Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2013, 08:43 PM

75 posts, read 105,257 times

Advertisements

Because your idea that cops let drunks go doesn't pass the official bullpuckey test.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2013, 09:25 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,692,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A girl from Stockton,CA View Post
No, i'm not 12 but I'm old enough to ignore a loud mouth dog barking at nothing.

You are sadly misinformed about DUI contact and arrest procedures for the City of Stockton Police Dept.

Woof.

Old 05-15-2013, 12:28 PM

103 posts, read 274,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClovisCowboy View Post
Because your idea that cops let drunks go doesn't pass the official bullpuckey test.
Well it has happened here, did I say it happens all the time no I didn't. And I know enough police officers to know the truth.

Old 05-15-2013, 02:18 PM

1 posts, read 6,269 times
I’ve been living here for two years. There’s been some minor property crime (Detached garage break-ins, car vandalism), normal city things. Aside from breaking up a loud party and having a guy offer to sell me his EBT credits for cash at Safeway, nothing shady has happened to me in person. /knock wood.

If safety is a priority over price, I’d check out Lodi. That’s my hometown. It’s eight miles north of Stockton, and a pretty average place. It’ll be slightly more expensive rental wise for this reason.

Good luck with your move.

Old 05-17-2013, 11:38 AM

7,688 posts, read 29,149,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Why not live in Sacramento?
I was going to say Modesto, actually. Very underrated city.

Old 05-25-2013, 03:25 PM

15 posts, read 41,092 times
i lived there for 20 years.

Brookside, spanos, lincoln village and some areas around UOP are your best bet.

Stay the hell away California street. That is a very bad area!

The worst areas in southside: conway housing projects, charter/mlk, boss track area, Vista homes, 8th and B st
The worst areas in northside: fox creek/valverde park/bernay area, townehome/g-block area, kelly drive/don ave, plantation st, sandman park area, Bedlow and astor, hammer lane and tam-o-shanter.
Worst areas on east side (east side is the worst area): wilson way, market street
worst areas in Central stockton: manchester, California street, the apartments surrounding oakpark, airport.
worst areas on west side: country club, luis park (avoid luis park at all costs)

Old 06-08-2013, 08:48 AM

4 posts, read 13,200 times
This is my 1st time to comment on moving to Stockton and living in Stockton. Originally I was working in Silicon Valley and renting a house in Fremont. But, decided to buy a home for my family. Stockton had homes in my price range (less than $100K). Gas was about $1.50 a gallon and I thought the savings on renting versus buying a home justified the move to Stockton. I did not spend the time to check out ALL of the things concerning Stockton: crime, weather, schools, job market, and many other important things that affects your life.
But, I am now in the process of leaving Stockton after living here for over 27 years (bought a house here in 1986). My house is located near the shopping malls and close to my workplace. The big change that has happened since 1986 when I bought this home was the lingering job losses, Great Recession, home foreclosures, increased crime, downsizing of the Stockton Police force, elimination of city services, and on and on.
So, I would advise anyone who is thinking about relocating to Stockton for the sole reason that the homes are cheap(er) to purchase; Stockton has been transformed into a city that is bankrupt; that is top-rate in all crime categories and the elected leaders are blind to the real world in the Stockton neighborhoods.

Old 06-08-2013, 03:47 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,692,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemck View Post
This is my 1st time to comment on moving to Stockton and living in Stockton. Originally I was working in Silicon Valley and renting a house in Fremont. But, decided to buy a home for my family. Stockton had homes in my price range (less than $100K). Gas was about $1.50 a gallon and I thought the savings on renting versus buying a home justified the move to Stockton. I did not spend the time to check out ALL of the things concerning Stockton: crime, weather, schools, job market, and many other important things that affects your life.
But, I am now in the process of leaving Stockton after living here for over 27 years (bought a house here in 1986). My house is located near the shopping malls and close to my workplace. The big change that has happened since 1986 when I bought this home was the lingering job losses, Great Recession, home foreclosures, increased crime, downsizing of the Stockton Police force, elimination of city services, and on and on.
So, I would advise anyone who is thinking about relocating to Stockton for the sole reason that the homes are cheap(er) to purchase; Stockton has been transformed into a city that is bankrupt; that is top-rate in all crime categories and the elected leaders are blind to the real world in the Stockton neighborhoods.
Well........ Bye.....

Old 06-08-2013, 05:41 PM

30,345 posts, read 51,930,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
Is that what you currently pay for an place to live in San Jose?
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarcastistic View Post
No way, in San Jose I pay that much to live in a tiny studio that is more like a mini motel room.
Haha. In San Jose, you're actually LUCKY if you found a studio for $800! I live in SJ, and pay $1575 for a 1br in a decent - but not fancy - neighborhood.

I lived in Stockton many moons ago, so can't really talk about the current rental prices... but I was off March Lane (Feather River Dr) for a while, and then the Grouse Run area (Canal Dr) back in 1999-2002. They were both nice neighborhoods, never had any issues with crime or anything, and at the time I paid like $800 for a 2br and $575 for a 1br.

Old 12-05-2015, 08:11 PM

5 posts, read 11,667 times
My family and I are looking to move out there as well and I just want to know where's the best areas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California