Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2007, 06:48 AM

1,211 posts, read 1,494,919 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by snb3 View Post
compare Palmdale with other suburban communities in Socal:
Orange Co, Riverside, S. Bernardino, Ventura.
Can't never been their. But I sure know what Palmdale / Lancaster is all about.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2007, 05:03 PM

2 posts, read 7,177 times
I have lived here for a short two years and i do know that if you live in the VERY nice areas, ignorance is rampant!!! No offense to you, but please take a drive around with your family in the car at night to the east side and then come back on here and tell everyone how nice it is!!! Again, i am not trying to be rude, but really wish people would open there eyes and maybe things wouldnt be so bad.

Old 11-25-2007, 05:27 PM

2 posts, read 7,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChattyBratt View Post
I am African American. I reside in the AV. I does not suprise me to see such negative comments regarding the increase of black/browns here. When I moved here 12 yrs ago there were still relatively few blacks. When we'd go to the mall we'd get dirty looks from white people. If a white person wanted to walk pass us, they'd just stand there without saying a word, looking annoyed, but without making direct eye contact until we'd notice them standing there (pouting like a 4 year old child) and simply step aside. (although the aisles in target,walmart whatever provide plenty room to walk around.) When walking across a parking lot, in the "crosswalk," I have experienced many white drivers will drive into the crosswalk and come within inches of me and my children. Here in CA our driving law is "pedestrians rule" meaning, unlike NY, this sort of driving behavior is not the norm. In fact, I've even had cars then suddenly stop in the crosswalk directly in front of me while I'm standing there, so a white person and her kids can step off the curb. I guess we were invisible. These things happened when I first moved there, and they still happen now. I am pleased to see the influx of minorities to the AV as this help create a buffer to the overt racism which was prevalant here a few years ago. I was born and raised in Long Beach CA. Lots of diversity there. I was called N**** for the first time when I moved to the AV. Since living here I have been called that at a grocery store, while driving down the road in east palmdale & at a McDonalds in east palmdale. These areas were mostly poor white communities when we moved there and rapidly became hispanic-black communities. I guess I unknowingly moved into the midst of some sort of major shift in demographics and had to bear the brunt of the resentment of the white in flight. All reasonable people accept the simple truth that there is only one race. Human. Yet it is sad that certain people see my black skin and do not see me as I am. A fellow American. Veteran. Educated (2 degrees). Property owner (several properties). Involved parent (I pulled my oldest child out of Knight HS when they gave her a court citation for dropping a potato chip bag on the school grounds. She went on to graduate HS 1 year early and I smartly sent her far away from the AV.). I have been on my job for over 15 years. Sure there is a low-class african american, hispanic AND WHITE pop here. HOWEVER there are good, decent, funny, wonderful families who happen to be African American, hispanic and white here too. Our public schools in the STATE are consistently rated overall "F". This is no secret. This pblm is not racial. The lack of moral training at home and in school & poor supervision due to parents working long hrs to meet the high cost of living in this state subjects all CA kids to the same problems. The AV is rampant with white, black and hispanic TEEN gangmembers. (the white ones are just called, "crews" "clubs" or "group of boys"). Parents who know how to deal with this, stay actively involved in their teenagers lives. Yes I see black gang members, but just last month I saw a white teen boy slap his mother in a store and shout who do you think you are! She screamed, "Your Mother!" as he puched her shoulder. Violence is Violence, people. A young man who publicly beats his mother is just as dangerous as any gang member. So those who fled the AV due to the increase of minorities here, Thank you. One less negative person here is a good thing!!!
I am very sorry that you, let alone any human, is ever called the "N" word! But i also think it is wrong to generalize on whites. I am white and have found that i am called names and have been attacked by blacks when i lived on the East side of Palmdale. I am not racist or anything near it. I do not look at people strangely or think bad of them. As a matter of fact, I am in the social services field and have studied too many years in school to try and help minorities.
There is a huge problem in this area, and it is not minorities, but economics. It is much cheaper to live here than central La or OC, and that will bring in lower social economic classes in to the area. The problem is there arent good paying jobs out here, or good schools on the East side, or any social programs to help people that need it. THis area is the dump yard, to put it nicely, of LA. It has been documented in newspaper articles in the past. The problem is not minorities, but poverty. It is not a black or white thing, it is an issue of poverty and people who are in denial.
I am very sorry that you had the need to post something attaching any race! I will not even attempt to go there because i know it is not a solution. I hope you do not become the negative person you speak of here and take that energy to your community to the kids who can use it! There are many here in the AV!!!
UNITED WE STAND, BUT DIVIDED WE FALL

