Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2012, 06:49 AM

2,196 posts, read 1,994,334 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotleyCrew View Post
I think it shows a failed liberal state in continued decline and the people are still basically clueless as to why. I was born and raised in CA and saw it in its glory. The streets pristine, the beaches unpoluted and no trash up and down the hwy's. Homeless were not pets back then. So tell me how a liberally controlled state can have such decay in the cities, such filth on the streets and so much polution on the beach? So much to ponder. Blame Bush all you want but the fact is you are powerless to come up with any real solution.
MotleyCrew !!! ... Three Thumbs Up For You !

Indeed ... The CA Liberal "Loons" should be most proud of their horrendous work !!!

I well remember the magnificent CA of the 1960's ! ............ What a pathetic mess it is today !

MotleyCrew is well within the mark ................ Epic fail ! ................ The people of CA deserve so much better !!!

What will become of CA is anyones guess ! ......................................... Cheers ... Old Sgt. Lamar says so !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2012, 09:45 AM

7,150 posts, read 10,897,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRG Dallas View Post
... For the record, I loved California as a kid growing up in the Midwest, and into the next decades. It was the Greatest Place on Earth. All of us thought the same and wished we lived out there. It's for that reason is why we hate seeing what's happening , in spite of all its natural beauty, weather, resources. The fact that out-of-staters post on this board doesn't give us a badge of inferiority or disqualification. If California didn't matter we wouldn't be here in the first place. ...
How gracious and uplifting of you ... strangely perhaps, I don't find anything about any of your posts on this thread to demonstrate the slightest concern for California. Perhaps I am misinterpreting your deep reverence and concern and desire for healing -- confusing such with sophomoric taunting when I read:
Quote:
HAHAHAHA... I wondered what the rationalizations would be, given the discussions we had on this forum a couple of months back. Reality bites, doesn't it? I guess some of you still think denial is that river in
Eqypt. Maybe Moonbeam, Kammala or Pretty Boy Newsome have the solutions ROFL . The former Great State of California, a mere pittance of its former self. That truly is a shame.
Quote:
LOl, you're killing me.
... Still outperforming every other state? In what, exodus of the professional class/business? Welfare ATM card manufacturing? Bullet train construction? Oh and your "ridiculing 'leadership'" "Leadership"? Laughable. With "leadership" like that, who needs the wrecking ball. Just keep on drinking that Kool-Aid.
Now then, you close your last exhortation for healing with:
Quote:
... This is a discussion board, and while we can disagree on Cal's status, results, solutions, and the politics "this land is your land, this land is my land, From California to the New York Island"
Now that IS a nice sentiment. And just what, other than your taunting denigrations on a forum, have you done for your country "from California to the the New York Island"? Please tell me you have served your nation and community in some productive ways, so I can gain some confidence in those altruistic intentions you claim.

Have a nice day.

Old 09-28-2012, 11:07 AM

9,319 posts, read 18,746,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .highnlite View Post
Not so accurate, I remember visiting Alturas California in 1977. It impressed me as very clean and neat, no trash blowing around.
Which was very different from most of the rest of California nearly 30 years ago.
Beaches years ago had even more cigarette butts and trash as beach cleaning machines were not as prevalent.
The homeless are a gift of Reagan and the Vietnam War.
In the late 60's I took the greyhound bus many times, if any of you ever went through the Los Angeles bus station, you too know it was a dirty scary place outside of that bus station, same with San Jose, Salinas, Oakland.
The solution is actually easy, it starts with you.

If you are an indoor person, it matters not a whit where you live, head out. If you are an outdoor person, it is tough to find the equal of California, remember 49% of the state is public land, uninhabited, and aside from the military installations it is all there for you.

I see no problem with people leaving, I encourage people to leave, please leave, there are..... drum roll..... 62 paved roads that leave this state. You can do the opposite of Oldtraders kin, and leave from "both sides of the state".
One pristine city does not a state make. The homeless were a gift from the endless lawsuits filed by the ACLU and Reagan finally gave them the freedom they demanded. You can try and rewrite history but some of us actually saw it first hand. CA had declined over the last decade and the beaches are poluted....see signs posted in San Diego frequently. San Francisco is a pig pen, nothing more nothing less. The only thing left are the beautiful old buildings. Cruise around south L.A much?
The solution starts with you....I no longer live there. Try picking up some garbage in pick any downtown sometime soon.

Old 09-28-2012, 12:01 PM

6,390 posts, read 9,683,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotleyCrew View Post
One pristine city does not a state make. The homeless were a gift from the endless lawsuits filed by the ACLU and Reagan finally gave them the freedom they demanded. You can try and rewrite history but some of us actually saw it first hand. CA had declined over the last decade and the beaches are poluted....see signs posted in San Diego frequently. San Francisco is a pig pen, nothing more nothing less. The only thing left are the beautiful old buildings. Cruise around south L.A much?
The solution starts with you....I no longer live there. Try picking up some garbage in pick any downtown sometime soon.
I think you missed my point, forgive me if I don't bother with the rest of your post. As should have been obvious, and was to most people I reckon. I was contrasting the cleanliness of Alturas 30 years to the rest of California, as an opposing point, to the poor guy that said 30 years ago California was neat and clean... If you had actually read the post, that should have been clear.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California