Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-08-2013, 10:58 PM

6,802 posts, read 6,711,079 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVC15 View Post
Actually I don't work at any of the Hosptials. I do consutling for them And yes that is how I came to see the 20 years behind the TMC standards. It is really sad and many of the hospitals have serious violations that have been going on for 20 years
What hospitals are you doing consulting at?

Google Texas hospital violations. You think Texas don't have any? LoL.

Old 02-08-2013, 11:01 PM

Location: Central Bay Area, CA as of Jan 2010...but still a proud Texan from Houston!
7,484 posts, read 10,443,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senno View Post
They wouldn't go to the county hospital because they expect their ER to be crowded.

Oh so they would rather rack up a huge bill and be indebted the rest of their lives. Sure.

And you bet they are full...mostly of uninsured people.

Actually if an uninsured person ends up at outside of a County Hospital once they are stabilized the rest of the care needed is dealt with on a person to person basis. Some are even transferred to the County Hospital if the care is going to be extensive.

Old 02-08-2013, 11:04 PM

Location: Central Bay Area, CA as of Jan 2010...but still a proud Texan from Houston!
Quote:
What hospitals are you doing consulting at?

Google Texas hospital violations. You think Texas don't have any? LoL.
Every state has them but the ones I find here are outrageous. I consult with all of the hospitals in my neck of the woods and then some.

I trained all throughout the TMC and never once came across anything remotely close to what I have found here.

http://www.sfgate.com/health/article...ns-3829441.php

This is nothing compared to the violations occurring in the labs. 60-70% of doctor’s medical decisions come from lab results. Guess what happens when the labs are not following compliance? Doctors make wrong decisions and the patient is the one who suffers the most.

Last edited by TVC15; 02-08-2013 at 11:14 PM..

Old 02-08-2013, 11:08 PM

Quote:
Oh so they would rather rack up a huge bill and be indebted the rest of their lives. Sure..
Hospitals that aren't county do indeed write off bills as uncollectable, some even have charities set up to help fund care for the uninsured.

Quote:
And you bet they are full...mostly of uninsured people.
You just denied would actually be there in the first place. LoL. Now you agree.

Quote:
Actually if an uninsured person ends up at outside of a County Hospital once they are stabilized the rest of the care needed is dealt with on a person to person basis. Some are even transferred to the County Hospital if the care is going to be extensive.
Depends on how extensive their case is. And they may not be transferred to the County Hospital if their medical necessity is severe enough, they may find themselves at a better facility.

Old 02-08-2013, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Every state has them but the ones I find here are outrageous. I consult with all of the hospitals in my neck of the woods and then some.

I trained all throughout the TMC and never once came across anything remotely close to what I have found here.

Bay Area hospitals fined for violations - SFGate
I feing faux outrage as well. Grrrrr....

Parkland hit with largest fine in Texas history for patient safety violations | Dallas Morning News Patient Safety Investigations and Special Reports - News for Dallas, Texas - The Dallas Morning News

Old 02-08-2013, 11:15 PM

Yep when you google TX hospital violations only Parkland shows up.

It is the largest County Hospital in Dallas....far far away from the Texas Medical Center in Houston.

But when you Google CA hosptial violations.

Old 02-08-2013, 11:20 PM

Quote:
Yep when you google TX hospital violations only Parkland shows up.

It is the largest County Hospital in Dallas....far far away from the Texas Medical Center in Houston.

But you will find many more than just one when you Google CA hosptial violations.
Ya'all do have lenient regulators. That's supposedly one of your strengths.

There's endless violations on google, 8,860.000 hits btw, that's for Texas Hospital Violations. But I'm not going to link em all.

Lubbock Heart, Hardemann County Memorial.... list seems endless with that many hits.

Old 02-08-2013, 11:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austinite101 View Post
Ok now you are just looking crazy. TMC is very prestigious, but saying it blows UCSF and Stanford out of the water makes you look like some of the boosters I've seen on CD. It's like trying to say Rice blows Yale or Princeton out of the water. What was that saying against anecdotal evidence again...?
Can you identify TVC for me here Austinite? I think she's in there somewhere:

2, 4, 6, 8 TMC sure is great. And kick...

Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders dancing to "Shakin' That Tailgate" by Trailer Choir - YouTube

Old 02-08-2013, 11:25 PM

16,588 posts, read 27,375,337 times
Quote:
I could care less what respect you have for me. Your statement was purely ignorant.
Good thing cause I just lost it. So much for common ground. What a waste.

Old 02-08-2013, 11:30 PM

Quote:
Ya'all do have lenient regulators. That's supposedly one of your strengths.

There's endless violations on google, 8,860.000 hits btw, that's for Texas Hospital Violations. But I'm not going to link em all.
Wow you clearly have no clue what you are talking about!

TX follows the same laws and regualtions that all hospital have to follow in the US.

TMC has the highest standards I have ever seen in career.

This state has lenient and incompetent inspectors. This is why the violations that I have come across have been occurring for over 20 years. When these violations are brought to attention the same thing always comes out of their mouth. Why didn't the Joint Commission find them? You want to know why?

Here is why...The Joint Commission is not a complete monopoly and while many states in the U.S. make use of their services, not all do. Some states have set up their own alternative assessment procedures; the Joint Commission is not recognized for state licensure in the states of Oklahoma (except for hospital-based outpatient mental health services), Pennsylvania, and Wisconsin. In California, The Joint Commission is part of a joint survey process with state authorities.

^That is scary considering how poorly this state is run.

Now you can talk about all the crappy hospitals in TX that you want but I am strictly speaking of the Texas Medical Center in Houston.

It is one the best in the world. Better than anything CA has to offer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California