Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2013, 02:00 AM

4,795 posts, read 12,321,739 times

Advertisements

The difference is the illegals would be jumping the border fence at the Oregon border instead of the California/Mexico border.

Old 05-11-2013, 08:57 AM

21,564 posts, read 16,058,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanhawk View Post
The difference is the illegals would be jumping the border fence at the Oregon border instead of the California/Mexico border.
Uh-huh. The"illegals" from what would be the world's 5th best economy would be climbing border fences to leave some of the most productive, beautiful lands on earth with arguably finest weather -- to get into the sopping wet, cold, dreary, economically-challenged paradise of Oregon. No question about it.

Old 05-11-2013, 09:06 AM

10,420 posts, read 10,766,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
What do you mean, "if it was given to Mexico"? Do you know anything about the history of CA and the greater Southwest? CA belonged to Mexico to begin with. It was taken from Mexico in a war. "If it was given to Mexico" when? Now? At some time in the past? Do you mean, what would CA be like if the US hadn't taken it, and it had remained with Mexico? Please clarify your question.

Where do you hear "oftentimes" that CA "should be part of Mexico"? Who talks like this? Who do you hang out with, that you would hear such a thing?
Blah Blah Blah...it all "belonged" to the Native American People to begin with....and the dinosaurs before that.

Old 05-11-2013, 09:43 AM

604 posts, read 1,298,210 times
I will put on my hat and consider this extreme hypothetical.

It is all coming into sharp relief, I see arch-conservatives fleeing, every one else remaining, as it's just to unbelievable to believe to be true, and actually wouldn't happen in a million years.

Hey, sounds amazingly like now.

If the dinosuars return and make a claim please let us know Pretzel.

Old 05-11-2013, 12:43 PM

335 posts, read 515,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
Uh-huh. The"illegals" from what would be the world's 5th best economy would be climbing border fences to leave some of the most productive, beautiful lands on earth with arguably finest weather -- to get into the sopping wet, cold, dreary, economically-challenged paradise of Oregon. No question about it.
Psss...don't think Cali has ever ranked as the world's 5th best economy , and presently California's economy is the 12th largest economy in the world (2012).

Keep trying to spread the spin though, it's soooo transparently easy to recognize your condition

[IMG]http://i887.photobucket.com/albums/ac71/SnickersPB/Political%20Images/*******.jpg[/IMG]

Old 05-11-2013, 01:48 PM

604 posts, read 1,298,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biz901 View Post
Psss...don't think Cali has ever ranked as the world's 5th best economy , and presently California's economy is the 12th largest economy in the world (2012).

Keep trying to spread the spin though, it's soooo transparently easy to recognize your condition
I suppose most readers would realize he is discussing the hypothetical case presented.

Just stick to bathroom mirror glamour shots, Biz. That's really not becoming.

Old 05-11-2013, 01:50 PM

16,581 posts, read 27,248,742 times
Quote:

Quote:
Since the 1970s, California has ranked 7th biggest world economy, although for a couple of years in 1984 and 1985, California was the 5th largest economy in the world.
California economy ranking in the world - California Economy | EconPost

Old 05-11-2013, 03:14 PM

Quote:

Say. Here's a plan. You being so bright and all. Take California's economy (equal to the 9th largest world economy right now, by the way, just saying) and add it to Mexico's economy (currently the world's 14th biggest). Then insert that total to the rankings list of world economies and see where it falls.

(Hint: right between France @ 5th -- and Germany @ 4th).

What with you being the big Biz guy I'm sure the math will be a snap.

Old 05-11-2013, 07:31 PM

767 posts, read 1,735,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
Say. Here's a plan. You being so bright and all. Take California's economy (equal to the 9th largest world economy right now, by the way, just saying) and add it to Mexico's economy (currently the world's 14th biggest). Then insert that total to the rankings list of world economies and see where it falls.

(Hint: right between France @ 5th -- and Germany @ 4th).

What with you being the big Biz guy I'm sure the math will be a snap.
all good and well, but u have lost sight of the question at issue which happens to be the thread title

Old 05-11-2013, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjnative View Post
all good and well, but u have lost sight of the question at issue which happens to be the thread title
How do you figure? Haven't lost sight of a thing. Here I'll help you understand.

I pointed out that when you combine California's GDP with Mexico's GDP you get 5th world GDP ranking.

Then a poster cracks wise about the "illegals" getting the money from the improved economy.

I point out the "illegals" wouldn't be "illegal" in the combined country.

Someone else cracks wise that well the "illegals" (still missing the point) would just start invading the U.S. by the Oregon border.

I point out "why would they"?

Now you say I missed the point.

And I point out you missed the whole conversation.

Up to date now?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California