Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2013, 06:15 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,479,020 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZhugeLiang View Post
And this is why nobody here takes you seriously.
Guess he's still seasick from his Navy days. And notice the deflection. Predictable!

Old 01-11-2013, 06:29 PM

3,807 posts, read 4,275,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .highnlite View Post
Such a mom and dad and kids kinda organization, eh? I submit that the NRA is using its rank and file as pawns in the game, that their real mission is to support gun manufacturers and by doing so, essentially extort millions of dollars from gun manufacturers.

I think those up in arms (pun) about gun control are basically the running dogs of the NRA, led down the garden path by very wealthy men who want to be even wealthier and very cleverly play the fear card, to an audience who are psychologically susceptible to fear mongering.

So, Zhugie, I am at the VA hospital today in Los Angeles still working on my guts 40 some years after my fun time in the military. Since you are so profoundly in favor of shooting people, which branch were you in? Where did you see combat?
United States Marine Corps, Beruit Lebanon, 1983 and you?

Remember, all these rich white fat men are out walking, hiking, and fishing like you want them too; although you are still a poor choice of an example. How can they be home, guarding their homes, when you want them out "seeing nature?"

Old 01-12-2013, 05:25 AM

1,981 posts, read 3,151,872 times
Quote:
Difficult to believe that anyone still defends gun control. I still haven't heard any valid intellectual argument in favor of it. By the way, was this kid on psychotropic drugs like the other shooters?

Funny no talk about this kind of highly relevant things.... No.... Just about the guns... Not about the fact the ADD and depression drugs they hand out to kids like candy cause serious mental problems....

Also the fact this kid bragged about it prior to doing it! Come on people!

Why is their not a national discussion on these things?? Why?

No anti gunners just jump on the fresh meat like a pack of wild dogs.... "whaaa ban guns"

We have been a pro gun country since inception.. More than a decade ago we reversed additional gun restrictions of the 90's which did not reduce violent crime. Since that time violent crime has dropped....

PS... I am not a NRA member...

Yes... Violent crime is down across the board nation wide today compared to a decade ago when more strict gun laws were in place...Liberalizing gun laws has proven to reduce violent crime...!

I know it is hard for many of you urban or people raised with guns kill for your whole lives.... Please try and be objective...

What part about guns do not kill people, people do.... Do you not get? Everything both school shooters did was ILLEGAL yes? How on earth does making certain types of guns illegal eliminate this from happening....?
I will repeat... Criminals by nature do not follow laws... Criminals by nature break laws..... Laws only impact law abiding citizens... Creating more gun laws will only impact people who follow laws...

Now of course, if you want to ban and destroy all guns, go house to house and search for all fire arms, no more hunting, no more sport shooting, with every gun in this nation under lock and key, completely change the nature and culture of our society... Then maybe....

However, good luck winning an election with that agenda....!!!

The people have spoke, they want to keep gun laws liberal...

Focus on the real problems here! What makes a person so desperate, with no where to turn to, that they steal a gun and go shoot people to express them selves..????????

Old 01-12-2013, 08:14 AM

23,593 posts, read 37,479,020 times
Nicely said but you can't preach logic to liberals. Does not compute! And of course they want to change the nature and culture of or society. They know best. But if they do, they won't have anything left here to cry about and will be like lost souls.

Old 01-12-2013, 01:51 PM

1,312 posts, read 6,469,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdumbgod View Post
Protecting one's Second Amendment rights is one thing, but can we at least stop arming whackos?
No, not really. This is one of the major problems of enshrining the right to bear arms in the Constitution. Absent any express language in the amendment that mitigates one's right to bear arms based on mental evaluation, denying the ability of "whackos" to bear arms has no more legal tooth than denying "whackos" freedom of speech or denying them free exercise of religion. It's just selective infringement.
'

Old 01-12-2013, 02:05 PM

6,390 posts, read 9,684,265 times
Quote:
And this is why nobody here takes you seriously.
You aren't a veteran? I am always amazed at how many people found other things to do than serve their country. It isn't to late to become a man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil306 View Post
United States Marine Corps, Beruit Lebanon, 1983 and you?

Remember, all these rich white fat men are out walking, hiking, and fishing like you want them too; although you are still a poor choice of an example. How can they be home, guarding their homes, when you want them out "seeing nature?"
Phil, I was in the service from 67 to 71, and have been regularly visiting the VA since. I have no idea what the point or even the meaning of your little paragraph is. Try it again, but run it by a proofreader.

Old 01-12-2013, 03:41 PM

9,197 posts, read 16,843,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueTimbers View Post
Focus on the real problems here! What makes a person so desperate, with no where to turn to, that they steal a gun and go shoot people to express them selves..????????
Encouragement from nutgroups like the NRA. They're not the least concerned with the aftermath of these people's choices; just that they sold another cache of weapons. LaPierre's insane rant let us all know what their true intent is:

Quote:
NRA Approval Rating Takes A Hit After Press Conference | Americans’ approval of the National Rifle Association has steadily declined since their tone-deaf response to the Sandy Hook Elementary School massacre in December. The gun lobbying group now has a negative favorability rating, down 10 points since the week before CEO Wayne LaPierre’s press conference, during which he called for more guns in schools and blamed media glorification of violence. Just 42 percent of respondents approved of the NRA, while 45 percent now view it unfavorably, according to a new survey by Public Policy Polling. Fifty percent of the public also rejected the NRA’s proposal for more guns in schools, and 64 percent oppose another idea to arm teachers. Gun owners also oppose arming teachers. Only a narrow margin of Republicans support the push for more guns in school, with 39 percent against.
NRA Approval Rating Takes A Hit After Press Conference | ThinkProgress
They couldn't care less about the mental state of the guys who buy guns, just that they made another sale.

But let the Nugent fanboy paranoia parade stagger froward.

Old 01-12-2013, 04:18 PM

14,044 posts, read 27,219,039 times
This thread will just be a matter of who gets in the last word...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California