Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2012, 10:01 PM

7,150 posts, read 10,854,602 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVC15 View Post
Really...recall this? Your statement is a Big Fat Lie for sure!
Yes. I recall. There is no lie. Read what I wrote again:
Quote:
Originally Posted by nullgeo View Post
... And you criticize "greed" in others but you want to keep more for yourself and you disdain people "living off the government's money". Got it.
You have criticized "greed" in others ... and you DO want to keep more for yourself and you DO disdain people living off the government. Here are those very words from you"
Quote:
And yes I want to keep what I make and not have to see my taxes increase!

I earned it and yes I want to keep it. No one gave it to me nor did I cheat steal or lie to get it. I know you live off of the governments' money and it is difficult for you to grasp why anyone would want to keep their own hard earned money so they can take care of themselves and their family.
Quote:
Show me where I expressed disdain for you living off of the government...be my guest
OK ... same quote, your words exactly:
Quote:
I earned it and yes I want to keep it. No one gave it to me nor did I cheat steal or lie to get it. I know you live off of the governments' money and it is difficult for you to grasp why anyone would want to keep their own hard earned money so they can take care of themselves and their family.
Quote:
Show me where I said that you cheated and lied. I can't read behind the screen as you think you can...so I have no idea if you cheated and lied to live off of the government. I don't make assumptions
Well, again your reading comprehension is poor. I never accused you of saying I cheated and lied ... I asked you if you thought I did .. and it was a rhetorical question.

As for assumptions, you make them constantly -- post after post. This is where you first became upset with me months ago ... I called you on assumptions you were making about welfare recipients -- which I proved wrong -- and you flipped out ... as you are doing again now.
Quote:
Really? Yes I know that I look very young but I have been there and done that and am in my late 40's
Well here you get a mea culpa from me ... you see, the way you write lacks maturity, and your fawning over the youngster ytg, calling that 27-year-old "Oh wise one" in posts and such did lead me to think you were as young as he is. I did indeed jump to a guess that you were hoping to date the fellow with comments like that on a public forum.
Quote:
Very ignorant assumption and very wrong again.
Oh? You served in the military? Do tell!

Old 08-21-2012, 10:04 PM

Location: Central Bay Area, CA as of Jan 2010...but still a proud Texan from Houston!
7,484 posts, read 10,415,891 times
Quote:
Yes. I recall. There is no lie. Read what I wrote again:

You have criticized "greed" in others ... and you DO want to keep more for yourself and you DO disdain people living off the government. Here are those very words from you"

OK ... same quote, your words exactly:

Well, again your reading comprehension is poor. I never accused you of saying I cheated and lied ... I asked you if you thought I did .. and it was a rhetorical question.

As for assumptions, you make them constantly -- post after post. This is where you first became upset with me months ago ... I called you on assumptions you were making about welfare recipients -- which I proved wrong -- and you flipped out ... as you are doing again now.

Well here you get a mea culpa from me ... you see, the way you write lacks maturity, and your fawning over the youngster ytg, calling that 27-year-old "Oh wise one" in posts and such did lead me to think you were as young as he is. I did indeed jump to a guess that you were hoping to date the fellow with comments like that on a public forum.
Oh? You served in the military? Do tell!
Take your meds!

Again it is my money and I already pay my fair share of taxes. What is wrong with this? Why are you worried about my money and what I want to do with it? Get a freaking life and worry about your money. I don't care what you do with or how you want to save your money so why do you care about my money and what I want to do with it?

It is none of your business what I make and how I choose to spend my money that is left after paying my taxes. Get it!

Old 08-21-2012, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Take your meds!

Again it is my money and I already pay my fair share of taxes. What is wrong with this? Why are you worried about my money and what I want to do with it? Get a freaking life and worry about your money. I don't care what you do with or how you want to save your money so why do you care about my money and what I want to do with it?

It is none of your business what I make and how I choose to spend my money that is left after paying my taxes. Get it!
Speaking of meds, you sound very upset.
Personally, I do not take any kinds of medications. But I recognize that some people really do seem to need them when they get wound up.

Old 08-21-2012, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Take your meds!

I don't recall ever saying that should you pay more taxes. And I am not a bit worried about your money.
As for it being none of my business what you make -- well hey, you are the one who announced to the forum that you earn $125,000 a year. I never asked you to reveal that.

Worry about my money? Why would I do that? No need to worry.

Old 08-21-2012, 10:35 PM

Location: Central Bay Area, CA as of Jan 2010...but still a proud Texan from Houston!
7,484 posts, read 10,415,891 times
Quote:
Speaking of meds, you sound very upset.
Personally, I do not take any kinds of medications. But I recognize that some people really do seem to need them when they get wound up.
Well than that explains it all

You are not very good with your assumptions...but oh well I suppose you need some way to keep yourself entertained

Old 08-22-2012, 08:08 AM

1,981 posts, read 3,140,598 times

Last edited by TrueTimbers; 08-22-2012 at 08:42 AM..

Old 08-23-2012, 06:31 AM

1,981 posts, read 3,140,598 times
Quote:
Come on the free gas was a JOKE!

On and and on about TX you want to go. TX is not known for tons of natural beauty but TX is very beautiful in many areas. Texans are very friendly. TX is not perfect but it is not falling apart like CA.
I personally would rather fall apart economically, than ecologically... Fiat currency is funny money, environmental damage is not 100% reversible..
I like how you claim you are for govt. to protect us from greedy corporate world raping our environment. Psst I will let you in on a not so little secret...they are in it together. They just pretend that they are protecting us...but they are in on it as well. Why not rent the Inside Job and take a look into this greedy corrupt relationship.

Maybe you should educate yourself on how closely our government and the greedy corporate world are tied at the pockets together.
Don't be condescending to me, and I won't be too you.. OK? Yes, I know, but still, I do not buy less government argument, I vote for policy that protects the people, and environment. More regulation of corporations. Taxes are a tool to regulate outcome, that is it.. To me it is BS this deregulation stuff, greed just increases profits.. The income disparity in this country speaks for itself.

Dead zones are a global thing that is not unique to TX. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dead_zone_(ecology)
Yes but the one in the gulf is a big one!... Instead of tax free shopping days, why not use that money to clean up the environment... The difference of mindset between Texas and California yes...

You can thank human consumption and activity for this. If you really want to blame something for the environmental destruction on this planet just look at your fellow man including yourself. Don't put that blame solely on TX.
Of course not but Texas is a shining example of a mindset, and a policy in action.... 1/2 the nation does not want to be like Texas.... Raise taxes on fossil fuels, compensate people who have their wells destroyed by fracking... Let the real cost of fossil fuels be known... Heck our entire military is one giant, subsidy program for the oil companies..

And while you are at it thank the industrial revolution for it.

Do you use gas?
Do you use oil?
Do you drive?
Do you like trains planes and automobiles?
Do you have electronics?

I could go on and on but the environment damage is due to humans not TX.
Yes, but what policy do you vote for? Choose the $ over environment? I have solar panels, use bio diesel when I can, heat with wood... I support green energy initiatives, willing to sacrifice some $ to develop better technology..

It is about those whales, the canary in the coal mine... Our well being in mind...

Old 08-23-2012, 04:18 PM

14,044 posts, read 27,145,312 times
Y'all discussing everything but the original posting, so the thread is now closed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California