U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 05-18-2013, 06:49 PM
 
344 posts, read 864,599 times
Reputation: 324

Advertisements

I've been to CA and loved it. Scared to move there though due to a struggling economy, high taxes, very high cost of living, etc.

But every time I go there or see pictures or videos of the beach, the mountains, the cliffs, the desert, I love it all. I live on the east coast so I don't get much of that type of terrain that's clearly "west coast"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-18-2013, 08:51 PM
 
Location: here
24,839 posts, read 29,977,838 times
Reputation: 32387
Even if you'd been born there, the economy would still be struggling, taxes would still be high, the cost of living would still be high.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-18-2013, 09:47 PM
 
11,715 posts, read 35,875,875 times
Reputation: 7510
Urban Dictionary: mt. fuji effect

Urban Dictionary: The grass is always greener on the other side of the fence
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-18-2013, 09:55 PM
 
Location: Las Flores, Orange County, CA
26,346 posts, read 82,801,440 times
Reputation: 17500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie555 View Post
I've been to CA and loved it. Scared to move there though due to a struggling economy, high taxes, very high cost of living, etc.

But every time I go there or see pictures or videos of the beach, the mountains, the cliffs, the desert, I love it all. I live on the east coast so I don't get much of that type of terrain that's clearly "west coast"
Actually, The places in California with jobs are expensive. There are even places with jobs that aren't expensive like Sacramento. (I didn't check but maybe Bakersfield, Modesto, Fresno, San Bernardino have jobs for skilled workers.)

And, the east coast is similar, where there are jobs (NYC, NoVA, BOS), it is expensive. The big difference is our weather. If a person can afford BOS, or NYC or NoVA, they probably could afford, LA or SF or SD.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-18-2013, 09:55 PM
 
Location: Sierra Nevada Land, CA
8,350 posts, read 9,080,236 times
Reputation: 12965
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie555 View Post
I've been to CA and loved it. Scared to move there though due to a struggling economy, high taxes, very high cost of living, etc.

But every time I go there or see pictures or videos of the beach, the mountains, the cliffs, the desert, I love it all. I live on the east coast so I don't get much of that type of terrain that's clearly "west coast"
Well you probably won't make it in New York, Connecticut or Vermont either.

But as they say you get what you pay for. Have you considered Kentucky? It's cheap to live there.

And just so you know our economy is just fine.

Economy of California - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-18-2013, 10:00 PM
 
7,150 posts, read 8,772,061 times
Reputation: 3806
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr5150 View Post
Well you probably won't make it in New York, Connecticut or Vermont either.

But as they say you get what you pay for. Have you considered Kentucky? It's cheap to live there.

And just so you know our economy is just fine.

Economy of California - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
And our taxes aren't particularly high either ... unless, of course, you are earning in the multiple hundreds of thousands of $$ a year and higher ... and if you were, you wouldn't be worried about moving here, huh.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-19-2013, 09:44 PM
 
Location: the illegal immigrant state
757 posts, read 1,462,994 times
Reputation: 1017
i think the ca n ur imagination is different than the one we live n

if u did grow up here, u would prolly b embittered as u would c the state slowly ruined by liberal politicians and the multiplying welfare people they dote over

i personally wish i grew up away from the thuggish losers who ruined their home countries and then came to ca to ruin the usa too
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-19-2013, 09:50 PM
 
167 posts, read 118,662 times
Reputation: 109
Same here SJnative. So where did your family immigrate to here from anyway?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-20-2013, 11:02 AM
 
Location: Newark, CA
2,160 posts, read 4,717,257 times
Reputation: 3250
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjnative View Post
i think the ca n ur imagination is different than the one we live n

if u did grow up here, u would prolly b embittered as u would c the state slowly ruined by liberal politicians and the multiplying welfare people they dote over

i personally wish i grew up away from the thuggish losers who ruined their home countries and then came to ca to ruin the usa too
"Textese" is not a real language.

I'll help you out a little bit here...

"u"= YOU
"prolly"= PROBABLY
"ur"=YOUR


We're not on cell phones here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-20-2013, 11:05 AM
 
Location: Betsyville
104 posts, read 234,813 times
Reputation: 122
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibbiekat View Post
Even if you'd been born there, the economy would still be struggling, taxes would still be high, the cost of living would still be high.
Agree.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:51 AM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top