Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2013, 11:31 PM

12,973 posts, read 15,793,565 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post
If its a prescription medication.. scheduled narco or not.. its covered under the Business and Professions code or Health and Safety code

You cannot legally give, take, or receive, or use another persons med.. end of story

As to whether this would ever be discovered... highly doubtful
Cite the sections. I do not believe you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2013, 12:17 AM

19,201 posts, read 16,675,444 times
The Controlled Substances Act of Title 21 Food and Drug Administration U.S. Code 13 for Drug Abuse Prevention and Control is the national regulation, which the states adhere to. According to the 1986 Subsection of. Pub. L. 99-570 to "knowingly or intentionally to possess a controlled substance" not lawfully obtained from a doctor could lead to a year in prison or a $5,000 fine, or both on a first conviction. The penalty for a second offense doubles the penalties.

Prescription sharing includes not only the actual sharing of a prescription drug, but also the theft and unauthorized sale of prescription drugs. Theft can include a family member taking the prescriptions from another member of the household or taking prescriptions from a stranger. The sale of prescription drugs that have been stolen is also prohibited by federal and state law. The National Drug Intelligence Center (NDIC), a division of the U.S. Justice Department, reports that the most common means for individuals over age 12 to acquire prescriptions for non-medical uses is from a family member.

Read more: Laws Against Sharing Prescription Drugs With a Friend | eHow Laws Against Sharing Prescription Drugs With a Friend | eHow

It's just plain dumb to take a drug that has been prescribed for someone else. Each person's body chemistry is different. That's why doctors ask you if you're allergic to anything before prescribing. Seriously, people in this country can be so stupid when it comes to messing with drugs, legal or illegal.

Old 05-21-2013, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereOnMars View Post
The Controlled Substances Act of Title 21 Food and Drug Administration U.S. Code 13 for Drug Abuse Prevention and Control is the national regulation, which the states adhere to. According to the 1986 Subsection of. Pub. L. 99-570 to "knowingly or intentionally to possess a controlled substance" not lawfully obtained from a doctor could lead to a year in prison or a $5,000 fine, or both on a first conviction. The penalty for a second offense doubles the penalties.

Prescription sharing includes not only the actual sharing of a prescription drug, but also the theft and unauthorized sale of prescription drugs. Theft can include a family member taking the prescriptions from another member of the household or taking prescriptions from a stranger. The sale of prescription drugs that have been stolen is also prohibited by federal and state law. The National Drug Intelligence Center (NDIC), a division of the U.S. Justice Department, reports that the most common means for individuals over age 12 to acquire prescriptions for non-medical uses is from a family member.

Read more: Laws Against Sharing Prescription Drugs With a Friend | eHow Laws Against Sharing Prescription Drugs With a Friend | eHow

It's just plain dumb to take a drug that has been prescribed for someone else. Each person's body chemistry is different. That's why doctors ask you if you're allergic to anything before prescribing. Seriously, people in this country can be so stupid when it comes to messing with drugs, legal or illegal.
This is a technical discussion about the difference between a scheduled drug and one which is not.

It is not about sharing or not sharing drugs.

Old 05-21-2013, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvoc View Post
This is a technical discussion about the difference between a scheduled drug and one which is not.

It is not about sharing or not sharing drugs.
No? Didn't the OP ask about whether it was illegal to share prescription medication? I thought she did.

California Drug Laws and Sharing of a Prescription Question...

Old 05-21-2013, 11:55 AM

Quote:
No? Didn't the OP ask about whether it was illegal to share prescription medication? I thought she did.

California Drug Laws and Sharing of a Prescription Question...
Follow the thread. Sharing a prescription drug is NOT illegal in CA.

Sharing a controlled Substance is illegal

Not all prescription drugs are controlled substances

Old 05-21-2013, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Follow the thread. Sharing a prescription drug is NOT illegal in CA.

Sharing a controlled Substance is illegal

Not all prescription drugs are controlled substances
What is your problem? Where did you come up with the notion I posted in regards to your recent comments? I was responding to the OP's initial post.

I know sharing a controlled substance is illegal. And while some prescription drugs may not be a controlled substance they still should not be shared. In case you missed it the first time, I'll repeat it.

It's just plain dumb to take a drug that has been prescribed for someone else. Each person's body chemistry is different. That's why doctors ask you if you're allergic to anything before prescribing.

Good grief, stop trying to control what people post on a thread.

Old 05-21-2013, 12:35 PM

Quote:
What is your problem? Where did you come up with the notion I posted in regards to your recent comments? I was responding to the OP's initial post.

I know sharing a controlled substance is illegal. And while some prescription drugs may not be a controlled substance they still should not be shared. In case you missed it the first time, I'll repeat it.

It's just plain dumb to take a drug that has been prescribed for someone else. Each person's body chemistry is different. That's why doctors ask you if you're allergic to anything before prescribing.

Good grief, stop trying to control what people post on a thread.
I have no intention of controlling what is posted here.

If you bothered to read the thread you would have discovered that effectively everyone here agrees it is not a good idea to share a drug even if legal. That includes the OP.

Popping in at the end with that which has already been well discussed does not advance the conversation.

It does however raise concerns about the intellect of the poster.

Old 05-21-2013, 12:49 PM

Really? You're going to insult me just because I post after you've all discussed the issue? I'm not allowed to comment on the original post?

Must be nice to be so perfect.

Old 05-21-2013, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Really? You're going to insult me just because I post after you've all discussed the issue? I'm not allowed to comment on the original post?

Must be nice to be so perfect.
Ohh NO

We all appreciated the masterful insight you brought to bear on the issue.

Old 05-21-2013, 06:02 PM

3,744 posts, read 4,084,005 times
Quote:
Cite the sections. I do not believe you.
Yawn,,,, there is a polite way to ask... more palatable on the internet than a blatant demand

Ill let you do a little research so you can be better informed... but I will help you out

Please see California Business and Professions codes 4320 thru 4343,, and Health and Safety code starting with 11150 H&S

If you obtain a prescription drug knowing that you are going to give it to another party you are, technically, violating the law, If you are giving a prescription drug issued to you to another you are violating the law

I made legal arrests for this all the time,, and the persons were successfully prosecuted... regularly

Please be careful with internet legal advice... I have found that usually people get in trouble

Scenario

Legal traffic stop, legal search, prescription drugs found, legal statements made ....drugs given to another
Excuse... The internet said "its ok"

the reality... it isn't going to be debated on the side of the road

Net result

Arrest.. prosecution or diversion..

Why risk giving your drugs to another person?.. let them get their own

Now lets look at the medical side.. something which I am professionally aware of as well (EMT-P)
I cannot give anyone any drug except under very controlled and specific circumstances.. after extensive training with checks and balances,, I cannot diagnose a disease (because I am not an MD)...

You want people to self dispense.. are you aware of synergy, allergic reactions, contraindications, therapeutic effect, threshold, administration parameters

If a person willfully gives another their own drug and that person has a reaction in anyway the issuer is completely legally liable ..up to and including murder

Again.. as to the original poster.. if its a fairly benign drug.. it most likely wont ever be a problem

But... as I always say to myself..

My house payment is attached to every one of my actions.... and this is what I teach new students as well

Have a nice day

notme
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California