Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2012, 08:10 PM

8,214 posts, read 16,697,627 times

Advertisements

This speaks more to the people who choose to participate on this forum and much less to the state itself. Its like the evening news focused on the bad happening. Other states forums on CD don't attract as many whiners and bottom feeders. However more posters here simply enjoy clinging to bad news and love to pump their chests and declare how California is going to hell in a handbasket, blah, blah, blah. Epiphanies such as these are really nothing new, special or startling. Ppl have been predicting doomsday for CA for decades. Its falling into the ocean, off a cliff, etc... I used to try and direct such individuals to the good side of the state and encourage these folks to get outside and enjoy the beauty of California. However once someone has made up their mind they're miserable, wherever the live, there is really very little which will change that, especially on an interent forum such as this. They would much rather argue about how "bad it really is" for them especially and supposedly for eveyone else as well, or so they imagine. That discussion is completely pointless. Now if I know someone personally and can discuss these things with them in person it can be a different story. But on here it is simply a waste of time. This is merely their chance to vent, dump and focus and their glass half full. So if someone comes here with a legimate question I try to help them. Otherwise I'm not interested in pointless debates anymore especially with these self-proclaimed geniuses. One of which departed recently I was happy to see. There will always be trolls.

Derek

Last edited by MtnSurfer; 08-04-2012 at 08:44 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2012, 08:13 PM

6,390 posts, read 9,683,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MtnSurfer View Post
This speaks more to the people who chose to participate on this forum and much less to the state itself. Its like the evening news especially here. Other states forums on CD don't attract as many whiners and bottom feeders. However more CA CD poster simply enjoy clinging to bad news and love to pump their chests and declare how California is going to hell in a handbasket, blah, blah, blah. Epiphanies such as these are really nothing new, special or startling. Ppl have been predicting doomsday for CA this for decades. Its falling into the ocean, off a cliff, etc... I used to try and direct such individuals to the good side of California and encourage these folks to get outside and enjoy the beauty of the state. However once someone has made up their mind they're miserable, wherever the live, there is really very little which will change their mind, especially on an interent forum such as this. They would much rather argue how about how "bad it really is." That discussion really is a complete waste of time a that point. Now if I know someone personally and can discuss these things with them in person it can be a different story. But on here it is simply pointless. This is merely their chance to vent and focus and their glass half full. So if someone comes here a legimate question I try to help them. Otherwise I'm not interested in pointless debates anymore even with the self-proclaimed geniuses. One of which departed recently I was happy to see.

Derek
Excellent post. I think the majority of the complainers are not doing well economically, and that accounts for their grumpiness.

Old 08-04-2012, 08:43 PM

1,331 posts, read 2,334,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MtnSurfer View Post
This speaks more to the people who chose to participate on this forum and much less to the state itself. Its like the evening news focused on the bad happening. Other states forums on CD don't attract as many whiners and bottom feeders. However more posters here simply enjoy clinging to bad news and love to pump their chests and declare how California is going to hell in a handbasket, blah, blah, blah. Epiphanies such as these are really nothing new, special or startling. Ppl have been predicting doomsday for CA for decades. Its falling into the ocean, off a cliff, etc... I used to try and direct such individuals to the good side of the state and encourage these folks to get outside and enjoy the beauty of California. However once someone has made up their mind they're miserable, wherever the live, there is really very little which will change that, especially on an interent forum such as this. They would much rather argue about how "bad it really is" for them especially and supposedly for eveyone else as well, or so they imagine. That discussion is completely pointless. Now if I know someone personally and can discuss these things with them in person it can be a different story. But on here it is simply a waste of time. This is merely their chance to vent, dump and focus and their glass half full. So if someone comes here with a legimate question I try to help them. Otherwise I'm not interested in pointless debates anymore especially with these self-proclaimed geniuses. One of which departed recently I was happy to see. There will always be trolls.

Derek
Excellent post. I try myself to stay out of the negative threads but I love my state and have to stick up for it when people try to put it down. Sure it has problems, but honestly what state doesn't?

Old 08-04-2012, 08:46 PM

21,873 posts, read 25,139,139 times
Could you point me to the "Rude Worst" headline? I'd like to see that one.

Old 08-04-2012, 08:57 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,475,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloric View Post
Could you point me to the "Rude Worst" headline? I'd like to see that one.
Oh my. I missed a comma. Weak remark, Malloric! Very weak. Almost as pathetic and impotent as the constant drum beat about conservatives never doing anything good. Nothing original or new under the sun. Y'all have a nice evening now.

Old 08-04-2012, 09:03 PM

6,390 posts, read 9,683,178 times
Quote:
Almost as pathetic and impotent as the constant drum beat about conservatives never doing anything good. Nothing original or new under the sun.
I find it humorous, the conservatives *itch moan and whine, but they never answer the question. I, like Socrates continue to seek an answer.
There is an answer, "not a darned thing" But I am interested in their answer, before I shoot it full of holes
One would think they could think of something... I can't, but perhaps one of "them" could give it a shot.

Old 08-04-2012, 09:12 PM

1,790 posts, read 2,926,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .highnlite View Post
I think you got confused, the topic is not girdles.

But, while I have you here, could you possibly tell us anything conservatives have ever done for this state or this nation? You can start at the beginning.
lmao

Old 08-04-2012, 09:23 PM

16,806 posts, read 39,942,396 times
After I retired I wanted to try someplace new, so I moved to N. Idaho. It wasn't a good fit, and I'll leave it at that. Rather than get online and complain to Idahoans about Idaho, or post dramatic things about why I didn't like it there, here's what I did: I moved to Spokane. Problem solved, and with no drama.

I dare ANYONE to find a negative post from me here at the C-D Idaho forum. G'head... look.

Old 08-04-2012, 09:41 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,475,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .highnlite View Post
I find it humorous, the conservatives *itch moan and whine, but they never answer the question. I, like Socrates continue to seek an answer.
There is an answer, "not a darned thing" But I am interested in their answer, before I shoot it full of holes
One would think they could think of something... I can't, but perhaps one of "them" could give it a shot.
"I'm Enery the 8th I am. Enery the 8th I am, I am. Second verse same as the first."

A thinking person would surmise that you are so set in you mind, and a legend therein, that no response is necessary nor truly asked for. Your bias is palpable.

You do know that a mind is a terrible thing to waste, don't you? Why, it might cause one to become woefully repetitious and therefore, irrelevant.

Old 08-04-2012, 09:50 PM

34,254 posts, read 20,536,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
"I'm Enery the 8th I am. Enery the 8th I am, I am. Second verse same as the first."

A thinking person would surmise that you are so set in you mind, and a legend therein, that no response is necessary nor truly asked for. Your bias is palpable.

You do know that a mind is a terrible thing to waste, don't you? Why, it might cause one to become woefully repetitious and therefore, irrelevant.
Very cool post. POTUS is simply something tangible they can blame... For both sides.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California