Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-18-2012, 08:51 AM

2 posts, read 1,840 times

Advertisements

Looking for advice for possible relocation to SF bay area from east coast. My daughter's father and her school-aged siblings (different mom) live in SF. After years of my daughter flying across country to visit, everyone wants us to live there. The scenario is for my daughter to attend private high school in SF next fall near where her father lives in the Duboce Triangle neighborhood. I've read on the Berkeley Parent network that parents commute kids and carpool into SF for schools from the east bay, but I don't know SF at all, having only visited a couple times (plus a couple weeks in palo alto). I could use advice on where in surrounding areas we might commute in on public transit.

The good thing is my daughter will have family and a place in the city. I will be looking for a job at a hospital or in the medical admin field. Rental budget is $1800. The other suggestion is to look at Sacramento which is more my budget, but I kind of feel if we're moving somewhere we don't know anyone, I'd rather find a way to live where my daughter has family and can attend school with siblings. We're also applying to other private schools in CA, so plan B could be living somewhere else in CA, but still closer than a flight to visit. (Also posting in SF forum.) Any and all ideas welcome!

Last edited by brambler; 08-18-2012 at 10:11 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California