Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2013, 01:49 PM

6,802 posts, read 6,688,443 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nullgeo View Post
Still digging, huh Leonard?

Per capita means everything. It is relational to the economy of the state. In every respect. Spending in other states likewise does not go to everyone in those places either. That has no bearing.

We are measuring the state's economy. That's what this thread and every other thread about California's financial realities are. What other point is there to your claim that California receives great economic benefit from defense spending? That is a measure of its economy. (!!!)

And, sir, that money is NOT "only part of the overall amount spent in CA" on the military. The figures are the whole enchilada. What do you not understand about defense spending? The shipyards and airfields and other infrastructure maintenance, plus personnel, both uniformed and civilian contractors, are ALL in the defense spending figures provided.

California receives less defense spending benefit relative to its size than more than 50% of the other states in the nation. Period, Leonard. And you are the one that brought this up. Educate yourself on your subject before you step in it.
A small defense for Leonard in that he brought up defense spending after I brought up the TVA.

Maybe the feds ought to start up a CVA (central valley authority) and give some people some jobs just like in TN and elsewhere.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2013, 02:24 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,368,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senno View Post
A small defense for Leonard in that he brought up defense spending after I brought up the TVA.

Maybe the feds ought to start up a CVA (central valley authority) and give some people some jobs just like in TN and elsewhere.
Senno, you'll have to excuse Nully. He graduated from the Institute of Advanced Posting established by those two, well known and highly regarded posting masters, yeahthatguy and user_id and is a disciple of the esteemed Professor Highnlite so he will argue until the crows come home regarding California's supremacy over all other places on Earth.

Old 01-24-2013, 02:26 PM

7,150 posts, read 10,856,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
Senno, you'll have to excuse Nully. He graduated from the Institute of Advanced Posting establised by those two, well known and highly regarded posting masters, yeahthatguy and user_id and will argue until the crows come home.
Difference being: I am always right ...

Old 01-24-2013, 02:32 PM

Quote:
The Master has taught you well, Grasshopper!

Old 01-24-2013, 04:37 PM

880 posts, read 1,411,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
The Master has taught you well, Grasshopper!
Humm, I thought he favored the "Left" far more than the "Right".

Oh well live and learn.

Old 01-24-2013, 04:40 PM

880 posts, read 1,411,728 times
Quote:
Really??? I thought you were more "heft" than Right.

Old 01-24-2013, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonard64 View Post
Humm, I thought he favored the "Left" far more than the "Right".

Oh well live and learn.
I rest my case!

Old 01-24-2013, 06:42 PM

9,894 posts, read 21,962,062 times
Jerry brown is a career politician. Career politicians are liars.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California