Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-04-2012, 10:43 PM

2 posts, read 4,651 times

Advertisements

Hi,
We might be relocating to Santa Ynez and when I am looking at the homes for sale I see a lot are in a planned community. For example I see homes in meadowlark estates, oak trails estates etc. for sale but I am not sure which areas might be more prestigious over another and will hold its value better etc. at some point of course I will contact a realtor but I like to do a little research of my own first from real people in the area that also are not bias as they do not have a particular house to sell in a subdivision...
Our budget would preferably be 1.2m but could be a little more. We want at least 5 acres and that seems to be pretty common there.
So anyone living in that area or first hand experience with the different neighborhoods please let me know.
Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2012, 08:03 AM

2 posts, read 8,825 times
Meadowlark Ranch is for the most part flat to rolling usable land in 5 acre parcels. You may hear some planes from the little airport next door, especially on the weekend, but you enjoy super easy access to Hwy 246, San Marcos Pass and the town of Santa Ynez. In Oak Trail Estates you are entering the first foothills of the San Rafael Range and the properties are 5-15 acres, the terrain is more rugged but it is a nice place to ride, likewise Woodstock Ranch next door, which has 20 acre parcels and is little steeper still, with great views and more oaks. Rounding out the foothills on the Hwy 154 side is Rancho Ynecita, another development of 20 acre parcels. Good resale in all of these. I live in Oak Trail Ranch which was the first 20 acre subdivision of this old rancho area, developed in the 1960s, and is less polished, with narrow, bumpy roads. Really the question is what's for sale, how does it feel to you, how much usable land do you want, how far do you want to drive, do you want to be on the ridge or down in the valley, is there room for a few grapes, etc...It's all good in the Santa Ynez Valley, throw a dart, can't go wrong.

Old 12-05-2012, 07:23 PM

2 posts, read 4,651 times
thank you William! I do like the idea of the additional riding trails in the development and also something a little quieter than being near the airport. Thank you for your insight I will keep my eye on these areas!
Best
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California