Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2013, 03:05 AM

15 posts, read 15,569 times

Advertisements

I'm also considering moving to Fairfield from El Cerrito. I'm looking for a 1-2 bedroom apartment for 1300-1350/month tops.

Most of the apartment complexes I've checked on the internet seem to be around the AFB (Peppertree Drive, Clay Bank Rd, Pittman Road) I'm assuming this is a good area??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2013, 05:42 AM

162 posts, read 318,046 times
I have friends right nearby in Suisun City and they love it there

Old 06-27-2013, 07:17 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,587,660 times
I'd live in Vacaville and make the real short commute.

Old 06-27-2013, 09:39 AM

7,150 posts, read 10,860,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
And what does that 319 pts represent? An 11 year average? The national average clearly changes as well and isn't 319 pts every year. Look at the bar graph right below the chart, it shows Fairfield higher than every single year they show compared to the national average, although more recently (2011) it's nearly the same but still slightly higher.

Yeah I've never been a victim of crime in Fairfield but the body of the 13 year old they found in the park not far from my work a few months ago is a bit unsettling. Nothing "alarming" about the place but it isn't exactly what I would call a low crime city at all.
The 319 pts represent just what it says to any reasonably alert observer looking at the pattern of the years charted: a dramatic low in a three-consecutive-year decline. Enough of a trend to beg looking further at details by clicking the link for more crime information right below the chart. Following the link explains the weighting of the point system in more detail -- which helps one understand the bar chart. Not too scary in Fairfield.

It reads as though you either live in and/or work in Fairfield? In which case I would note your personal experience of not having been a victim of crime there, coupled with your opinion there is "nothing alarming about the place" says a lot ... whereas your report of a body of a 13-year-old found in the park means nothing different than such tragic events in cities and towns all across America and around the world. Human beings are fairly nasty creatures everywhere. What you describe is not in any way unique or repetitive in/to Fairfield.

Note also: I never said Fairfield was a "low crime city". I said it is now below national averages.

I did, however, say it is a boring city

As Bulldogdad points out, other places within commute, such as Vacaville, are even better with regard to safety. My personal choice would be to live in Rio Vista, less than 1/2 hour commute. Very low crime, very quiet, small, country-style town right on the Delta waterways for the summer afternoon / evening breezes -- and a variety of water-related recreation options.

Old 06-27-2013, 09:52 AM

18,972 posts, read 32,512,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nullgeo View Post
I said it is now below national averages.
Except it's NOT, I don't know why you have trouble seeing and admitting that. You haven't show anything that shows it BELOW the national average and instead are misinterpreting the C-D crime index average.

Since you can't read a bar chart very well maybe this will help:

Fairfield CA crime rates and statistics - NeighborhoodScout

http://os.cqpress.com/citycrime/2012...teRankings.pdf

To be fair it's much closer to the national average than it has been in the past but still ever so slightly above it.

Old 06-27-2013, 10:49 AM

1,676 posts, read 1,528,233 times
This thread, lol...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California