Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2012, 06:26 PM

305 posts, read 553,497 times

Advertisements

CAMPBELL SOUP ANNOUNCES CLOSING OF SACRAMENTO PLANT

Campbell Soup Co. today announced the closing of its south Sacramento plant, where the company has made canned soup for more than 60 years.
The plant will be phased out, with final shutdown coming next July. It will eliminate 700 full-time jobs, a devastating development in one of the region's most hardscrabble neighborhoods. The plant's workers, who are members of the Teamsters union, earn as much as $20 an hour, said Troy Givans, interim economic development manager for Sacramento County.
"They were very good jobs, they're very important jobs in the community in south Sacramento, and in the region," Givans said. The company said it plans to shift most of Sacramento's production to Campbell's remaining plants in Maxton, N.C.; Napoleon, Ohio; and Paris, Texas.
[LEFT]
Read more: John and Ken - KFI AM 640 More Stimulating Talk Radio
[/LEFT]

COMCAST TO CLOSE ALL ITS CALIFORNIA CALL CENTERS

Campbell Soup Co. today announced the closing of its south Sacramento plant, where the company has made canned soup for more than 60 years.
The plant will be phased out, with final shutdown coming next July. It will eliminate 700 full-time jobs, a devastating development in one of the region's most hardscrabble neighborhoods. The plant's workers, who are members of the Teamsters union, earn as much as $20 an hour, said Troy Givans, interim economic development manager for Sacramento County.
"They were very good jobs, they're very important jobs in the community in south Sacramento, and in the region," Givans said. The company said it plans to shift most of Sacramento's production to Campbell's remaining plants in Maxton, N.C.; Napoleon, Ohio; and Paris, Texas.
[LEFT]

[/LEFT]

Old 09-27-2012, 06:32 PM

4,254 posts, read 5,606,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onthevergeofanervous View Post
CAMPBELL SOUP ANNOUNCES CLOSING OF SACRAMENTO PLANT

[LEFT]
Very sad. You could smell the soup for blocks around, 24/7. Gave the neighborhood its character.

Old 09-27-2012, 06:39 PM

7,150 posts, read 10,898,467 times
And even MORE jobs leaving
(oooops! these aren't in California ... my bad? )

Vann’s Closing Montana Stores

Vann’s Electronics has announces that they will be closing their Bozeman stores – leaving 150 of their employee’s without jobs.

Kmart announces closure of Missoula store
Kmart announced on Tuesday that it will close its Missoula store.
About 50 Kmart employes will lose their jobs when the store closes in two months.
Kmart announces closure of Missoula store | KXLH.com | Helena, Montana

Montana's first Godfather's Pizza is closing

Montana's first Godfather's Pizza is closing : Business

J.C. Penney to close Indiana center, lay off 230

J.C. Penney to close Indiana center, lay off 230 - Louisville - Business First

Peabody closing 230-worker Indiana coal mine
Peabody closing 230-worker Indiana coal mine » Business » News From Terre Haute, Indiana

Marsh Supermarkets closing three central Indiana stores
http://www.indystar.com/article/2012...Indiana-stores

Nebraska Book Company Closing More Stores

Old 09-27-2012, 06:41 PM

6,390 posts, read 9,684,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nullgeo View Post

Vann’s Electronics has announces that they will be closing their Bozeman stores – leaving 150 of their employee’s without jobs.

About 50 Kmart employes will lose their jobs when the store closes in two months.

Peabody closing 230-worker Indiana coal mine » Business » News From Terre Haute, Indiana

Old 09-27-2012, 07:16 PM

Location: Central Bay Area, CA as of Jan 2010...but still a proud Texan from Houston!
7,484 posts, read 10,448,062 times
Quote:

Since you receive government entitlements and don't contribute much to CA in the form of taxes or purchasing it is no wonder why it does not concern you in the least that more people are going to be without a job or that companies are leaving CA. As long as it does not affect you then by golly who cares

Old 09-27-2012, 07:18 PM

1,790 posts, read 2,926,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVC15 View Post
Since you receive government entitlements and don't contribute much to CA in the form of taxes or purchasing it is no wonder why it does not concern you in the least that more people are going to be without a job or that companies are leaving CA. As long as it does not affect you then by golly who cares
he's never said that. he was just pointing out that jobs leave EVERYWHERE.

Old 09-27-2012, 07:23 PM

Location: Central Bay Area, CA as of Jan 2010...but still a proud Texan from Houston!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5thgenSF View Post
he's never said that. he was just pointing out that jobs leave EVERYWHERE.
This state has a serious unemployment problem Unemployment Rates for States

For anyone to make light of that and try and turn the focus towards other states is just disgusting and ignorant...like I said just because it does not affect him who the hell cares

CA is in trouble and as long as you have the ignorant who won't feel the effects trying to make light of the issue is truly disgusting.

Old 09-27-2012, 07:23 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,479,020 times
Quote:

You really ARE two of a kind. Pity! Don't respond to the post. Rather, twist and deflect what was posted by use of data that has nothing to do with California.

On topic, which is Sacramento, another 300 jobs are drying up because Comcast is closing its call center in Nastomas.

Old 09-27-2012, 07:26 PM

1,790 posts, read 2,926,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVC15 View Post
This state has a serious unemployment problem Unemployment Rates for States

For anyone to make light of that and try and turn the focus towards other states is just disgusting and ignorant...like I said just because it does not affect him who the hell cares

CA is in trouble and as long as you have the ignorant who won't feel the effects trying to make light of the issue is truly disgusting.
unemployment is awful almost everywhere!! it's pathetic where i am now and i'd LIKE to come back to california as employment (in the bay area) is FAR more likely than many other places. he wasn't making light of anything other than oldtrader's INCESSANT posting about the sky falling ONLY in california.

Old 09-27-2012, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
You really ARE two of a kind. ity! Don't respond to the post. Ratherr, twist and deflect what was posted by use of data that has nothing to do with California.
His same of crap over and over...but hey he really does not contribute to CA welbeing so why should he care. Just divert the topic to other states...yep that will fix CA problems.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California