Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2012, 07:45 AM

16,588 posts, read 27,377,194 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
...that shows how much we rely on other states. And it turns out we dont rely on any other state for anything and that any expenditures we have here, are because we have a desire to pay for them, or incur debt in order to finance them. California is totally self reliant.
exactly. We function almost like an independent nation but we're not one. Instead we lose about 8 billion dollars a year in federal taxes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2012, 09:48 AM

131 posts, read 167,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimhcom View Post
Wrong, the OP (me) said the combination of State employees combined with entitlement recipients is the 3rd highest in the nation. Try to pay attention and not mis-quote people.
By the way I value your opinion that California is doing so well and I sincerely hope you can convince others to share your opinion, at least long enough for me to be able to unload my properties at a decent price before leaving this wonderful place in my rear view mirror.
Nope. Didn't mis-quote you atall. You tied state employee levels to being a negative drain on the state. Overwhelmingly powerful inference. Unmistakable. Stringing that right in the same sentence with "entitlement recipients". If you don't like the way readers interpret your meaning, be more careful about what you claim and the way you write it out. Anyway you look at it, you were making a case for state employee levels being bloated and that dragging California down. They aren't and they aren't.

California, NY, NJ, and Illinois. Yep. Doing very well. Top producers relative to population. California and NY tops in every respect. The wheels on the bus go round and round. Enjoy 'Happyland' when you find it. Don't crash on the way. Driving with your eyes on the rearview mirror won't get you very far.

Old 12-06-2012, 03:36 PM

6,795 posts, read 7,285,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
...that shows how much we rely on other states. And it turns out we dont rely on any other state for anything and that any expenditures we have here, are because we have a desire to pay for them, or incur debt in order to finance them. California is totally self reliant.
Have you been taken advantage of our liberal medical marauana laws? We are currently nearly 300 billion in debt http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...wit7KiuvW_0cUA
do you really think the people of kalifornia are going to come up with that kind of money?
If you do that stuff you are smoking is really really good!

Old 12-06-2012, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralphkramden View Post
Nope. Didn't mis-quote you atall. You tied state employee levels to being a negative drain on the state. Overwhelmingly powerful inference. Unmistakable. Stringing that right in the same sentence with "entitlement recipients". If you don't like the way readers interpret your meaning, be more careful about what you claim and the way you write it out. Anyway you look at it, you were making a case for state employee levels being bloated and that dragging California down. They aren't and they aren't.

California, NY, NJ, and Illinois. Yep. Doing very well. Top producers relative to population. California and NY tops in every respect. The wheels on the bus go round and round. Enjoy 'Happyland' when you find it. Don't crash on the way. Driving with your eyes on the rearview mirror won't get you very far.
Public employees are leaches on society and your powers of interpretation are almost as good as your insight to the future.
California, NY, NJ and Illinois are sinking ships. Only the hopelessly stupid are sticking around. Enjoy the collapse.

Old 12-06-2012, 04:03 PM

131 posts, read 167,027 times
Quote:
Have you been taken advantage of our liberal medical marauana laws? We are currently nearly 300 billion in debt http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...wit7KiuvW_0cUA
do you really think the people of kalifornia are going to come up with that kind of money?
If you do that stuff you are smoking is really really good!
Here's a thought for you Sport: $1,000,000 in debt to Ralph is brankruptcy time. Actually, waaaay past it. To Warren Buffet it ain't spit. Debt is only meaningful relative to resources and potential earnings. Which factors places like California and NY have scobs and scobs of.

Quote:
Public employees are leaches on society and your powers of interpretation are almost as good as your insight to the future.
California, NY, NJ and Illinois are sinking ships. Only the hopelessly stupid are sticking around. Enjoy the collapse.
Yeah? You don't say. Tell that to the cops and firemen and military next time you have a "situation". And for that matter when you don't have a "situation". Because youknow why you don't have "situations" very often? Think about it. Maybe it'll come to you next time you flush your toilet and that crap of yours actually goes down the hole. There is no society without public employees Sport.

Old 12-07-2012, 12:34 AM

167 posts, read 278,106 times
Thats funny his qoute CA ILL doing very well....thats why Texas and other states are taking business away from them. I got out of CA after 40 years of stress before the collapse and havent looked back.

Old 12-07-2012, 05:30 AM

345 posts, read 1,030,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brad4143 View Post
Thats funny his qoute CA ILL doing very well....thats why Texas and other states are taking business away from them. I got out of CA after 40 years of stress before the collapse and havent looked back.
What state did you move too? If you haven't looked back I'm sure you're enjoying it.

Old 12-07-2012, 10:42 AM

16,588 posts, read 27,377,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Millennium View Post
What state did you move too? If you haven't looked back I'm sure you're enjoying it.
if someone moves from a place but then finds a place online to speak poorly of it, they can't say they're not looking back.

Old 12-07-2012, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralphkramden View Post
Here's a thought for you Sport: $1,000,000 in debt to Ralph is brankruptcy time. Actually, waaaay past it. To Warren Buffet it ain't spit. Debt is only meaningful relative to resources and potential earnings. Which factors places like California and NY have scobs and scobs of.

Yeah? You don't say. Tell that to the cops and firemen and military next time you have a "situation". And for that matter when you don't have a "situation". Because youknow why you don't have "situations" very often? Think about it. Maybe it'll come to you next time you flush your toilet and that crap of yours actually goes down the hole. There is no society without public employees Sport.
Like you say I don't have situations and if I did none of the above would do anything to stop it. The police show up after something has happened and take a report. Firemen rarely save anyone’s house and insurance (which is private) is what makes you whole. And the military has done nothing except bankrupt the country fighting wars for profit to enrichen corporations. As far as I am concerned society is a lot better off with 90% less government than we currently have.
By the way, next time you are touting the virtue of government don't forget to include the worthless law makers and the endless hoards of bureaucrats that bleed the lifeblood out of the productive members of society.
Government seeks to be the master of citizen when in fact it is the citizens who are masters of the government.
"That government is best which governs least."
Thomas Paine

Old 12-07-2012, 12:23 PM

943 posts, read 1,320,635 times
Quote:
Firemen rarely save anyone’s house
Yeah, OK. I think that tells me all I need to know about how much I should value your opinions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California