Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2013, 09:47 PM

3 posts, read 22,328 times

Advertisements

Because of job relocation, I soon will move to Fairfield CA. I've heard Fairfield is not a safe area to live due to high crime rate and gang problems. Please advise me which part of the city is relatively safe to live for a single young woman. Any suggestion on the apartment?

Thanks in advance for your help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2013, 10:23 PM

19,206 posts, read 16,689,350 times
I don't know about apartments in the area but here's a couple of maps of Fairfield crime stats. Maybe these will help you.

Moderator cut: link removed, linking to competitor sites is not allowed

Fairfield, CA Crime Map - Showing Crimes in Fairfield - Crime Statistics, Alerts and Reports - Crime Stops Here

Last edited by Yac; 06-25-2013 at 06:55 AM..

Old 06-23-2013, 10:42 PM

I've check the maps of Fairfield crime stats online. Does anyone know why the part of city next to Travis Air Force Base does not show crime rate?

thanks

Old 06-23-2013, 10:55 PM

7,150 posts, read 10,896,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wendy2013 View Post
Because of job relocation, I soon will move to Fairfield CA. I've heard Fairfield is not a safe area to live due to high crime rate and gang problems. Please advise me which part of the city is relatively safe to live for a single young woman. Any suggestion on the apartment?

Really? I do not know of any such reality. I spend time in Fairfield often, mostly at the Air Base -- and in nearby communities in the Sac-Delta. The crime is lower in Fairfield than national averages. You can look it up on the Fairfield, CA page of City-Data.com ... here:
http://www.city-data.com/city/Fairfield-California.html
Scroll down the page for statistics on many things until to you come to crime ... read the chart for a comp to national averages.

Other than being a fairly uninteresting little city, Fairfield is pretty innocuous.

Old 06-23-2013, 11:18 PM

19,206 posts, read 16,689,350 times
Quote:
I've check the maps of Fairfield crime stats online. Does anyone know why the part of city next to Travis Air Force Base does not show crime rate?

thanks
Because that's Suisun City.

Old 06-24-2013, 11:07 AM

3,980 posts, read 8,987,173 times
Quote:

Most of Fairfield is absolutely fine. The entire area west of the freeway is fine..very nice, actually. The northern part is fine. I would really only avoid some of the areas around the mall..and near "Lee Bell" park/and towards the east of that. There are some other pockets here and there, but it'll be quite obvious when you're in a not so great area as you drive around.

Old 06-24-2013, 11:48 AM

18,982 posts, read 32,644,089 times
Areas north/west of 80/680 are nice, the rest of it is dumpy to average for the most part. I'd stick to the nice parts north and west of 80/680 or live in Vacaville personally.

I wouldn't call Faifield a "violent" city but there is definitely somewhat of an issue with crime overall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nullgeo View Post
Really? I do not know of any such reality. I spend time in Fairfield often, mostly at the Air Base -- and in nearby communities in the Sac-Delta. The crime is lower in Fairfield than national averages. You can look it up on the Fairfield, CA page of City-Data.com ... here:
http://www.city-data.com/city/Fairfield-California.html
Scroll down the page for statistics on many things until to you come to crime ... read the chart for a comp to national averages.

Other than being a fairly uninteresting little city, Fairfield is pretty innocuous.
That chart show it being higher than the national average for every year they show

Old 06-24-2013, 01:07 PM

7,150 posts, read 10,896,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
... That chart show it being higher than the national average for every year they show
No, it doesn't. National average comes in at 319 points ... 2011 stats for Fairfield (last year recorded) show as 265 points. 2009 came in at 299. 2010 came in at 321. These three years show well - with a downward trend from previous years where stats ran high.

So statistically there is nothing at all alarming about the place.
Anecdotally, in all my time there, I have never felt the slightest presence of trouble. Just boredom.

Old 06-24-2013, 01:37 PM

18,982 posts, read 32,644,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nullgeo View Post
No, it doesn't. National average comes in at 319 points ... 2011 stats for Fairfield (last year recorded) show as 265 points. 2009 came in at 299. 2010 came in at 321. These three years show well - with a downward trend from previous years where stats ran high.

So statistically there is nothing at all alarming about the place.
Anecdotally, in all my time there, I have never felt the slightest presence of trouble. Just boredom.
And what does that 319 pts represent? An 11 year average? The national average clearly changes as well and isn't 319 pts every year. Look at the bar graph right below the chart, it shows Fairfield higher than every single year they show compared to the national average, although more recently (2011) it's nearly the same but still slightly higher.

Yeah I've never been a victim of crime in Fairfield but the body of the 13 year old they found in the park not far from my work a few months ago is a bit unsettling. Nothing "alarming" about the place but it isn't exactly what I would call a low crime city at all.

Old 06-24-2013, 03:18 PM

my job relocation will be somewhere west of the Fairfield high school. after checking all the apartments nearby, the rolling oak apartment seems okay, but it is very pricy. sigh
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California