U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 05-28-2013, 07:48 PM
 
Location: KKKalfornia
493 posts, read 645,729 times
Reputation: 276

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
I'll tell you what conditions mm is especially good for relieving: anger, hypertension and haughtiness. Have a go and see for yourself.
if only it could help people prone to resorting to childish personal attacks...

just got back from a great bike ride down the coyote trail with my 4 year olds. followed by dinner together (studies show children in families that have dinner at the table together are much less likely to develop addictions). youre all welcome to share my "high on life" prescription since it has unlimited refills, but be warned, lucidity and clarity of thought are knows "side effects"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-28-2013, 07:58 PM
 
Location: KKKalfornia
493 posts, read 645,729 times
Reputation: 276
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnYossarian View Post
Clearly you are not disabled nor suffer from chronic pain that is treatable with MM. I've said enough here. That marijuana helps chronic pain sufferers, glaucoma patients etc. is sufficiently proven in the literature.
We are of course in the California forums. I could care less if it's illegal in most states.
If you wish to call the OP a liar, do so on your own. I believe him at the present time. If you are not interested, why are you posting?
im gonna guess youre not a californian, or if you are then you have the luxury of not living in a neighborhood with a dispensary.

i lived right by several in san leandro. i dont recall ever saw anyone clearly suffering from glaucoma or disabling pain enter into any of them. altho the bullets that were flying when hood rats and associated criminal element that found a custom made location to jack weed from certainly did disable ppl. if the ratio of "patients" who frequented there and had glaucoma was 1 to 1000, id shocked if was that many.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-28-2013, 07:59 PM
 
7,150 posts, read 8,814,043 times
Reputation: 3806
Quote:
Originally Posted by CousinMaynard View Post
if only it could help people prone to resorting to childish personal attacks...

just got back from a great bike ride down the coyote trail with my 4 year olds. followed by dinner together (studies show children in families that have dinner at the table together are much less likely to develop addictions). youre all welcome to share my "high on life" prescription since it has unlimited refills, but be warned, lucidity and clarity of thought are knows "side effects"
My, my ... four-year-olds! They are so delightful at that age! And how very fortunate and special you are to know their future already! And how very fortunate they are to have a father who knows so much about the world they will have to negotiate on their own one day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-28-2013, 08:09 PM
 
166 posts, read 230,539 times
Reputation: 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by CousinMaynard View Post
the op seemed to get very upset when someone tried to "help" by suggesting washington state as a place with legalized marijuana, b/c of the depression the op suffers from.
Who said I was upset? I appreciate all posts! Washington state can be cold and grey-I like sunshine, no problem there .... I am almost 50 years of age. Seen shrinks since I was 10 and depression since high school. I've tired almost every anti depressant. Some are effective but most are not and most have unwanted side affects. MM smoked without a Vap has one side affect a sore throat if inhaled heavily(smoke/carcinogens). With a Vap, probably no side affects but I don't know because I have no experience with Vaporizers but edibles seem like the percent balance. And, about growing my own-no thanks. Lets leave that to the experts.

For clarity, along with depression, I have Hip pain right joint brought on by auto accident (bucket compound fracture) or "Bo Jackson" 1990s.

Everyone is so helpful -- thank you for being compassionate and understanding!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-28-2013, 08:15 PM
 
Location: Somewhere over the Med
23 posts, read 14,443 times
Reputation: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by CousinMaynard View Post
im gonna guess youre not a californian, or if you are then you have the luxury of not living in a neighborhood with a dispensary.

i lived right by several in san leandro. i dont recall ever saw anyone clearly suffering from glaucoma or disabling pain enter into any of them. altho the bullets that were flying when hood rats and associated criminal element that found a custom made location to jack weed from certainly did disable ppl. if the ratio of "patients" who frequented there and had glaucoma was 1 to 1000, id shocked if was that many.
That you think you can identify someone with glaucoma or with disabling pain because you lived next to a dispensary is the first clue of several that you have not a clue.

If that high on life includes not caring for your fellow man as it seems to, I shall pass.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-28-2013, 08:21 PM
 
7,150 posts, read 8,814,043 times
Reputation: 3806
Quote:
Originally Posted by CousinMaynard View Post
ive lived here all my life, seen it turn into the depository for dopeheads from all across the country, and w/o going thru my whole life story im done "helping" any grown person who wont help themself.

character over chemistry.
Now this is a bit curious. You are young (four-year-old children) and lived in only one place all your life. Yet with this vast [lack of] worldly experience you "have seen" so much to be sure of. And you apparently know all about where "character" in individuals originates. No doubt, in your case, you feel you somehow created your own "character". Perhaps before birth? Or was it as you grew, using the tools you created for yourself before birth. In any case, we should all marvel at your guiding light -- which needs neither time nor breadth of experience to illuminate the way to understanding life for the rest of us.

