Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2012, 11:19 AM

16 posts, read 30,267 times

Advertisements

I love California. Born and raised. I joined the Military and went to a different state for 3.2 years. The whole time I was missing this place. California has everything. From Old buildings to new ones, from amusement parks to national/state parks, we have beaches, we have giant cities, we have WIDE open lands (in some parts), we have all kinds of nationalities in this state and we have some of the most world-wide known police force. Over and above all, it's just an amazing state.

I've just become so drowned by sadness with what has become of this great state. We're in a spiraling downfall of bankruptcy and I don't know WHEN we'll get out of it. I had to go on Unemployment Benefits when I was medically discharged and my last civilian job, I had to leave due to medical issues from the military. Unemployment is amazing. I helped me out when I had NO money and I was going through issues because of it. Some people have trouble with it and that's reasonable, there are A LOT of people in this state on it. And because there's so many people on Unemployment, California is losing too much money.

I will soon be off Unemployment (VA benefits and a paid internship). And I can't wait. I think some of the reasons we're so far down is because we have such stupid laws in this state. We allow illegal immigrants into the State to get free education from colleges.....why? You know how much money we're going to have to spend on this? Don't get me wrong, I understand the hardships over there. Mexico and some of these other countries are also in some nasty self-wars. But California shouldn't allow this to happen. I think it would be better if you allow them in to study, but make them have to PAY for it like everyone else. Also they don't think before wanting to spend a lot of money on something. Ever hear of that high speed train they wanted to build from one side of Cali to the next? What was it, $6 billion to build? How many people do you think uses the train now? Not enough to pay off that debt in 10 years I can guarantee that.

I can go on with what useless things California spends money on, but I'm just sad with what it has become. California, I will always love you. Until you can get your head on straight, stop useless spending, secure our borders, and just once and for all legalize marijuana and put a hefty tax on it (I don't smoke), I don't think we'll ever see California start to rise from it's debt.

Old 09-02-2012, 11:46 AM

16,806 posts, read 39,938,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by germanhalo View Post
I don't think we'll ever see California start to rise from it's debt.
I'm told there was doom and gloom similar to this during the depths of the Great Depression, except on a national scale.

Everyone thinks their times of trouble are the worst ever experienced.

Old 09-02-2012, 11:51 AM

6,390 posts, read 9,682,084 times
Quote:
We allow illegal immigrants into the State to get free education from colleges.....why?
No that is not accurate, but, even if it were, what is the downside? Educate people, they get good jobs, they don't sell drugs and stab people, and they pay more in taxes.

It would be a great and wonderful idea to give every person in America a free college education. We might have far fewer Republicans.

Old 09-02-2012, 11:53 AM

5,888 posts, read 13,005,312 times
Oh well. Another angry libertarian leaving..... I'll get over it

Old 09-02-2012, 12:05 PM

3,980 posts, read 8,987,173 times
Oh boo hoo. If you're having a hard time in life it really doesn't have that much to do with politics. Legalizing marijuana, illegal immigrants, "stupid" laws, high speed rail, allowing immigrants to go to college...they really have nothing to do with your unhappiness and blaming a state is kinda silly. Beign unemployed, being sick or disabled, getting a divorce, struggling to pay the bills sucks no matter the state.

There are plenty of people that are unhappy with their lives Arkansas, New Jersey, Rhode Island, Texas. Move if you're unhappy, but California has nothing to do with it.

Old 09-02-2012, 12:50 PM

Location: Central Bay Area, CA as of Jan 2010...but still a proud Texan from Houston!
7,484 posts, read 10,446,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clongirl View Post
Oh boo hoo. If you're having a hard time in life it really doesn't have that much to do with politics.
Really? You just wait and see

Wall Street

Old 09-02-2012, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fontucky View Post
Everyone thinks their times of trouble are the worst ever experienced.
Actually never said it was the worst we've ever encountered. You're trying to put words in my mouth to make me sound like I don't know what I'm talking about. I simply stated some of the issues that California is going through and my thoughts on it. If you don't like it, kindly bugger off.

Quote:
Oh well. Another angry libertarian leaving..... I'll get over it
Libertarian? Jesus, you are a mess aren't you? Thank god you're going to get over it. I was worried about you for a second! And fyi, I'm not leaving for good, I'm leaving for a couple months for an internship. I'll be back to read the stupid comments on these forums once again.

Quote:
Oh boo hoo. If you're having a hard time in life it really doesn't have that much to do with politics. Legalizing marijuana, illegal immigrants, "stupid" laws, high speed rail, allowing immigrants to go to college...they really have nothing to do with your unhappiness and blaming a state is kinda silly. Beign unemployed, being sick or disabled, getting a divorce, struggling to pay the bills sucks no matter the state.

There are plenty of people that are unhappy with their lives Arkansas, New Jersey, Rhode Island, Texas. Move if you're unhappy, but California has nothing to do with it.
Really? Politics usually are the reasons for hardships. Not all of them but they cause a lot of issues with the state/country. If you cause problems with the state/country, then you know that a lot of people are going to be feeling pain in some way, shape or form. And I'm not UNHAPPY. I am quite happy to be frank. I was talking about the state in which California is in, is sad. You really didn't understand a single thing that I typed out, so instead of trying to sound like you know something, please, think before you type it out. Even re-read what I typed before responding, because you didn't understand something as simple as what I put.

Quote:
No that is not accurate, but, even if it were, what is the downside? Educate people, they get good jobs, they don't sell drugs and stab people, and they pay more in taxes.

It would be a great and wonderful idea to give every person in America a free college education. We might have far fewer Republicans.
Oops, you're right. Giving them financial aid is what California is doing. As if that's better. I'm all for education. But to come into a state that is financial broke, to come into a state ILLEGALLY, and pretty much receive money from them to go to college, seems like the immigration laws for California is useless. Try doing this in any other country. I doubt you can.

Old 09-02-2012, 02:03 PM

16,806 posts, read 39,938,866 times
Someone's touchy. Time for a Midol, dearie?

Old 09-02-2012, 02:08 PM

7,150 posts, read 10,896,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by germanhalo View Post
...Giving them financial aid is what California is doing. As if that's better. I'm all for education. But to come into a state that is financial broke, to come into a state ILLEGALLY, and pretty much receive money from them to go to college, seems like the immigration laws for California is useless. Try doing this in any other country. I doubt you can.
No doubt this is why the rest of the world is in so much better shape than America ... right? Just look at how well places like Ethiopia, New Guinea, Paraguay, and Surinam are doing, just to name a few ...

Old 09-02-2012, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fontucky View Post
Someone's touchy. Time for a Midol, dearie?
Just responding to some ignorance, hunny. Don't worry. I have it handled.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California