Old 12-16-2007, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncorich View Post
The Ignorance of some people is amazing

People that say this is the ghetto are quite ignorant. Granted because Palmdale and Lancaster are such big cities, there are some areas that are not as nice, but most areas I would say 90% are terrific. I live in Lancaster and it is great, my wife and I bought a great house about 3,000 sq ft last year and it has been the best thing we have ever done. We both commute and the drive is easy. Traffic at the Newhall pass (14 to the 5) is the only bad part. And with construction of the HOV (Carpool Lane), which will be done June 2007, that traffic should be much better. I would recommend the Antelope Valley to anyone. With the air quality, 220 Freeway coming and the airport which will inevitably grow. Sky is the limit for the Antelope Valley. Not too many people know that Lancaster and Palmdale are in LOS ANGELES COUNTY. With all that taxpayer money where do you think it will be spent with the congestion of Los Angeles, more & more will come.
Yes, Iam sure you fit right in..

Old 01-10-2008, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanda View Post
Rick, 160 acres is no "small portion"...(as i only have an 1acre plot...)
Where is your land located?
We hope you enjoy it..

Old 01-08-2010, 03:56 PM

168 posts, read 549,155 times
seems like noone care to contribute to the current state of lancaster, palmdale. Wonder that guy still sitting on all those acres of land

Old 08-19-2010, 09:40 AM

1 posts, read 2,509 times
The more i am around white people..the more i hate them. You guy's sicken me with your "Stay West of Palmdale because it is whiter and nicer... without any crime because we all know only Non- white people commit crimes" mentality. do you guy's really think that you are that special??? (SERIAL KILLERS AND CHILD MOLESTERS ARE TYPICALLY WHITE AND SITTING RIGHT NEXT TO YOU IN YOUR NEIGHBORHOODS BUT YOU FEAR BLACK PEOPLE....LOL. I see you guy's for what you really are. (Scared, Pathetic, Judgmental, Ugly, Scary Idiots) who should keep running until you run off the face of this earth. Black people will be where ever you are simply because God made us as well and we have the right to just be without a snobby race of losers constantly judging us and putting us down..I honestly can say with a serious heart that i absolutely cannot stand you guy's (SO KEEP RUNNING)..disgusting.

Old 08-28-2010, 11:37 PM

1 posts, read 2,481 times
Default too

as a general overview, one might think the problem is, at first glance, a color issue. Society has a huge problem with the way people treat one another, and hate can clouds a persons judgment. I realize there are some minds that can never be changed, but take into consideration the black person who can relate to ancestors they had never known with a tale of slavery and hate from the white man and how they receive these horrifying looks and that all whites are racist and that things need to change. Is there , a difference if you look at the white man who's ancestors whom he never knew owned slaves and that was the only way he knew how to treat colored folk? Both ways are wrong!! This is a new world and the minute we can stop thinking about the past and concentrate on the future we may all be better off. Society in general needs to concentrate on letting the past go. Honestly black people need to wake up and cut the cycle of thinking they are owed something, you are owed absolutely nothing!!! Get up and work for what you want, stop the cycle, ignorance is abundant in your society, face the facts and make a change. I realize the hate will come from this post, but the truth hurts!!

If you have anything positive to say, lets hear it?
I can take unedited video everyday and show the true ignorance of a race controlled by young fools, encouraged by their elders and reinforced byt their parents. Please if you want to HELP STOP THE FOOLISHNESS AND ENCOURAGE EDUCATION.

Old 10-12-2013, 10:09 AM

1 posts, read 1,506 times
Default 10 acres land in Palmdale

I own 10 acres land in Palmdale CA and want to know the value of it. Can any one tell me? I have not been in Palmdale for at least 15 years.

Old 10-12-2013, 02:42 PM

2,830 posts, read 2,502,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomvu View Post
i own 10 acres land in palmdale ca and want to know the value of it. Can any one tell me? I have not been in palmdale for at least 15 years.
Oh yeah, that 10 acres of land...

It's worth $98,324
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California