Hiding In Plain Site - Business Insider

Quote:
A week after uncovering a hidden-funds scandal at the state parks department, finance officials are now trying to piece together why the balance sheets for similar "special funds" are off by $2.3 billion -- money that appeared to be right under their noses amid California's financial meltdown

Read more: Up To $2.3 Billion In California Public Funds Was Hiding In Plain Site - Business Insider

Last edited by NewToCA; 07-28-2012 at 04:10 PM.. Reason: let's not offend the mentally handicapped folks, please
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2012, 05:44 PM

Location: Central Bay Area, CA as of Jan 2010...but still a proud Texan from Houston!
7,484 posts, read 10,446,309 times
Another reason to vote HELL NO to increased taxes!

I could not get to the story from that link.

http://calcoastnews.com/2012/07/cali...n-2-3-billion/.

Nice job!

Voters WAKE UP!!!!

Old 07-27-2012, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVC15 View Post
Another reason to vote HELL NO to increased taxes!

I could not get to the story from that link.

California departments hoarding more than $2.3 billion.

Nice job!

Voters WAKE UP!!!!

HELL NO, READ MY LIPS...!!

You missed the little link to go past the ad. Or just wait ten seconds. Just checked it again seems fine.

Old 07-27-2012, 06:16 PM

Location: Central Bay Area, CA as of Jan 2010...but still a proud Texan from Houston!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
HELL NO, READ MY LIPS...!!

You missed the little link to go past the ad. Or just wait ten seconds. Just checked it again seems fine.
I was too impatient! Went out and found my own link!

What I meant by nice job was a sarcastic jab at how this state government operates.

That's right HELL NO and Don't ask me AGAIN!!!!!

Old 07-27-2012, 06:25 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,471,872 times
How about "Hell no!" to consistently re-electing the same legislators and/or their wives, parents cousins, brothers, sisters, in-laws and outlaws?

Voting in the same lames over and over again is a sure sign of mental illness if you really expect dsifferent results.

I mean, you even have an out-moded retread as Governoer.

Old 07-27-2012, 08:03 PM

Can you imagine how much waste and mismanagement (as I observed as soon as I moved here) of the disability and welfare money is occurring? I hope this is the unleashing of Pandora’s Box about the CA government. If this type of over sight has occurred just in these areas can you just imagine what else they will find or cover up? Then plead their case for more taxes!

Old 07-27-2012, 11:30 PM

7,242 posts, read 7,905,875 times
A lot of these are supposedly things like the Crime Victims Restitution Fund which is money set aside to help victims of crime recover some of their lost assets or pay medical bills associated with crime. Sure, we can raid funds like that once but then they're gone and the worthy causes the money was put away for will be completely without money. Honestly, this reminds me of politicians raiding the Social Security Trust fund for one time money grabs.

Sorry, but this isn't the way to fund our structural budget problem. Then there is this:

Quote:
"That does not necessarily translate into hidden funds," said Department of Finance spokesman H.D. Palmer. "In many cases, there will very likely be legitimate accounting reasons for the difference in those funds."
For instance, a chunk of funding promised in December but delivered in July would be counted in separate years by the controller's office and finance department.

So really a lot of this isn't actually extra money and instead it's just how it is being accounted for (authorized in one fiscal year but spent in a different fiscal year). Seriously, some people see a conspiracy under every rock.

Old 07-27-2012, 11:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Think4Yourself View Post
A lot of these are supposedly things like the Crime Victims Restitution Fund which is money set aside to help victims of crime recover some of their lost assets or pay medical bills associated with crime. Sure, we can raid funds like that once but then they're gone and the worthy causes the money was put away for will be completely without money. Honestly, this reminds me of politicians raiding the Social Security Trust fund for one time money grabs.

Sorry, but this isn't the way to fund our structural budget problem. Then there is this:

So really a lot of this isn't actually extra money and instead it's just how it is being accounted for (authorized in one fiscal year but spent in a different fiscal year). Seriously, some people see a conspiracy under every rock.
Some people do but in this case it is not a conspiracy it is about complete incompetence. All you need to do is look at the economic situation in CA to realize that this state has been run incompetently for a long long time. That is fact not conspiracy. CA government is one of the most inefficient out there…inefficiency costs money.

Old 07-28-2012, 02:27 AM

1,637 posts, read 1,909,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
Yeah lets give these *******s in Sacramento more money in taxes to screw around with in November.

Up To $2.3 Billion In California Public Funds Was Hiding In Plain Site - Business Insider
I do not blame the CA executive branch nor the CA legislators in this. A bureaucrat is going to do what a bureaucrat is going to do. I directly blame all the California voters who keep voting in the same people who enable and perpetuate this mess.

Old 07-28-2012, 05:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
How about "Hell no!" to consistently re-electing the same legislators and/or their wives, parents cousins, brothers, sisters, in-laws and outlaws?

Voting in the same lames over and over again is a sure sign of mental illness if you really expect dsifferent results.

I mean, you even have an out-moded retread as Governoer.
You voted him in the first time so what are you griping about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California