Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2013, 10:57 PM

21,725 posts, read 16,327,107 times

Advertisements

Millions do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2013, 11:03 PM

71 posts, read 60,836 times
A physical reaction to a word? I simply don't believe that. It's not a scream or similar. I believe you are
overstating the case.

Please do not abbreviate any words then. Only full use as found in the dictionary is appropriate.

Sounds slightly ridiculous doesn't it?

Cali and Frisco are commonly used. And sorry if it offends your fragile nervous system,
somehow. Seek help for that condition, would be my recommendation, if you indeed suffer
blackboard scratch blues"

Last edited by Schaden; 05-22-2013 at 11:52 PM..

Old 05-22-2013, 11:18 PM

9,197 posts, read 16,836,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schaden View Post

Cali and Frisco are commonly used.
By wiggers. Who are fiercely annoying.

Old 05-22-2013, 11:24 PM

Then half the state is composed of wiggers. Or maybe just not those actually in SF. I've heard it commonly
all my life. Cali and Frisco, both. No one promised anyone a life free of annoyance in any case. Get over it.

What's with the labeling though? Anyone who doesn't agree with your nomenclature is a "wigger"?
Not a very "laid back" accepting attitude, really.

Old 05-22-2013, 11:49 PM

7,150 posts, read 10,893,251 times
Quote:
A physical reaction to a word? I simply don't believe that. It's not a scream or similar. I believe you are
overstating the case.

Please do not abbreviate any words then. Only full use as found in the dictionary is appropriate.

Sounds slightly ridiculous doesn't it?

Cali and Frisco are commonly used. And sorry if it offends your fragile nervous system,
somehow. Seek help for that condition
, would be my recommendation, if you indeed suffer

from "blackboard scratch blues"
Now that's funny! The Mutt's nervous system used to pull wounded out of the jungles of Vietnam, come back to the base, light a joint, smile and say "it don't mean nothin' man". I'm not sure I ever met a more level nervous system.

No, it doesn't sound ridiculous. Lots of people don't like lots of words. Why, believe it or not, some ethnicities don't react well to certain words ... and religious types damn sure don't like a lot of words. I could go on. Here's the top most disliked words of 2012:
'Whatever' slips a little, but continues reign as most annoying word - UPI.com
But beyond that list is a vast history of irritating and annoying use of language ... as old as language itself.

Old 05-22-2013, 11:56 PM

It's clear from my post that I don't believe he suffers an actual physical reaction from hearing the words.

I refer you to George Carlin on the matter of words that can't be said on TV or otherwise.

I assure you I am a pretty fair proponent of free speech, and use those terms frequently, as do
very many other people around me.

I could give a flip about religious peoples objection to "masturabation" or any other dirty words

Old 05-22-2013, 11:57 PM

Quote:
No one promised anyone a life free of annoyance in any case. .
As we can clearly see here.

Old 05-22-2013, 11:59 PM

Welcome to America. Free Speech! Love it or leave it!

Old 05-23-2013, 12:03 AM

7,150 posts, read 10,893,251 times
Quote:
It's clear from my post that I don't believe he suffers an actual physical reaction from hearing the words.

I refer you to George Carlin on the matter of words that can't be said on TV or otherwise.

I assure you I am a pretty fair proponent of free speech, and use those terms frequently, as do
very many other people around me.

I could give a flip about religious peoples objection to "masturabation" or otherwise.</p>
Well, you see it's like this: you are free to believe whatever you wish in America ... And use whatever language you desire ... And others are free to find certain words and phrases obnoxious ... And, as the Mutt said: millions do [find Frisco and Cali obnoxious].

Knock yourself out sport.

Old 05-23-2013, 12:05 AM

Quote:
Welcome to America. Free Speech! Love it or leave it!
Yeah. Some of us know the phrase. Better than others.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California