Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-09-2013, 12:12 AM

6,802 posts, read 6,714,500 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nullgeo View Post
As I have said before, I got no particular beef with Texas, other than I just plain don't like the place. And TMC is clearly a very fine institution indeed. And while it ranks way up near the top for cancer, it doesnt appear to make the top 17 spots for overall quality of health care / medicine in the nation as measured by the very well known and highly regarded US News annual medical rankings ... yet UCLA and UCSF do:
U.S. News Best Hospitals 2012-13: the Honor Roll - US News and World Report
Darnit. Here I am having a fine largely factless argument going on and you have to do that.

I seem to have given UCLA slightly less credit than they are deserving.

TVC, add UCLA to the list of hospitals I think are at least equivalent to TMC for scorekeeping purposes.

Old 02-09-2013, 12:16 AM

Location: Central Bay Area, CA as of Jan 2010...but still a proud Texan from Houston!
7,484 posts, read 10,447,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senno View Post
That would be one of those federal regs I referenced.
No what you were trying to say is that all states go by their own regualtions. CLIA is the same set of regulations that all US hospitals must follow. They don't get to pick and choose.

You clearly have no clue what you are talking about.

Quote:
Anywho, UCSF is a superior teaching school to TMC (I don't know why I think of TMZ when I type that) and at least equivalent to if not superior overall. If TMC is so great, go to work there.
Whatever floats your boat. It's actually comical to make such a statement.

Old 02-09-2013, 12:17 AM

Location: Central Bay Area, CA as of Jan 2010...but still a proud Texan from Houston!
Quote:
Darnit. Here I am having a fine largely factless argument going on and you have to do that.

I seem to have given UCLA slightly less credit than they are deserving.

TVC, add UCLA to the list of hospitals I think are at least equivalent to TMC for scorekeeping purposes.
Sorry guys but that is not the offical site for Hospital Rankings!

Old 02-09-2013, 12:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVC15 View Post
No what you were trying to say is that all states go by their own regualtions. CLIA is the same set of regulations that all US hospitals must follow. They don't get to pick and choose.

You clearly have no clue what you are talking about.

Whatever floats your boat. It's actually comical to make such a statement.
.... Are you sure you are in the United States?

States regulate hospitals and the Feds do as well...

Hospitals absolutely do not pick and choose. They have to follow both state and federal law....

Are you sure you work in healthcare?

Is english a second language?

I referenced state and federal regulations.

Here is what I said btw:

Quote:
Hospitals follow their own state laws, and then there are federal laws overlapping and extending. All regulations aren't the same state to state due to the state laws.

You are the one that expanded to smaller hospitals with your link. I simply showed ya 8 million plus hits about violations in Texas and made a small joke about your regulators. Thought you'd appreciate that as a Texan who likes less regulations.

TMC is equivalent to many hospitals in CA, and I don't think it's superior to UCSF in any way, shape or form.
See, state and federal...

Old 02-09-2013, 12:21 AM

Wow Looky here!

M.D. Anderson ranked the top Cancer Hospital in the WORLD!

U.S. News Best Hospitals: Cancer

Old 02-09-2013, 12:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVC15 View Post
Wow Looky here!

M.D. Anderson ranked the top Cancer Hospital in the WORLD!

U.S. News Best Hospitals: Cancer
hey looky. UCLA at number 9. Not 20 years behind TMC or 3rd world conditions. Shocking I know.

If in CA head to UCLA, Texas TMC. /shrug

hey, UCSF at 12...

Holy cow, I can get world class cancer treatment in Duarte. City of Hope at number 23. Never knew that about Duarte...

Yippee Stanford at 15.

Umm, how many top 20 does Texas have anyway?

Old 02-09-2013, 12:24 AM

Quote:
.... Are you sure you are in the United States?

States regulate hospitals and the Feds do as well...

Hospitals absolutely do not pick and choose. They have to follow both state and federal law....

Are you sure you work in healthcare?

Is english a second language?

I referenced state and federal regulations.
Go back and read what I wrote. They don't get to pick and choose.

Of course they must follow federal law...CLIA is Federal Law.

Old 02-09-2013, 12:26 AM

Quote:
hey looky. UCLA at number 9. Not 20 years behind TMC or 3rd world conditions. Shocking I know.

Did I say all hospitals in CA are 3rd world? /shrug

Many in the Bay Area have 3rd world standards is what I said.

Old 02-09-2013, 12:26 AM

16,588 posts, read 27,387,426 times
My problem right now is, I can't sit here and bag on Texas. The only person bagging on CA is a FORMER Texan now Californian. Let's just watch the hypocrisy unfold no?

Old 02-09-2013, 12:27 AM

Quote:

hey, UCSF at 12...

Yippee Stanford at 15.

Umm, how many top 20 does Texas have anyway?
But none are number one! Not even close
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California