U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2013, 04:16 PM

189 posts, read 314,654 times

Advertisements

In my experience living all over USA I have found the West Coast to be least racist and most tolerant part of the country. IMHO the order of hatefullness is as follows:

West Coast<North East<Midwest<South, with the Deep South being the absolute worst.

Old 05-24-2013, 04:22 PM

211 posts, read 269,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZorbaTheGeek View Post

Oh, are we heading off-topic? Sorry, mods. No hate here, how about you, "villain"? Quite a moniker you got yourself, there. Have a nice weekend. Cheers.

Zorba over and out.
Dearest Zorba, check your spelling of "Villian", sorta pulls the rug out from under your fletching.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaijin_samurai View Post
In my experience living all over USA I have found the West Coast to be least racist and most tolerant part of the country. IMHO the order of hatefullness is as follows:

West Coast<North East<Midwest<South, with the Deep South being the absolute worst.
Yep,

Old 05-25-2013, 10:54 AM

15 posts, read 34,412 times
all the racism in CA is located in Stockton/sacramento.

doesn't surprise me. I grew up out there and every high school was highly self-segregated.

Mexicanos hate blacks, Chicanos and Blacks hate South east Asians, Filipinos hate Cambodians, Cambodians hate Vietnamese, Whites hate mexicans and blacks, and everyone just sticks to themselves. Its a very sad and depressing city.

Old 05-25-2013, 02:22 PM

757 posts, read 1,463,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by youtubeDooD View Post
all the racism in CA is located in Stockton/sacramento.

doesn't surprise me. I grew up out there and every high school was highly self-segregated.

Mexicanos hate blacks, Chicanos and Blacks hate South east Asians, Filipinos hate Cambodians, Cambodians hate Vietnamese, Whites hate mexicans and blacks, and everyone just sticks to themselves. Its a very sad and depressing city.
I'm going to choose to believe only the bolded text because my politically-correct beliefs and values forbid me from entertaining the notion that non-white people are capable of hating anyone, much less anyone of a different race/culture/religion/etc. than themselves.

Old 05-25-2013, 02:48 PM

78,040 posts, read 69,950,573 times

Old 05-25-2013, 05:43 PM

5,660 posts, read 6,831,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by majoun View Post
Interesting when you break down the racism by group.

There appears to be very little anti-Latino racism in California (outside of City-Data boards, that is), and what little there is, is concentrated in Stockton and El Centro. (How many non-Latinos live in El Centro?)

Anti-black racism is more common, although concentrated in certain pockets throughout the state, with Yuba City being the most racist against blacks. Surprisingly there is not as much anti-black racism as one would expect in OC despite its history. Hemet and Hesperia are the most anti-black SoCal cities.

Anti-Asian racism appears to be virtually unheard of in SoCal, and rare anywhere in the state. What anti-Asian racism there is is concentrated in Stockton. (Notice a pattern?)
That's definitely common in Orange and Ventura Counties, and Inland Empire.

Old 05-25-2013, 08:28 PM

15 posts, read 34,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjnative View Post
I'm going to choose to believe only the bolded text because my politically-correct beliefs and values forbid me from entertaining the notion that non-white people are capable of hating anyone, much less anyone of a different race/culture/religion/etc. than themselves.
I am an Asian American. I was never called a ****/***** by whites, but that word was hurled at me ,quite viciously, by Blacks and Mexicans on daily basis. That was during my k-12 years in Stockton.

Some little kid was killed by a Cambodian Street gang because he looked "Mexican". He was actually a white kid I think. To them he was a Norteno, and was on the wrong side of town (Cambodian controlled Louis Park)

Some schools Like Stagg high-school had strict racial boundaries (Asian hallway, white parking lot etc...). Anyone who intruded through those invisible lines got their asses' kicked immediately.

Here's a quote from Wikipedia on Bear Creak High School in Stockton

Bear Creek High School (Stockton, California) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Quote:
The school's diversity has led to many racial conflicts involving students. During the 200405 school year, a string of attacks on white students by black students led to a crackdown on campus violence. Dubbed "White Wednesday", attacks would happen outside the gymnasium and restrooms, where security cameras where not focused. In all, a dozen attacks occurred with varying degrees of severity. Also in 2004, there was a riot involving close to 500 students where faculty and School Resource Officers got involved. Thirty people were suspended and two students were arrested following the lunch-time brawl. In 2008, there was a riot at the 08-09 homecoming game; Bear Creek was playing Franklin High School of Stockton, CA.

I think Stockton is Ranked #3 on the Diversity rankings. If Stockton represents diversity, then Diversity is a nightmare.

Most And Least Diverse Cities: Brown University Study Evaluates Diversity In The U.S.

Old 05-25-2013, 08:32 PM

1,899 posts, read 3,493,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjnative View Post
ha ha ha

Old 05-26-2013, 12:45 PM

78,040 posts, read 69,950,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatBallsofFire View Post
There are haters everywhere pretty much, but it's been my observation that California has less of them. Guess we are just nutty that way.
It's all the granola and moonbeam types. They're just not into hate. That's the part the haters seem to hate.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or