Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2013, 06:53 PM

261 posts, read 510,283 times

Advertisements

Sure I know the title may sound a little interesting but I am only going to speak about my own visual experience I recently had. Basically I was making my way about and I needed some gas--not a problem. I get off the freeway and I pull into the gas station and BAM!

I truly had NO IDEA as to how many Hispanics that were with in the area. From my understanding it was a heavily populated black area (Interesting, where did they all go ?) back in the mid 90s. Now I am not trying to bash but I knew something was up when I saw this women leaving a store and she had a baby on one hip, another walking, and two in a stroller and if it were not for her random baggy clothing I could have sworn she was pregnant once more. The icing on the stroller was the fact it was topped off with a hot pink rime stoned iP5. Which had me wondering. Just how in the heck does one afford all of that. I am going to be honest that I didn't even 'upgrade' my phone because it simply did not fit into my budget (not even close) in fact I just simply joined a family plan with my step-dad and mom....And I have no kids. Even the Subway was packed with all Hispanic people customers and employes 100%.

Maybe they are truly big on family because it was (what it appeared to be) boy friend, grandmother, mother, baby and im sure a sister and a brother was in their some where. Now I know what your thinking 'hes a racist ass' far from. I was primarily fascinated as to how far of a demographic could change so dramatically in such a short span of time without it really being noticeable by the general public.Or maybe it was and I just kept my head under the sand.

It was really good to see so many families enjoying a nice day off together for a change. Everyone these days are so caught up in their own worlds we no longer enjoy each other anymore. Certainly true the times are bring about a change.

Old 01-27-2013, 07:25 PM

37,032 posts, read 41,953,569 times
To be honest I don't believe your story. How do you tell a "boyfriend" from a "husband" for example. You need to work on your narrative.

But yes, there are a lot of Hispanic people in CA, they aren't all poor or illegal and are often family oriented. And iphones can be had on the cheap if you sign a contract.

Old 01-27-2013, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
To be honest I don't believe your story. How do you tell a "boyfriend" from a "husband" for example. You need to work on your narrative.

But yes, there are a lot of Hispanic people in CA, they aren't all poor or illegal and are often family oriented. And iphones can be had on the cheap if you sign a contract.
No you got it exactly. That was the intent. It was so confusing you really couldn't even tell just assume. When you see that large of a group of people one could only assume one HAS to be the boy friend other husband, older one must be the grandmother. Why is it hard to believe ?

And you were fooled into signing a contract if you honestly thought 'it was cheaper'. Either that or your an agent working for those phones companies.

Old 01-27-2013, 07:34 PM

16,581 posts, read 27,248,742 times
AT&T currently offers iphone 3 free with a contract.

Old 01-27-2013, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentoo View Post
AT&T currently offers iphone 3 free with a contract.
Lies (probably not) I was told it was 130+ for one...Didn't look back after that hearing that bs. Wonder how much those months fees + taxes and rest restrictions add up to monthly (Unlimited internet, think not not that i would know anyway).

Old 01-27-2013, 07:41 PM

2,325 posts, read 2,635,818 times
OP - you are making a lot of assumptions. You actually have no clue what that group of people consisted of. Several generations of family, friends, a mix of both... Hispanics are extremely family oriented. And to be honest, it's just none of your business who they were or where the phone came from.

Old 01-27-2013, 07:44 PM

15,083 posts, read 20,391,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RumNCoke View Post
There really are a lot of Hispanic here......
Yes, there are...

[and IN-N-Out Burger]

Old 01-27-2013, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spikett View Post
OP - you are making a lot of assumptions. You actually have no clue what that group of people consisted of. Several generations of family, friends, a mix of both... Hispanics are extremely family oriented. And to be honest, it's just none of your business who they were or where the phone came from.
What assumpotion did I make ? (answer that)

And yes we agree on many of things here. Their are SEVERAL GENERATIONS OF FAMILIES AND FRIENDS that I bared witness to a LOT of them. And yes they are heavily family orientated I said all of that. And ya of course its none of my business as to how or where her phone came from but we do as people wonder just how other families are able to afford things another cannot. Ex Me, working and studying as I do with NO kids--but I cannot afford a brand new Iphone. Why. Makes me curious. What could one person be doing that I am not.

Old 01-27-2013, 08:22 PM

364 posts, read 608,228 times
You've got a lot to learn. You are not allowed to point out inconvenient truths. Such as there are a lot of hispanics in CA (more Hispanics than whites). Mention it and you will be attacked. How dare you notice a person's race. And how do you know that they are Hispanic? They might be coming from some South Pacific island for all you know. Shame on you.

Old 01-27-2013, 09:25 PM

37,032 posts, read 41,953,569 times
Quote:
What could one person be doing that I am not.
Too much to list but off the top of my head...making more money, living more frugally, prioritizing things differently, etc.

What is the point of this thread really? Yes, lot's of Hispanics (take a CA history class and learn why). Yes, people have things you don't and vice versa. You are ONE PERSON, you will not do exactly what anyone else does. Ever.

All this because you saw a Hispanic woman with an iphone?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California