U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2013, 08:45 PM

11 posts, read 22,251 times

Advertisements

Sort of a dumb thing to say. kids buying Marijuana at dispensaries is not happening. They have to be 18 years of age at just two in Redding, and 21 or older just to enter the legitimate ones. So the City has got rid of them, Good, is that what your saying ?
Think of this, The dispensaries paid the City of Redding just a little over a million Dollars in taxes last year, thats public record.
Now think about this, The people know how and where to get pot, with out a dispensary. So thats less taxes for police and gear, And the people that will now revert back to buying pot from the local mexican gangster so they can buy firearms and out gun the cops, so they can sell more weed. and bring other drugs into the community like coke or speed.
Thats what is happening now. So as long as they keep shop owners out of business, they make the gangsters stronger.
It's not SO Cal yet. but it soon will be with old red necks running things, and activist staying on the side of the wet back that sells on the street corner.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2013, 11:35 PM

1 posts, read 1,011 times
Redding has a horrible drug problem. so many strung out young people. it is sad to see, but they are not strung out on pot people. the problem is there has been so much propaganda and fear mongering about marijuana from folks who really know nothing about it. for example police and politicians. the politicians want to scare you because they know people vote there fears. they lead the public around by the nose and get re themselves re elected that way.. they scare you. as for the cops. lets face it they are more brawn than brains?
I have heard the argument of pot being a gate way drug and its true only because it is in the black market. your kids go into this market and get exposed to the drugs that will absolutely destroy them.
I don't have kids but if i did i would explain to them that i would rather they never use any substance that would change how they think and feel. the first time a person tries marijuana they will realize that what they have been told is not true concerning the use of pot. I did. this makes them wonder if you may have been wrong about other things such as heroin, meth, crack. then they are truly screwed for real.
the folks who most oppose regulating grass are the private prisons, who profit from keeping their facilities full and the drug cartels,. in short the folks who profit. the cartels make more money off of marijuana than all the others drugs combined and seduce young people into a life of drug abuse.
legalize it. regulate it. keep the cash out of the hands of the drug dealers and cartels and allow adults to have a safer alternative to alcohol. by the way i don't feel pot is safe, but it is so hypocritical to destroy a persons life for the recreational use of grass is crazy when a person can walk into a store and buy a bottle of whiskey.
some day maybe?

Old 08-08-2013, 05:16 PM

17,422 posts, read 10,500,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by frank carr View Post
Redding has a horrible drug problem. so many strung out young people. it is sad to see, but they are not strung out on pot people. the problem is there has been so much propaganda and fear mongering about marijuana from folks who really know nothing about it. for example police and politicians.
some day maybe?
You may be right. However, how many drug users never used marijuana first?

Old 08-08-2013, 05:54 PM

7,150 posts, read 8,772,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
How many ax-murderers never wore socks? Ergo: socks are a problem?

Old 08-08-2013, 07:27 PM

3,748 posts, read 6,117,627 times
Quote:
Don't know, but I know a lot of pot smokers who don't use other drugs....or drink.

Old 08-09-2013, 05:16 PM

9,197 posts, read 13,968,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nullgeo View Post
How many ax-murderers never wore socks? Ergo: socks are a problem?
It all always starts with Gerber's. Downhill from there.

Old 08-09-2013, 06:18 PM

1,825 posts, read 1,410,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post
Finally.. sanity

I cannot think of any other issue that so negatively affected the city in the last three years and brought so many undesirable, unproductive, people to our area creating an underground criminal economy.

Parents will still have to battle the proliferation of drugs and criminal elements in their neighborhoods but some of that will be addressed in the future through regulation and code enforcement

Redding is growing up... and it isnt necessarily "pretty"

Police officers have a higher than average suicide rate. Over 31,000 Americans kill themselves each year. Please remember most anti-depressants don't work very well if at all, & some have been proven to increase suicides. 30% of Americans die from cancer. It might be higher for police officers, as they are often outside or in squad cars where some skin is exposed to intense sunlight. So why not favor more effective treatment?

Some medical cannabis programs direct some or all fees & taxes to law enforcement. Why protest?

It seems you're a police officer who does not believe cannabis has medical value and would likely refuse to read any valid studies? Are you afraid that legal cannabis would cost too many police officers their jobs? You can't really say cannabis causes death or illness as all valid studies have disproven this, so why the worry? 124 medical uses for it can be found at rxmarijuana dot com/ by ret. Harvard Prof/MD.

More reading at Granny Storm Crow's list, Wikipedia, Law Enforcement Against Prohibition. Also, there is 58 minute video Run From The Cure about curing cancer & more with cannabis oil.

Do you think that people who have cancer and use a more effective treatment like cannabis oil should be considered criminals for saving their lives? Are you mad at cancer victims for being unproductive? In Montana, cutbacks in the medical marijuana program caused the death of 4 year old cancer victim Cash Hyde of Missoula. Police officers think those claiming pain are scammers, but Docs don't. Why is that?

Have you ever read that the usual reward for control freaks is a fatal heart attack?

I have close to 20 health problems, little help from Docs & pills. If I can't get cannabis, I feel like I need to die. Time poll: 25% of Americans say they are in chronic pain, do you care?

1 in 6 admit they use cannabis, and 22% of 11-15 year olds say they use it. As it is healthy, I really don't see why we need a solution to this? Best wishes.

Old 08-09-2013, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightlysparrow View Post
So them having to go underground with the local drug dealers to get a little pot and then having those dealers give them "samples" of their meth might not have something to do with it?

Anyway, I'll bet their substance experience actually started with some of that ol' Tennessee Jack Daniels Whisky. It's demon alcohol that's the real "gateway" drug:

UF study shows long-term drug abuse starts with alcohol | University of Florida News
If police who like to get drunk used cannabis, they would only need to drink half as much. This would save many livers (lives).

Old 08-09-2013, 06:37 PM

[quote=nightlysparrow;30117606]go underground with the local drug dealers to get a little pot and then having those dealers give them "samples" of their meth (quote].

Pot & meth are too different for pot to cause a craving for meth. Most that I've met that use pot, would not even want to be near meth users.

Old 08-09-2013, 06:41 PM

Quote:

If you count legal drugs as drugs, many started out hanging around with those who use tobacco and/or alcohol. Then someone or several in the group brought cannabis & passed it around.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California