Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2013, 01:04 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,479,020 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senno View Post
We have reasonable DA's. /shrug
Yeah. A few.

You can stop bird-doggin'/butt-sharkin' me anytime now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2013, 01:08 PM

6,390 posts, read 9,684,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon
Obviously even when you're wrong. CA has no 'Castle Doctrine.' "Use a gun, go to jail" is a more likely scenario even in self-defense. But what does a former CA cop know?
Quote:
We have reasonable DA's. /shrug
Why just the other day , we had a justifiable homeowner shooting a perp over in Los Osos, California law supported him. I have never been too sure how versed in the law parole officers or prison guards are, certainly not like a DA, or even a cop on the beat.

Old 02-07-2013, 01:10 PM

6,802 posts, read 6,715,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
Yeah. A few.

Can't help disagreeing with ya sometimes, Curmy. /shrug

We are here to talk after all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by .highnlite View Post
Why just the other day , we had a justifiable homeowner shooting a perp over in Los Osos, California law supported him. I have never been too sure how versed in the law parole officers or prison guards are, certainly not like a DA, or even a cop on the beat.
I don't know either. I knew several prison guards that were fine tennis players, though.

Last edited by Senno; 02-07-2013 at 01:23 PM..

Old 02-07-2013, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by .highnlite View Post
Perhaps as often as self-syled experts on everything. The difference is that even narcotics agents (on the street/beat) and those who spent over a decade writing forensic law are willing to admit when they might be wrong. You never have/will even when you are, which is often.

MOD CUT

Last edited by NewToCA; 02-11-2013 at 08:05 AM.. Reason: personal attack

Old 02-07-2013, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senno View Post
Can't help disagreeing with ya sometimes, Curmy. /shrug

I don't know either.
You should have stopped there.

Old 02-07-2013, 03:04 PM

Quote:
You should have stopped there.
Nah. I thought the prison guards I knew were highly relevant to the situation.

One is on the Corcoran SHU which I hear is a tough job.

Is something wrong with you, Curmy?

Old 02-07-2013, 03:04 PM

7,150 posts, read 10,898,467 times
Quote:
Perrhaps as often as self-syled experts on everything. The difference is that even narcotics agents (on the street/beat) and those who spent a decade writing forensic law are willing to admit when they might be wrong. You never have/will even when you are, which is often.

MOD CUT.
You referring to yourself here? If so, you mean like when you insult the nation's war veterans with haughty pontifications? Such as you just did here:
http://www.city-data.com/forum/28138394-post50.html

No need to apologize to me, sir ... you don't have it in you, I see ... I have not treated you with the slightest disrespect in probably well over a year ... yet you continue to snark my way again and again. You don't like me? Meh. Lots of people don't. But you impugn others constantly as well, and in the post referenced you dismiss an entirely worthy category of citizens without the slightest respect for what they have given. Keep it up. You only reveal yourself as you would rather not.

I own guns, but I don't like guns. Nothing strange about it. I own three computers. I don't like computers. These are all parts of present day realities. I don't see the contradiction. We all live with lots of things we don't like. And I certainly don't see the need to ridicule you for liking your guns. Hell, other than some sharp-witted humor we threw at each other a few years back, I haven't even criticized you for liking Missouri.

Last edited by NewToCA; 02-11-2013 at 08:06 AM..

Old 02-07-2013, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nullgeo View Post
You referring to yourself here? If so, you mean like when you insult the nation's war veterans with haughty pontifications? Such as you just did here:
http://www.city-data.com/forum/28138394-post50.html

No need to apologize to me, sir ... you don't have it in you, I see ... I have not treated you with the slightest disrespect in probably well over a year ... yet you continue to snark my way again and again. You don't like me? Meh. Lots of people don't. But you impugn others constantly as well, and in the post referenced you dismiss an entirely worthy category of citizens without the slightest respect for what they have given. Keep it up. You only reveal yourself as you would rather not.

I own guns, but I don't like guns. Nothing strange about it. I own three computers. I don't like computers. These are all parts of present day realities. I don't see the contradiction. We all live with lots of things we don't like. And I certainly don't see the need to ridicule you for liking your guns. Hell, other than some sharp-witted humor we threw at each other a few years back, I haven't even criticized you for liking Missouri.
You follow your leader admirably, Grasshopper.

For me to insult combat veterans would be to insult myself so don't even go there, Boyo. It's weak and a cheap shot. But perhaps that's all you and your master are capable of.

And now I'm done with you too so pontificate at will. Alas, I had thought better of you.

Old 02-07-2013, 03:39 PM

7,150 posts, read 10,898,467 times
Quote:
You follow your leader admirably, Grasshopper.

For me to insult combat veterans would be to insult myself so don't even go there, Boyo. It's weak and a cheap shot. But perhaps that's all you and your master are capable of.

And now I'm done with you too so pontificate at will. Alas, I had thought better of you.
Really? You wrote on occasions in the past that you had never served in Vietnam nor in combat ... now I see you have? Where and when?

The only cheap shots delivered here sir, have been by you. Your comments to me are uncalled for and your previous comment about veterans "needing to get over it" are unbelievably shameless ... I work with veterans constantly and I assure you every one of them would take offense at your inferences.

You "thought better of me"? ... you have had a funny way of showing it ... just the opposite ... again and again and again I let it go ... but with the wave of your pontifical scepter you continue.

Old 02-07-2013, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Yeah. A few.

I am but a harmless seal Curmudgeon.

Actually if I was doing anything I'd quote all your posts maybe and argue every point ya ever made. But I don't. Shoot, lots of times your one-liners make me laugh. I quote ya very few times, really. And mostly joke with ya cause what you said I found funny.

Uhh, gun insurance. I think I'd have to register the revolver first before worrying about that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California