Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-15-2012, 10:27 AM

209 posts, read 247,648 times

Advertisements

so i am going on another vacation back to california with my fiance we went in august of 11 we spent 3 days visiting with his family in bakersfield and then ventured off to the coast line, disney land and hollywood. ventura beach ventura county oxnard, camrillo, long beach, newport beach

this time we have 4 days in bakersfield and then we have a day in long beach before we catch a cruise to mexico.

since we will be spending more time in Bakersfield this time around i am wondering what there is to do out that way. last time was spent mostly driving around shopping, i saw the mall i saw boot barn went to the crystal palace went to some of the chain restaurants like in and out carl jrs and some random shopping plazas

this time i am trying to find out if there is such a thing as night life we are both in our 30s i am early he is mid. huge fan of country and 80s muisc not into the hip hop club scene we also love karokee bowling and shooting pool.

looking for local shops like if you have a downtown area. i am not a huge fan of chain restaurants but will make an exception for in n out only because we cant get good burgers like those back in ct

we are not picky about food but don't eat Asian as we both get sick from it not huge fans of Mexican food. looking for more of a mom and pop places that serve local good food at a decent price under 15. diners are good we both love diner food. italian american bbq and huge on comfort food. i know i saw something about ice cream shop that makes ice cream on premises i want to visit that and i also heard about some old fashion burger place cant think of the name of it. also looking for a good cupcake bakery i have a at home cupcake/cake pop business in my spare time and love anything and everything that has to do with cupcakes

things that wont cost much money that we can do. ( my fiances aunt is in a nursing home so we will be spending some time visiting her but for no more than an hr each day so we will have plenty of time to do stuff.

we are flying in to la and driving to bakersfield and will be stoping in velencia to do a leg stretch and rest and switch drivers anything to see in velencia?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2012, 12:00 PM

17,635 posts, read 22,639,503 times
Magic Mountain is in Valencia... Six Flags Magic Mountain

Old 10-15-2012, 03:03 PM

209 posts, read 247,648 times
sixs flags would be nice but we are just stopping for no more than 45 minutes in velencia to change drivers ill be taking over the wheel and were going to stop for coffee and a leg stretch. plus no money in the budget for six flags

Old 10-16-2012, 08:48 AM

4 posts, read 8,438 times
Hello and welcome back to Bakersfield!

A few places you might try:

Country music - Trout's The History of Trout's original "Bakersfield sound" country music.

If you are going to be around on a Sunday afternoon...check out Ethel's Old Corral https://www.facebook.com/pages/Ethel...l/153005744346. The place gets hoppin' and the bands are usually good.

As for food....if you haven't tried Basque then I would recommend it (just make sure you are very hungry) as it is the ultimate comfort food. Two places that you might want to check into are Woolgrower's Wool Growers Restaurant - Bakersfield's most popular Basque restaurant lunch is pretty reasonable if you choose the family style. Another would be Benji's Benji's Restaurant - Bakersfield | Urbanspoon. Both places are great but make sure you have a reservation, even for lunch!

Best hamburger would be Happy Jacks Happy Jacks Pie 'N' Burger - Bakersfield | Urbanspoon. I have been eating here for over 30 years and the place is one of our best kept secrets! Make sure you save room for a piece of peanut butter pie!

Hope this helps and enjoy your stay!

Old 10-16-2012, 08:53 AM

16,806 posts, read 39,945,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhale1 View Post
a piece of peanut butter pie
My heart is fluttering with desire.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California