U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2013, 06:51 PM

1,825 posts, read 1,410,604 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank carr View Post

I don't have kids but if i did i would explain to them that i would rather they never use any substance that would change how they think and feel. the first time a person tries marijuana they will realize that what they have been told is not true.

Legalize it. Regulate it. Keep the cash out of the hands of the drug dealers and cartels and allow adults to have a safer alternative to alcohol. By the way i don't feel pot is safe, but it is so hypocritical to destroy a persons life for the recreational use of grass is crazy when a person can walk into a store and buy a bottle of whiskey. Some day maybe?
I'm not sure I understand what you mean when you say "I don't feel pot is safe". It has a 0% death rate, no fatal OD from a single time, no fatalities from long term heavy use, no sickness, no brain damage. I guess the worst is maybe 1% chance of a panic attack. So what makes it unsafe, other than stupid laws? Best wishes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2013, 07:15 PM

If someone enjoys something, might they have a real need for it? Cannabis does not increase the desire for drugs that have an opposite effect. Cannabis also has been shown to be useful for 124 medical conditions. I believe that makes it unique.

A recent study of 29 developed nations' 11 to 15 year olds showed 22% in US used cannabis & 28% in Canada. But both nations showed only 4% of these kids used tobacco. Maybe they care about health?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonard64 View Post

Yep usually about 12 years old and they were then told that Mary Juana is not addictive or anything so just enjoy the feeling. They did and then wanted to feel even better and taking "recreational drugs" is ... stupid.

Yep, when someone needs an artificial feel good material they already have serious problems. Alcohol is step 1, then usually marijuana, then it just gets worse. If someone enjoys it, they have a major problem to begin with. Starting with; never having reached adulthood psychologically.

Old 08-09-2013, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonard64 View Post
Living in good old TN at this time many of my new friends speak of their family members who are into drugs as starting with ... Marijuana. Mind you the "nice" thing about Meth is that it's users will self destruct quite rapidly and then they at least are no longer a problem. The dealers just look for another stupid target smoking grass.

If you don't want people on Meth keep them away from ANY drug that is not prescribed when actually needed and closely monitored by a physician. The old saying that stupid is as stupid does sure fits drug use at any level.

You want meth users to die rather than get help?? They might be more willing to ask for help if it didn't get them arrested.

It sounds like your friends are cops, lawyers, treatment center operators, Big Pharma employees, or others with financial interest, or those who believe govt 100% & never research.

People on prescription drugs often switch to black market. Oxycontin is as addicting as heroin. Now DEA goes into Docs offices 1 day a month & shuts them down to see who is getting same script from many Docs. So they go to street & are told they can get Oxycontin for $80 a pill, or they can get heroin for $50, so guess which they choose?

Why do you say smoking "grass" is stupid? It has a 0% death rate & can help 124 medical conditions. Please study these sites rxmarijuana dot com/ Granny Storm Crow's list, Law Enforcement Against Prohibition, Wikipedia, video Run From The Cure. Best wishes.

Old 09-25-2014, 10:15 AM

1 posts, read 649 times
You know some of the real issue is that it seems to be a money making venture for folks in Redding to grow the MMJ. So for me I have ten acres in happy valley which is between Redding and Anderson. almost everyone around me is growing it and at a large volume. on 2.5 acres legally you can only grow 120 sq ft of mmj but most of my neighbors have 50-60 plants. when it begins to bud out it has a very strong smell and when it is all around you it is overwhelming. I really have no problem with folks growing it for their own needs but realistically two or three plants will make enough for one or two people for an entire year unless your staying stoned for 24 hours a day. and these folks have no jobs and have money, nice cars, many recreational vehicles etc. obviously something is not quite on the up and up. Also they don't take care of their property it is just to make money. It is very frustrating for someone who lives here for their home. we have owned this property for 42 years and it used to be a really nice neighborhood.

Old 09-30-2014, 11:22 PM

4,832 posts, read 10,859,937 times
Good for Redding, but my friend is still moving back to the good ole' Central Coast.

Old 05-12-2015, 06:03 AM

5 posts, read 2,356 times
As a medical marijuana patient in Redding, I am getting very damn tired of these foreign people and government trying to limit medical marijuana distribution in Shatsa County. Our government will expose us to tobacco and take away our pot dispensaries? No, these people in government branches screwing over the people that don't represent the public will be expelled and removed. Lot's of collonanist descendants trying to tell the Natives of these lands what they can and can't do can go to hell right now. How dare you pathetic anti-marijuana guppies exist in a state of such stupidity and ignorance. Please jump off a bridge, if you vote to ban marijuana in Shasta county and are not affected then your nothing but a piece of garbage who needs to get off these sacred lands. Why don't you people get rid of the Meth epidemic that the government created during the cold war?

Got a problem with legal marijuana? Then GET OUT because you don't belong here in Northern California!!! Quite literally disgusted!!! Old law makers, you know who you are and your days representing the Public will be over soon as you don't represent the majority. Every year we have more pro-marijuana supporters because this is the will of the Public, not the parasitic government or anti-marijuana minorities...

Old 05-12-2015, 06:07 AM

33 posts, read 36,345 times
Good for Redding!

As for the above poster if you have a problem with the fact that in the United States Marijuana is a federally banned drug then perhaps you should go. The Netherlands is nice!! Sorry you're a junkie go to NA

Old 05-12-2015, 06:14 AM

5 posts, read 2,356 times
Default Wow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindless in socal View Post
Good for Redding!

As for the above poster if you have a problem with the fact that in the United States Marijuana is a federally banned drug then perhaps you should go. The Netherlands is nice!! Sorry you're a junkie go to NA
You mad bro? Your a little hasty to judge me don't you think? By the way, I drink marijuana tea to help my nerve disorder... "Junkie", hahahaha! At least I'm not a whiny little jerk that get's offended over something that doesn't affect me.

Takes a junkie to know a junkie and pot isn't a drug, it's an herb. Why don't you continue to degrade yourself instead of people with problems that don't affect you. LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

P.S.... Pot is still legal here and there is still medical marijuana dispensaries in Redding Ca... Just wow.... Above poster can eat their own words.

Old 05-12-2015, 06:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrrelevantInformant View Post
You mad bro? Your a little hasty to judge me don't you think? By the way, I drink marijuana tea to help my nerve disorder... "Junkie", hahahaha! At least I'm not a whiny little jerk that get's offended over something that doesn't affect me.

Takes a junkie to know a junkie and pot isn't a drug, it's and herb. Why don't you keep your negativity to yourself and
And cocaine comes from the coca plant. If you have a nerve disorder take a damn pill. I'm judging you because you're breaking the law and went on some stupid rant about colonialism. Bottom line is that pot is not legal in the United States, deal with it or leave. Apparently you represent the minority honey, the majority of Californians are normal family people not low life hippies who fake having an illness to get high..

Old 05-12-2015, 06:19 AM

P.S. California isn't an independent country, it's a state within the United States of America which has a piece of legislation known as the controlled substances act. Within this law, pot is considered a schedule 1 substance with not medical purposes. This law stands.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California