Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2013, 01:44 PM

6,802 posts, read 6,682,990 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonard64 View Post
Definitely the beaches, but alas, not the girls on them anymore.

Curse McDonalds, Taco Bell, Arbys, Wendy's, Burger King, Carls, and all the rest ..... except In and Out, love their burgers (Though the fries are lousy).
I still like to watch the girls on the beach...

Gotta agree with you on the in-and-out fries though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2013, 01:48 PM

880 posts, read 1,410,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senno View Post
I still like to watch the girls on the beach...

Gotta agree with you on the in-and-out fries though.
Yeah one of the advantages of getting older is they eyes don't work quite as well, so I can look and I blame the size of the "Vision" on blurriness.

Any time I want to go to CA I just ask my wife if she wants an In and Out burger and she starts packing for the trip.

Old 01-25-2013, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Yeah one of the advantages of getting older is they eyes don't work quite as well, so I can look and I blame the size of the "Vision" on blurriness.

Any time I want to go to CA I just ask my wife if she wants an In and Out burger and she starts packing for the trip.
Saw my first boobage in Pismo when I was a kid. A wave swept a girls top clean off. Since then I've been on the lookout.

Old 01-25-2013, 02:09 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,535,472 times
I think Don was droping a loaf and doing Readers Digest word power at the same time.

Yes I type from experience.

The Sawtooth portion of the Sierras as viewed from Mount Patterson and clear November sunsets over the ocean from Sonoma/ Marin county seashore, Dillion beach being one of my favorites.

Old 01-25-2013, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
I think Don was droping a loaf and doing Readers Digest word power at the same time.

Yes I type from experience.

The Sawtooth portion of the Sierras as viewed from Mount Patterson and clear November sunsets over the ocean from Sonoma/ Marin county seashore, Dillion beach being one of my favorites.
Some of the most beautiful views in the wold are there.

Old 01-25-2013, 03:26 PM

Quote:

Hey Leonard you can fly into Fresno, get your eyes done:

California Eye Institute Fresno, California (CA) - Saint Agnes Medical Center

have a Colorado Grill burger which is better than In-n-Out, then take in Yosemite before heading home to TN. Sounds like a fun trip, and less expensive than Europe.

My dad had his eyes done last May after wearing glasses his whole life (he also had cataracts developing). Corrected to 20/30 both eyes and he's in his seventies.

Old 01-25-2013, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senno View Post
Hey Leonard you can fly into Fresno, get your eyes done:

California Eye Institute Fresno, California (CA) - Saint Agnes Medical Center

have a Colorado Grill burger which is better than In-n-Out, then take in Yosemite before heading home to TN. Sounds like a fun trip, and less expensive than Europe.

My dad had his eyes done last May after wearing glasses his whole life (he also had cataracts developing). Corrected to 20/30 both eyes and he's in his seventies.
Hi,

Fresno???? No thanks, been there.

As to my eyes, they tell me it won't work. Plus the old age thing as well. However no cataracts yet.

Now as for the burger, I just may have to give it a try the next time I pass THROUGH Fresno.

Yosemite was great. But England has some nice old things there, besides me when visiting, and I love history.

Old 01-25-2013, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Hi,

Fresno???? No thanks, been there.

As to my eyes, they tell me it won't work. Plus the old age thing as well. However no cataracts yet.

Now as for the burger, I just may have to give it a try the next time I pass THROUGH Fresno.

Yosemite was great. But England has some nice old things there, besides me when visiting, and I love history.
Well darn. Another tourist not fooled by the rename of Fresno Air Terminal (FAT) to Fresno Yosemite International (FYI).

The place I recommended for the eye surgery actually has one of the pioneers working there. I'd never recommend a less than fully capable facility. I was worried about my dads age, but he came through with sparkling colors.

I am semi-serious about the burger also. And it's close to 41, a quick hop off the freeway.

Shoot, Fontucky surprised me last night with a reference to a joint in Sanger. Haven't actually eaten there but the fried mushroooms sound delicious.

Old 01-25-2013, 04:44 PM

Leonard do ya like hobbits?

Highnlite is always saying LA's not a place for man nor hobbit. But Fresno kinda is.

The Underground World of Baldasare Forestiere - Tools Ideas Environment - Whole Earth Catalog

Underground Gardens of Fresno, California

Our history might not be as impressive as Europes. But it's a lot of Europeans who helped make our history.

William Saroyan, An Armenian Trilogy - Introduction - Armenian Studies Program at California State University, Fresno

Old 01-25-2013, 06:52 PM

26,613 posts, read 26,517,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nullgeo View Post
As we wend our ways toward the end of yet another profound day on the California forum....I find it appropriate to pay homage to the great Golden Bear: California...
Null, good to see you back!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California