Now I don't drink or use any kind of dope personally, but I know folks who do who are very fine people. I am thinking most directly of some fellow Vietnam veteran friends -- who suffer from cancers caused by Agent Orange, PTSD, and other damages and are a mess without access to mm -- who have worked excellent careers and raised families -- yes they had four-year-olds who had to suffer living with pot smoking parents! And whose kids are very fine citizens today indeed. My wife, born severely disabled, and struggling with the accumulating effects of years of pain and stress, finds life only bearable through use of medical marijuana.

Good for you not having to deal with any of these things. Good for you not needing drugs. Me neither. Difference is, I have been through a very great deal more of life than you and have learned to not judge others as you do. Arrogance is quite a disability itself.

Last edited by nullgeo; 05-28-2013 at 08:33 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-28-2013, 08:47 PM
 
Location: KKKalfornia
493 posts, read 645,729 times
Reputation: 276
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnYossarian View Post
That you think you can identify someone with glaucoma or with disabling pain because you lived next to a dispensary is the first clue of several that you have not a clue.

If that high on life includes not caring for your fellow man as it seems to, I shall pass.
your fellow man also lives in a formerly semi decent neighborhood that is now a gangsta candy sto' thanks to the arrival of the dispensaries. everybody has their priorities in that regard i guess. thats why i asked where your from, its not just hypotheticals you see. there are serious consequences to getting carried away with this craze. just ask the folks in the most heavily impacted area, the emerald triangle. they were all "no" counties on prop 19, and have repealed the mm to the stictest levels.

and its pretty easy to tell when the vast majority of the clients are the 18-early 30s crowd that theyre not suffering from chronic disabling pain. and since theyre driving their glaucoma couldnt be very serious. even the old goats who were going in didnt seem to be in very bad health either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-28-2013, 08:57 PM
 
Location: Somewhere over the Med
23 posts, read 14,443 times
Reputation: 24
Sir, I assure you as a person 60% disabled and having been in chronic pain that you wouldn't be able to tell what my disability was or that I was in any pain if I presented before you. You know far less than you think you know. That much is clear.

I have had the joy of seeing people arriving at the methadone clinic and at marijuana dispensaries. They are not all as you claim.

It's not hypothetical at all. It's personal experience and work experience, Sir.

You have a good night. Take it up with the locals as to the local crime enforcement. Can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen. Not that I believe you, however. I believe the OP, though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-28-2013, 09:34 PM
 
Location: TOVCCA
8,452 posts, read 11,470,231 times
Reputation: 12309
Quote:
Originally Posted by CousinMaynard View Post
your fellow man also lives in a formerly semi decent neighborhood that is now a gangsta candy sto' thanks to the arrival of the dispensaries.
So would you rather have those gangsta types taking meth? Heroin? Gangs have proliferated everywhere. Just ask people in Chicago, where marijuana is still illegal. Meth is the scourge of the midwest and southern states, also dispensary-free.

And when your children grow up, and they quite inevitably try some mind-altering substance, would you prefer booze? Oxy?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-28-2013, 10:11 PM
 
Location: KKKalfornia
493 posts, read 645,729 times
Reputation: 276
Quote:
Originally Posted by nullgeo View Post
Now this is a bit curious. You are young (four-year-old children) and lived in only one place all your life. Yet with this vast [lack of] worldly experience you "have seen" so much to be sure of. And you apparently know all about where "character" in individuals originates. No doubt, in your case, you feel you somehow created your own "character". Perhaps before birth? Or was it as you grew, using the tools you created for yourself before birth. In any case, we should all marvel at your guiding light -- which needs neither time nor breadth of experience to illuminate the way to understanding life for the rest of us.

Now I don't drink or use any kind of dope personally, but I know folks who do who are very fine people. I am thinking most directly of some fellow Vietnam veteran friends -- who suffer from cancers caused by Agent Orange, PTSD, and other damages and are a mess without access to mm -- who have worked excellent careers and raised families -- yes they had four-year-olds who had to suffer living with pot smoking parents! And whose kids are very fine citizens today indeed. My wife, born severely disabled, and struggling with the accumulating effects of years of pain and stress, finds life only bearable through use of medical marijuana.

Good for you not having to deal with any of these things. Good for you not needing drugs. Me neither. Difference is, I have been through a very great deal more of life than you and have learned to not judge others as you do. Arrogance is quite a disability itself.

its true i havent seen it all, i only sailed six of the sevens seas in my four years at sea. i didnt even get to see new zealand 'cuz they wouldnt let us in their waters since we wdnt disclose if we had nukes or not. i did get to be on the last american ship to visit the soviet union tho (vladivostok).

i do appreciate the 20 or so years youre trying to give me back nullgeo. but i enjoyed raising my oldest kids so much i cant take ya up on it. and seeing how one has had childrens books published already, and the other one is leaving for college on scholarship soon, at least i can say their old man didnt screw em up too much, despite what all my friends here may or may not presume.

please note nowhere did i say SERIOUSLY ill ppl should not be entitled to their medication. and in return, plz dont try and bs me (not you personally nullgeo) that mm laws are all about srsly ill ppl. its not even 1%
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:59 AM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top