Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2012, 05:30 PM

2,299 posts, read 4,826,881 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville1 View Post
I'm a native Californian who retired last year in San Diego and found happiness in Asheville, NC. We've got it all. And right now, we've got full on fall color. Also, I still have my California plates as my CA registration is still current. Not one soul has made a negative remark to me about CA upon seeing the plates. And I haven't heard a bigoted remark. Asheville Accolades and Media Praise | Asheville, NC's Official Tourism Web Site
Wow! I was going to recommend Asheville as well based on what the OP has intimated. I've only visited, but loved the look and feel of the area.

I'm also an Austin fan. I lived there for a while and it is the more liberal part of Texas, but Texas Liberal is a California Moderate. The place has "hills" and lakes and towns nearby such as Elgin and Bastrop where you get a country feel but you're still near a large City.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2012, 05:50 PM

6,390 posts, read 9,684,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVC15 View Post
Life is also too short to constantly hate on a state you don't live in
Hate is an emotion particular to Conservatives. Normal people don't hate. Conservatives have a very hard time wrapping their minds around that! Besides Texas is a fine state, west of the 100th meridian, aside from the few Texans left there

Old 10-17-2012, 05:58 PM

Location: Central Bay Area, CA as of Jan 2010...but still a proud Texan from Houston!
7,484 posts, read 10,448,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .highnlite View Post
Hate is an emotion particular to Conservatives. Normal people don't hate. Conservatives have a very hard time wrapping their minds around that! Besides Texas is a fine state, west of the 100th meridian, aside from the few Texans left there
Your posts about TX are full of hate

Houston is also a fine city to live in.

BTW normal people at some point in their lives will experience hate...I see you don't know much about humans either.

It is not normal to hang onto hate but it is normal to experience it at some point in your lifetime.

Old 10-17-2012, 05:59 PM

1,981 posts, read 3,151,872 times
Quote:
Don't egg her on, she obviously popped a fuse or something...

Me, I personally have been too and worked in almost every city in the nation that has a hospital many times in all seasons... What gets my goat, is the lack of her ability to accept someone may have an opinion that differs from hers...

---------------------------------------------------------

BAKERONE
I find your thread interesting.. One other idea is to pick a place based on your interests... If you enjoy being active in your church, possibly an area were that is the dominant religion... Or what ever your "passions" are find an area where other share that..

I wish you the best... I can only imagine how tough that is when retired.. Me having kids in school, makes it easy to meet people that have something in common...

Best of luck on your search..

Old 10-17-2012, 06:01 PM

861 posts, read 1,249,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pch1013 View Post
Beaches?
Along the French Broad River (the third oldest river on the planet).

Old 10-17-2012, 06:01 PM

Location: Central Bay Area, CA as of Jan 2010...but still a proud Texan from Houston!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueTimbers View Post

What gets my goat, is the lack of her ability to accept someone may have an opinion that differs from hers...
Pot calling the kettle black.

I could care less what you think...just don't spew ignorance as that is really what gets my goat

Old 10-17-2012, 06:06 PM

1,981 posts, read 3,151,872 times
Quote:
Pot calling the kettle black.

I could care less what you think...just don't spew ignorance as that is really what gets my goat
Houston smells musty.. It is hot and humid... Ignorance???!! If you like hot and humid fine... I do not, it IS my opinion... NOT ignorance.... wow...

Old 10-17-2012, 06:10 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,479,020 times
Quote:
And the redundant delusion continues unabated. Oh, that's a real surprise! Consider the source!

Old 10-17-2012, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueTimbers View Post
Houston smells musty.. It is hot and humid... Ignorance???!! If you like hot and humid fine... I do not, it IS my opinion... NOT ignorance.... wow...
Yes to say that the entire city of Houston smells musty is indeed ignorant

Now to say that you think the entire city of Houston smells musty is an opinion.

To make a blanket statement that it is hot and humid period end of conversation is indeed ignorant. As it is only hot and humid half of the year.

See the difference?

Old 10-17-2012, 06:12 PM

6,390 posts, read 9,684,265 times
Quote:
Your posts about TX are full of hate

Houston is also a fine city to live in.

BTW normal people at some point in their lives will experience hate...I see you don't know much about humans either.

It is not normal to hang onto hate but it is normal to experience it at some point in your lifetime.
Remember what I said,
Quote:
Conservatives have a very hard time wrapping their minds around that!
My posts are full of hate, I am ignorant on economics, everbody hates..... I cannot figure out how I managed 6 decades on this planet so messed up..

Alas, I am but a humble mulero, a pawn in the game of life...;(
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California