Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2012, 01:56 PM

4,254 posts, read 5,606,632 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
Yawn. That's not teaching, that's indoctrination and that's not why we send our children to school.
For some people, indoctrination = teaching uncomfortable truths. If you and other parents are not teaching your children the truth about abstinence before marriage, which seems likely, then someone else needs to do it for you. Naturally, that job falls to the schools. When parents start doing their jobs again maybe the schools won't have to.

Old 08-24-2012, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Dan View Post
You left out 1 very big adjective------UNREALISTIC!
Spoken like a man who has never tried thinking above the waist.

Old 08-24-2012, 02:34 PM

6,390 posts, read 9,683,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WesternPilgrim View Post
Spoken like a man who believes in fairy tales. Your "truth" is just what you believe, with no foundation in fact.

You have applied morality to sex. There are cultures in the world, like the Japanese, for whom, there is no more morality to sex or not sex than there is to cutting ones fingernails. If you want to have a parochial outlook, that is fine, this is America, you have the freedom to do so. But, to think your "truth" extends beyond you, is wrong, and as soon as your 'truth" violates my or any other Americans rights, your "truth" done be wrong.

Old 08-24-2012, 03:26 PM

7,150 posts, read 10,898,467 times
Quote:
Boy, if we're going to talk about people who are stuck thinking below the waist, I got a nominee ...

Old 08-24-2012, 03:40 PM

7,242 posts, read 7,906,557 times
Abstinence only simply isn't sex ed and as a parent I would sue the district as well claiming they were not fulfilling California state guidelines.

Old 08-24-2012, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Think4Yourself View Post
Abstinence only simply isn't sex ed and as a parent I would sue the district as well claiming they were not fulfilling California state guidelines.
Sex ed can certainly be taught within an abstinence-only paradigm. Where in CA state guidelines is this forbidden?

Old 08-24-2012, 05:49 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,701,448 times
Quote:
Sex ed can certainly be taught within an abstinence-only paradigm. Where in CA state guidelines is this forbidden?
It isnt and it infuriates the *******s. LOL

What infuriates them even more is that abortions from unwanted pregnancies and STD's have steadily increased even with the Sex Ed push over the last 50 years.

Like gun control.

Old 08-24-2012, 06:06 PM

1,981 posts, read 3,151,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloric View Post
Grammatically incorrect, but well said. I have no idea how you reach the second part about imaginary friends considering what Clovis is doing is the exact opposite of the first part. I can only surmise by "teaching children the truth..." you mean indoctrinating by doing the exact opposite. Can we just get back to actual education rather than this drivel? Given that foreign countries out educate us in our own language, I think we have greater concerns.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
Yawn. That's not teaching, that's indoctrination and that's not why we send our children to school.

Here's a thought, why not focus our energies on mathematics, reading and science and leave the business of teaching morality to parents at home?

We are bogged down in BS and that's why our students suck compared to those from podunk countries like Singapore and South Korea--because our priorities are totally screwed up when it comes to education.

Everyone wants to teach their personal beliefs as FACT while ignoring the real issues, like skills and disciplines that will actually make them productive adults.

When they actually finish their schooling and look for a job, nobody cares who they slept with or how they slept with them, only what they know pertaining to the job.

#tiredoftheuselessfluffinschools

Reps to both of you.... Here we are having a war of morality, a war against public education the advent of home schooling, charter schools on and on...

Divided we will fall.... And falling we are....!

Old 08-24-2012, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueTimbers View Post

Reps to both of you.... Here we are having a war of morality, a war against public education the advent of home schooling, charter schools on and on...

Divided we will fall.... And falling we are....!
It's not our fault the barbarians want to expel moral truth from education. Sorry if we don't just roll over so you can teach our children "if it feels good do it". Undoubtedly you're shocked, SHOCKED, that you don't get passive compliance for your social experiments on children.

Old 08-24-2012, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
I think that would work great if parents and relatives actually taught their kids about sex. The vast majority don't, if I judge by the stupid rumors my brothers friends believe. Did you know a woman can't get pregnant if she doesn't swallow? Says the guy who knocked up his 16 year old girlfriend and wonders how it happened. My brother is only 19 but has had to explain sex to many of his idiot friends.
I don't believe that for a second. Do your brother's friends live in a cave? Sex ed has been in California schools since forever. Were they sleeping in class? Not that it matters - where babies come from has been all over pop culture for decades as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Parents think it's 'icky' and don't want to think of their children as 'sexual' so they simply pretend it doesn't exist. Not a good practice if you want to prevent pregnancy and the spread of STDs.
Honestly, your stereotypes are hopelessly cliche and outdated. Children today are immersed in a hyper-sexualized culture practically from toddlerhood. Parents bring it into their homes, and in fact they would need to work pretty hard to keep it out.

Sex education itself isn't rocket science and can be taught in a matter of hours. But it's not a complete education unless children are taught what sexuality is for and the harm that results from its abuse.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California