Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2013, 10:46 PM

19,166 posts, read 16,585,247 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
That is the way it has always worked. Why would this be different?

It wouldn't. Any place they can squeeze another dime from people, they'll do it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2013, 10:41 AM

880 posts, read 1,412,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HereOnMars View Post
And that's for the tax that will be imposed this summer. I wonder how much it will be when (or if) legislators vote to raise the tax on oil extractions in California. Surely, the oil companies, refineries and shareholders aren't going to just take the loss, are they? I'm thinking it will be passed down to the consumer.
Yep, don't tax the rich, just make it look that way. Tax everyone. The CA way.

Old 02-28-2013, 11:25 AM

21,672 posts, read 16,206,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonard64 View Post
Yep, don't tax the rich, just make it look that way. Tax everyone. The CA way.
This isn't done other places? Just California?

Old 02-28-2013, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
This isn't done other places? Just California?
What's the problem? Are you trying to start an argument? He was just stating his opinion. You seem to have a problem with some of our posts. It's just a discussion. Lighten up.

Old 02-28-2013, 11:37 AM

21,672 posts, read 16,206,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HereOnMars View Post
What's the problem? Are you trying to start an argument? He was just stating his opinion. You seem to have a problem with some of our posts. It's just a discussion. Lighten up.
What is less "discussion" about my comments than anybody else? What is "lightened up" about complaining about perfectly normal inflation? What is light about normal change cast in a bad light as if it only happens in California?

Old 02-28-2013, 12:16 PM

Normal? No. There are places in the U.S. with lower gas prices. It's always the same thing in California. Blame it on inflation? Wrong, but think what you want.

Other states weren't part of the discussion because the thread is related to California issues. And your comments weren't actually comments, just questions deflecting from away from the real topic. Asking if something is done somewhere else is deflecting.

Steel7, let's just hope none of these taxes go into effect but with Summer coming, it's a sure bet they will.

Old 02-28-2013, 06:16 PM

9,894 posts, read 21,976,453 times
The legislature passed the gas tax increase today. As of july 1st state gas tax will increase 3.5 cents to a whopping 39 cents a gallon. Its amazing that people continue to vote for these greedy people. A barrel of oil dropped to 91.00 yet gas is quite high in ca with no relief in sight.

Old 02-28-2013, 06:25 PM

4,108 posts, read 10,775,354 times
Is it me, or does NorCal (where Ms. Evans is from) have the hold on power (and lunacy) in California?

Maybe I don't pay attention, but I don't see this type of lunacy ever coming out of LA/OC/IE/San Diego.

Old 02-28-2013, 06:33 PM

9,894 posts, read 21,976,453 times
Its ashame we keep getting screwed in ca. The only real solution is to move out of state.

Old 02-28-2013, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EclecticEars View Post
Is it me, or does NorCal (where Ms. Evans is from) have the hold on power (and lunacy) in California?

Maybe I don't pay attention, but I don't see this type of lunacy ever coming out of LA/OC/IE/San Diego.
She doesn't have any more power than any of the other Assembly members in Sacramento. She's just gung-ho on environmental issues and thinks she's going to save the state by making big oil pay more to extract from the state. What's so danged annoying is every single one of them seem to miss the bigger picture. They want to tax one entity that affects consumers and the consumers are the ones who end up paying more, not the entity being taxed.

You may have the same lunacy coming out of LA/OC/IE/San Diego but just don't pay that much attention. How many people really know who their representative is in Sacramento, anyway? Except for a small population who stay abreast of politics, few could care less what happens . . . until something happens that affects them and they start squawkin' about it.

Ms. Evans represents the second district which includes the areas in Humboldt, Lake, Mendocino, Sonoma, and Napa counties. I think I read that she lives in Santa Rosa.

Members of the California Assembly can be found here.

California State Legislature—Districts
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California