Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2013, 10:48 PM

364 posts, read 611,066 times

Advertisements

California bill would let illegal immigrants serve on juries | Fox News

It's the Democrats sandbox. So they can do whatever they want. And here's what you get.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2013, 11:03 PM

4,108 posts, read 10,800,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshine7793 View Post
California bill would let illegal immigrants serve on juries | Fox News

It's the Democrats sandbox. So they can do whatever they want. And here's what you get.
This Rep. Wieckowski is the same guy that wrote a bill that would basically take away Californians' opportunity for due process if they are given a red light camera ticket. Look it up, it is corporate welfare done passive-aggressively.

He's a jack*ss.

Old 04-25-2013, 11:07 PM

24,396 posts, read 26,946,756 times
That makes sense! Let's allow people that are currently breaking the law decide the law. I call out idiotic legislation on both sides of the aisle and this is a ridiculous bill.

Old 04-25-2013, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
That makes sense! Let's allow people that are currently breaking the law decide the law. I call out idiotic legislation on both sides of the aisle and this is a ridiculous bill.
And a ridiculous bill that passed the Assembly, 45-25.

I've been on a ridiculous law spree today. I just posted in the Kentucky forum about the Tea Party's attack on public libraries there and how two judges have mandated nearly catastrophic reductions in local library tax rates.

One thing we seem to excel in in this country is idiocy.

Old 04-25-2013, 11:15 PM

24,396 posts, read 26,946,756 times
They don't have enough things to do in government, so that is how these idiotic ideas surface. I think anything not related the very basics should be left for voters to decide directly during elections.

Old 04-25-2013, 11:20 PM

I know a lot of Californians don't want to read this, but...

We should go to the legislative model that states like Texas, Mississippi and Kentucky have. Legislators with much less pay who meet for a 30- or 60-day session every year or two (not counting special budget sessions). This way, they have much less time to fiddle around with asinine ideas.

Of course, Texas proposed legislation this year that would ban car companies from constructing new lots unless they sell multiple brands, or something along those lines. So, Tesla was wanting to open a dealership in Austin and its president sent out an e-mail encouraging Tesla employees to prod their Texas relatives to march upon Austin and get this bill shut down. More corporate pandering. So, even in more efficiently-operated Texas are they not perfect. S**t happens.

Old 04-26-2013, 05:27 AM

14,129 posts, read 31,248,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EclecticEars View Post
We should go to the legislative model that states like Texas, Mississippi and Kentucky have. Legislators with much less pay who meet for a 30- or 60-day session every year or two (not counting special budget sessions). This way, they have much less time to fiddle around with asinine ideas..
I live in a state like that and it doesn't seem to prevent idiotic legislation. Our "part-time" legislators almost outlawed baggy pants and voted to stick probes in women seeking abortions. They may only meet part time but they're thinking about this cr** on a full time basis. All it would do would force them to make bad decisions faster.

Old 04-26-2013, 06:44 AM

23,593 posts, read 37,471,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAVA1990 View Post
I live in a state like that and it doesn't seem to prevent idiotic legislation. Our "part-time" legislators almost outlawed baggy pants and voted to stick probes in women seeking abortions. They may only meet part time but they're thinking about this cr** on a full time basis. All it would do would force them to make bad decisions faster.
As do I. You're right, you still get what I used to call SUBs - Stupid Useless Bills - but a whole lot fewer. The members are paid a whole lot less ($31,350 per session) and then they're out of our hair for seven months.

Old 04-26-2013, 07:57 AM

21,734 posts, read 16,341,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
As do I. You're right, you still get what I used to call SUBs - Stupid Useless Bills - but a whole lot fewer. The members are paid a whole lot less ($31,350 per session) and then they're out of our hair for seven months.
Some of us don't have enough hair left for them to get tangled in. They don't bother me a bit one way or the other. Fishing line I got tangles sometimes.

Old 04-26-2013, 08:06 AM

176 posts, read 348,751 times
I don't understand how these people stay in office when they're viewed by the public as moronic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California