Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2013, 12:09 AM

37,121 posts, read 42,189,292 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CocoaButter9 View Post
I'm am from Aus and my university has a student exchange agreement with Cal State Uni System. I have to choose my preferences by end of month :/. It will only be for the one semester in which my grades won't carry back over, I will only need to pass to get credit. So I can't say I will want to spend too much time studying :P.

And yes it is for Fall 2013.
Then just go wherever you want. You won't be there long enough to matter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2013, 12:09 AM

6,802 posts, read 6,711,756 times
Quote:
I'm am from Aus and my university has a student exchange agreement with Cal State Uni System. I have to choose my preferences by end of month :/. It will only be for the one semester in which my grades won't carry back over, I will only need to pass to get credit. So I can't say I will want to spend too much time studying :P.

And yes it is for Fall 2013.
That doesn't make any sense...

Old 01-22-2013, 12:35 AM

21 posts, read 41,132 times
http://www.calstate.edu/ip/partners/

Basically, I choose courses that match up with a course from my degree back here. If I pass that matched course in US then I will get credit for my other course back here. If I fail I won't get credit for it and will have to re-do that course again back here. If that makes sense

Old 01-22-2013, 12:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Then just go wherever you want. You won't be there long enough to matter.
I'm not sure where I want to go.

I'd love to experience the American "college experience"; even though I know it's not what I see is portrayed.

But then I'd also love to go somewhere like LA and experience the big city life.

Old 01-22-2013, 12:53 AM

Quote:
I'm not sure where I want to go.

I'd love to experience the American "college experience"; even though I know it's not what I see is portrayed.

But then I'd also love to go somewhere like LA and experience the big city life.
OK, well do you have any other criteria? A good athletics program or anything?

Old 01-22-2013, 01:10 AM

In a perfect world I'd say I'd like:

A good university campus-social life/scene after class and on weekends (lots of students on campus)(Possibly a party school idk). (Because being U21 I won't be able to pubs, bars, clubs etc)
To be able to be a tourist and experience what America is all about.
A university with decent sports teams.
Great sports facilities on campus and maybe nice campus in general.

The only thing is I can't go to any of the Cal States on a tri-semester so that excludes CSLA and CPSLO

And SDSU seems to fit this pretty well, but it's exercise and nutritional science department doesn't offer enough for me

Thanks a lot for all your help by the way guys!

Old 01-22-2013, 01:57 AM

Quote:
In a perfect world I'd say I'd like:

A good university campus-social life/scene after class and on weekends (lots of students on campus)(Possibly a party school idk). (Because being U21 I won't be able to pubs, bars, clubs etc)
To be able to be a tourist and experience what America is all about.
A university with decent sports teams.
Great sports facilities on campus and maybe nice campus in general.

The only thing is I can't go to any of the Cal States on a tri-semester so that excludes CSLA and CPSLO

And SDSU seems to fit this pretty well, but it's exercise and nutritional science department doesn't offer enough for me

Thanks a lot for all your help by the way guys!
Well, do you want to see Hollywood or see San Francisco?

And if your only there for 1 semester what's wrong with SDSU? Can't you take some general ed classes or do they all have to be in your major? They have a good football team and attending games would be quintessentially American. Neither CSLB or SF have a football program any longer. And you'd be close enough to LA to travel up on weekends.

It seems strange to me that SDSU has less of a complete kineseology dept than say Chico, especially if you are there for only 1 semester anyway. They are both CSU's and offer the major.

San Diego State University | Admissions

Old 01-22-2013, 03:46 AM

Yeah unfortunately I can't take general ed classes. I pretty much have to take classes that match up to my degree and while SDSU does offer a few, it doesn't offer enough. I also need to have back ups in case I can't get the classes I want, due to whatever reason.

Old 01-22-2013, 04:05 AM

Hollywood Vs San Fran

TBH I only know about each from what I see in the movies/Tv and from online research.

How would you weigh them up? What would you prefer and why?

Old 01-22-2013, 04:36 AM

I think I've basically narrowed it down to either Chico or Long Beach. They both offer what I'm after but are polar opposites :/

Any more info on either?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California