Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2012, 09:18 AM

Location: Unlike most on CD, I'm not afraid to give my location: Milwaukee, WI.
1,767 posts, read 4,120,485 times

Advertisements

Here is an article written by a college professor, author, and long-time resident of California's central valley... about the environmental (and by extension,social) impact of the state's changing demographics. Quite shocking.

A Vandalized Valley - National Review Online
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2012, 09:36 AM

6,390 posts, read 9,629,667 times
Or, we live on a farm, and never lock our doors, equipment sits out by the road, and is never vandalized. My tractor has been on a worksite now for three weeks, with the key in the ignition.

Tis true that metal, especially copper and bronze is valuable enough to steal. That could end tomorrow with "big government" intervention, requiring metal dealers to be licensed and to have certificates of provenance. Something that Victor would undoubtedly oppose.

By the way, I don't believe Victor is a college professor, he belongs to a conservative think tank located on the Stanford Campus, but he does not need to appear there. He is also well known for his book explaining how homosexuality was essential for unit cohesion in the ancient Greek Phalanx's.

His conservative ideology makes the Czar of All Russias appear to have been a liberal.

Old 11-23-2012, 09:51 AM

9,319 posts, read 18,681,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .highnlite View Post
Or, we live on a farm, and never lock our doors, equipment sits out by the road, and is never vandalized. My tractor has been on a worksite now for three weeks, with the key in the ignition.

Tis true that metal, especially copper and bronze is valuable enough to steal. That could end tomorrow with "big government" intervention, requiring metal dealers to be licensed and to have certificates of provenance. Something that Victor would undoubtedly oppose.

By the way, I don't believe Victor is a college professor, he belongs to a conservative think tank located on the Stanford Campus, but he does not need to appear there. He is also well known for his book explaining how homosexuality was essential for unit cohesion in the ancient Greek Phalanx's.

His conservative ideology makes the Czar of All Russias appear to have been a liberal.
AZ has passed a law that requires the trader/pickers to wait for a check and provide an I.D and an address.

How sad that that bell is so easily dismissed by you. But I guess that is part of the Progressives approach to the new world order...wipe out the past.

Old 11-23-2012, 10:34 AM

3,727 posts, read 6,196,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .highnlite View Post
By the way, I don't believe Victor is a college professor, he belongs to a conservative think tank located on the Stanford Campus, but he does not need to appear there.
He was for many years a professor of classics at Cal State Fresno. He is reputed to be a registered Democrat. Hanson is the author of "Mexifornia", a book written some years ago that examines the destruction that unchecked illegal immigration has done to California. He is a national columist that appears in my local newspaper, the OC Register, and is widely well regarded by conservatives for his insightful comments on various issues. The fact that he is routinely attacked by leftists, both on previous threads here on CD and nationally, proves how effective his analyisis is.

Old 11-23-2012, 10:40 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,505,929 times
Hey highlifer I thought it was Viktor Hansen, kinda like Kalifornia. Ha!

Old 11-23-2012, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotleyCrew View Post

How sad that that bell is so easily dismissed by you.

bell?

But I guess that is part of the Progressives approach to the new world order...wipe out the past.

I rather doubt you have ever read a thing I wrote that could be considered "Progressive" Aside from the positions held by the Bull Moose party, of which I am the last surviving member:)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackShoe View Post
He was for many years a professor of classics at Cal State Fresno. He is reputed to be a registered Democrat. Hanson is the author of "Mexifornia", a book written some years ago that examines the destruction that unchecked illegal immigration has done to California. He is a national columist that appears in my local newspaper, the OC Register, and is widely well regarded by conservatives for his insightful comments on various issues. The fact that he is routinely attacked by leftists, both on previous threads here on CD and nationally, proves how effective his analyisis is.
Thank you for that, so he does have an academic background. That darned illegal immigration, damn those good Republican Farmers like Victor who supported the illegal immigrants post Bracero program. Yes, he does write a syndicated column and that he is in the OC Register does not surprise me. He is generally attacked by people who live in the fact based universe, which proves how ideological his positions are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
Hey highlifer I thought it was Viktor Hansen, kinda like Kalifornia. Ha!

I prefer Veektor,, as in Young Frankenstein

Old 11-23-2012, 11:23 AM

3,727 posts, read 6,196,345 times
Attack the messenger, ignore the message. The Left never seems to tire of this worn out tactic do they? While the article cited is a year old and has been discussed on earlier threads, it's points are perhaps even more valid today than they were when the article was first published.

Old 11-23-2012, 11:46 AM

880 posts, read 1,409,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotleyCrew View Post
AZ has passed a law that requires the trader/pickers to wait for a check and provide an I.D and an address.

How sad that that bell is so easily dismissed by you. But I guess that is part of the Progressives approach to the new world order...wipe out the past.
Except for the Theban's who had homosexual warriors. When did you last hear anything about Thebes? As a historical point, the relationships were also older man to youth. It did normally end when the youth (note not child) became older himself. Except in Thebe's case.

It is interesting that some, when a problem is pointed out, resort to bringing in a political view, as though that negates facts. Should Conservatives dismiss anything a Liberal says?

CA has it's problem's, CA has it's advantages. If people can't listen to each other, how will they deal with major issues?

Old 11-23-2012, 12:13 PM

1,199 posts, read 1,636,130 times
Default middle class is slip sliding away

Forget the blame game, working together is the only way. I have a public high school education and worked construction all my life. I see the down turn in this country. It doesn't take a collage degree to figure it out. Poverty is simply over taking the middle-class.
First living wage jobs where lost by out sourcing. Then financial holdings the middle-class citizens had in property and retirement investments were raided. Sure the rich took a hit but they aren't impacted like the middle-class. Middle class is now taped out on debit.
All of us middle class seniors need to think survival mode. I'm not talking bunker level, hope I'm missing something.
I'm not preaching just saying, My wife and I are becoming minimalists under self control and retiring with what we can scrape together. America is changing and so is the weather. We need to bend.
Sorry about the wondering thoughts, thats the way I roll when I post. And I never hang around to respond.

Old 11-23-2012, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackShoe View Post
Attack the messenger, ignore the message. The Left never seems to tire of this worn out tactic do they? While the article cited is a year old and has been discussed on earlier threads, it's points are perhaps even more valid today than they were when the article was first published.
One finds it easy to attack ideologues, as their beliefs are preferred to facts. Maybe Veektor lives in the wrong neighborhood.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonard64 View Post
Except for the Theban's who had homosexual warriors. When did you last hear anything about Thebes? As a historical point, the relationships were also older man to youth. It did normally end when the youth (note not child) became older himself. Except in Thebe's case.

It is interesting that some, when a problem is pointed out, resort to bringing in a political view, as though that negates facts. Should Conservatives dismiss anything a Liberal says?

CA has it's problem's, CA has it's advantages. If people can't listen to each other, how will they deal with major issues?

Huh, I would read a little Ancient Greek History if I were you. You can start with this

Quote:
Should Conservatives dismiss anything a Liberal says?
Any unfounded belief should be challenged, duh.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California