Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2013, 11:10 AM

2,821 posts, read 3,536,119 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmode View Post
Man. What a brilliant and intelligent response. Must have gleaned that off intellectually stimulating Glenn Beck show or something.
It's true though. How do you defend that when the stats are right there in front of you? I'm a minority too actually
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2013, 01:35 PM

767 posts, read 1,742,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Bummer about San Leandro. 40 years ago that place was awesome.
Nearly all of CA was better then than now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffredo View Post
I lived in #9 Salinas for a number of years. Its almost all a result of Mexican gang activity (Norteno/Sureno). Basically if you aren't a gang banger, have nothing to do with them and stay out of East Salinas chances are nothing will ever happen to you. Its not like you're missing anything restricting yourself to the other 3/4 of town anyway - East Salinas is a pit.

Its rather sad none the less - if nothing else than for all the wasted lives and the heartache they cause their families. I remember reading something to the effect that Monterey County had 60 murders in a given year (in 2000 or something). All but 8 of them were gang related and almost all Hispanic males under 30. Basically, without that element there would be very few murders there.

Wait a sec, let me remember some of the tag lines...
  • "but they just want a better life"
  • "they do the jobs that no one else will do"
  • "we can learn from their culture"
I'll let the MEChA people take it from here...

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiFi View Post
The problem in these cities is not economic, there are plenty of poor cities without crime. It is the inferior cultures that live there, in our case certain brands of cradle-to-grave-welfare black, immigrant hispanic, and whitetrash cultures. In france their problem cultures are the arab immigrant ones, some suburbs of Paris are so violent the police/firefighters will often not even answer emergency calls there being it could be a setup by one of the out of control arab youth gangs. Its always culture and the fact is that liberalism breeds these kinds of depraved cultures that live with their hand out demanding a share of someone else's success, holding themselves responsible for nothing. They behave like animals because they are told that is all they are capable of, that their misery is not their fault, that they are owed a better life and that its someone else's responsibility. as far am i am concerned they are animals, and its social engineering that drove them to become so.
The truth sure is ugly...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralphkramden View Post
Yeah? You don't say. So, what do you call the cradle-to-grave culture that lives off the sweat of the workers of the world? What do you call the culture that manipulates the investment markets and politics required to control the economy? You know, those guys and gals who crash the world economy with phony securities scams and rake in the millions upon millions in bonuses for ripping off the public. Who run for office on lies. Who manipulate government contracts through lobbying. That's superior culture? Sophisticated? They behave with that immoral greed because they are told that is what they are capable of, that other peoples misery is not their problem, they can take whatever they can ripoff to have a better life than the inferior cultures?

Good call, Ace.
..so ugly that it enrages the political correctness police.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YongAe View Post
Why are posts like these allowed? It's full or white supremacy.
Why is yours "allowed" and who should we appoint to "allow" or not "allow?" You exhibit some real bigotry to any ideas other than those you were spoonfed by your liberal indoctrinators.

Maybe it's time for you to stop being close-minded and narrow-minded. Maybe it's time for you to start being more tolerant towards other ideas and culture.

Or, maybe it's time for you to be a liberal.

To answer your question, though- it's that darn First Amendment. Be assured, though, that in time, that Amendment will be abolished as it enables politically incorrect statements to be made.

After the abolition of free speech, effectively abolishing politically incorrect speech, followed by- with sufficient indoctrination- abolition of politically incorrect thoughts, we will achieve true diversity of thought in that we will think politically correctly! Viva la diversidad!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1200RT View Post
Both posts are equally idiotic, misinformed, and sad.
Tell us- what would be otherwise?

Please, guide us to a correct mentality. Be our shepherd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
*yawn* And yet, a lot of people live in Oakland quite peacefully and happily.
Does it matter?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbell75 View Post
Just about every city in the worst column is mostly minorities while just about every city in the best column is mostly white. Shocker.
But you can't say that! Because my teacher said you can't say things like that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmode View Post
Man. What a brilliant and intelligent response. Must have gleaned that off intellectually stimulating Glenn Beck show or something.
Man. Your response is brilliant and intelligent. Must be able to tell us how exactly it is both.

Please. Tell us.

Old 09-03-2014, 07:51 AM

4 posts, read 3,444 times
Stockton isnt as bad as Oakland. Stockton barely has any murders at all compared to Oakland.

Old 09-03-2014, 08:47 AM

6,416 posts, read 8,272,399 times
Stockton had 71 murders in 2012. Don't know how that qualifies as 'barely'

Old 09-04-2014, 08:19 PM

7,242 posts, read 7,903,542 times
The OP is stupid as it just tells us that 26 murders happened in Oakland but doesn't normalize the numbers as a rate (for example murders per 100,000 people). Rates are the only way you can meaningfully compare crime stats so the OP is either completely ignorant at best of deliberately trying to be deceptive.

Old 09-17-2014, 08:47 AM

Let's face it its only getting worse because people from the bay are moving out there. Oakland been on the map since the 70s Stockton came up since the 90s. And anyways you don't see Stockton on any show like gangland on National Geographic

Old 09-17-2014, 10:42 AM

I'm from Oakland and I moved to Manteca a few years ago pretty coo out here but Stockton dudes don't like folks from Oakland or the Bay Area. It doesn't make make much sense when they listen to music, dress, and talk like us.

Old 09-17-2014, 10:44 AM

2,406 posts, read 6,036,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMERICAS_TEAM_COWBOYS View Post
Let's face it its only getting worse because people from the bay are moving out there. Oakland been on the map since the 70s Stockton came up since the 90s. And anyways you don't see Stockton on any show like gangland on National Geographic
Stockton's bad reputation is well-known and well-deserved and goes back before the 90's. It was bad long before people from the Bay Area started moving there. Anybody who doesn't know these things is living under a rock. I know people who live in Stockton and for the most part, it is just as bad as its reputation suggests. Sure, there are some nice neighborhoods. The people I know there live in a couple of them. Most of the city is just not a good place to live in. I can think of plenty of other central valley towns I'd pick over Stockton.

Old 09-17-2014, 02:11 PM

Anywhere in ca even the bay area people don't even know.Stockton exist or the central valley in fact. The only thing I knew about the valley was that they had Manteca waterslides lol other tan that that was it Stockton isnt as bad as people say it is. Thats why.people are moving here knowing its a little ghetto and cheap but doesn't come near where their from.

Old 09-17-2014, 03:23 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,677,590 times
Well that explains everything...

Cowboys Fan
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California