Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2013, 09:23 AM

880 posts, read 1,415,348 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pretzelogik View Post
Kalifornia's replacement for the truck....
Big Apple Rickshaw Group Ride HD - YouTube
Cheaper than the bus subsidies now paid.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2013, 09:44 AM

16,806 posts, read 39,938,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonard64 View Post

Air quality is far better than in 1998 when they did the report. Engine and exhaust technology is far more efficient than in 1998, dropping particulate matter (soot) and keeps getting better.
Tell that to the harbors, Alameda Corridor, and the IE. Be prepared for ridicule.

Old 01-04-2013, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fontucky View Post
Tell that to the harbors, Alameda Corridor, and the IE. Be prepared for ridicule.
Still better than it was.

Old 01-04-2013, 10:48 AM

16,806 posts, read 39,938,866 times
I don't agree, but what do I know? I actually live in one of those places.

Old 01-04-2013, 11:10 AM

1,981 posts, read 3,150,970 times
Quote:
The easiest way to stop air pollution? By man, make Jets more efficient, which they won't do (Huge polution issues); and well, find a way for volcanoes and cows to emit less.
Last I checked we do not have any volcanoes erupting this morning in the central valley.....

Maybe if we start fracking for shale oil in up on Huasna townsite we can get the seven/nine sisters fired up again on the coast, that will be sure to drift inland.. Then we can get some volcanic activity in the mix...

The cows we can do something about...
Chinese dairy fires up world's largest methane capture system | CNN Travel

Yes despite the glass is half empty attitude of the article it can and does work on smaller scale!
ODOE: Bioenergy in Oregon Biogas Technology

Also grass fed cows release less methane, and also make healthier products with lower cholesterol and higher omega 3's for us to consume, plus reduce the need or grains to be trucked in from the midwest..... Yet another potential solution....for your cows..

But no people just do not want to think outside the box....

California used to lead in innovation now the state has its share of greedy negative types worried about their personal bottom line spending their time and energy complaining instead of innovating and implementing solutions....

It is a new world out there... Instead of complain and go for less regulation on air quality... Why not come up with solutions which WILL be the business opportunities of the future... Carbon credit generating, clean air, clean water solutions will make a fortune for those that stop looking back and start looking forward....

My gosh... You got China doing it before us.... How freaking embarrassing... What are you folks doing to our country....? Quit the bickering and complaining about EPA and such... Get your heads out of the sand and start to come up with solutions.....! Make some money while you are at it...

Old 01-04-2013, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueTimbers View Post

It is a new world out there... Instead of complain and go for less regulation on air quality... Why not come up with solutions which WILL be the business opportunities of the future... Carbon credit generating, clean air, clean water solutions will make a fortune for those that stop looking back and start looking forward....

My gosh... You got China doing it before us.... How freaking embarrassing... What are you folks doing to our country....? Quit the bickering and complaining about EPA and such... Get your heads out of the sand and start to come up with solutions.....! Make some money while you are at it...
Instead of using regulations to force an issue, why not use incentives that would actually motivate people.

The innovators have a motive, making money, politicians have a motive, extending their power.

Being a racer I know how many changes have been made because innovators created a part to improve the vehicle, making money and are now standard on cars.

Looking forward should be done without the blinders that politics and ideology create.

What is the old saying about attracting more bees with honey than ... regulations, or something like that.

Old 01-04-2013, 11:30 AM

8,982 posts, read 10,459,446 times
If this ends up keeping smog-spewing Mexican trucks off California roads, so much the better.

Old 01-04-2013, 01:14 PM

11,715 posts, read 40,446,365 times
They'll wind up building trailer transfer stations on the OR/NV/AZ side of the border and raising the cost of everything delivered in or out of California. This will be great for CA manufacturers trying to sell things out of state.

Old 01-04-2013, 01:17 PM

1,981 posts, read 3,150,970 times
Quote:
Instead of using regulations to force an issue, why not use incentives that would actually motivate people.

The innovators have a motive, making money, politicians have a motive, extending their power.

Being a racer I know how many changes have been made because innovators created a part to improve the vehicle, making money and are now standard on cars.

Looking forward should be done without the blinders that politics and ideology create.

What is the old saying about attracting more bees with honey than ... regulations, or something like that.
I donno cars are a bad example, heck my truck gets the same crappy mileage know as my truck in 1990 did... ZERO improvement, maybe even went backwards...
The rest of the world they have clean diesel trucks that get 50mpg... Heck I traded out my 99 1500 with 15mpg for a tiny little 4 banger 2007 ranger and I only get 24mpg at best... Any where else in the world I could have a TDI in that same Ford Ranger truck and get 50mpg.

Sorry for being so.. jerk like... on my last post, just that China more innovative than us... gets under my patriotic skin...

I see no profit motive without the regulation to drive it.... What Joe blow that is hacking up a lung going to sue some Trillion dollar multinational polluting his air??? Ya right... Us little guys got no power against those giants with legions of lawyers.... I just don't understand... The government is OURS to protect US from the big multinationals...
Dont get it how it got twisted for some of you and the government is the bad guy.... Sure it needs cleaning up those rotten politicians seeking power and all.... But the mechanism of government is the only protection we little guys have!

Old 01-04-2013, 01:55 PM

6,390 posts, read 9,681,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EscapeCalifornia View Post
They'll wind up building trailer transfer stations on the OR/NV/AZ side of the border and raising the cost of everything delivered in or out of California. This will be great for CA manufacturers trying to sell things out of state.
No, they won't, handling cargo is far more expensive than hauling it.

Not sure why ya'll are jumping up and down over truck pollution regs. CARB dictated new tractor engines in agriculture a number of years ago. Do a little research, learn that story, and the denouement. Trucking will follow essentially the same furrow.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California