U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2013, 03:50 PM

12,289 posts, read 7,971,499 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zdg View Post
And I'd rather you not have a firearm in your possession. Looks like we're even.
I was not aware you know what is best for me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2013, 03:50 PM

16,439 posts, read 22,383,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticaltyger View Post
Cigarettes don't effect non-smokers. They affect them.
Thanks tyger LOL

Old 06-29-2013, 03:58 PM
zdg zdg started this thread

841 posts, read 1,709,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
I was not aware you know what is best for me.
No sir, I am aware what is best for ME, and that is to have as few human beings in my immediate area armed with deadly weapons as possible.

You all live in a terrifying movie where "bad guys" are going around from neighborhood to neighborhood, breaking in to homes and raping wives while scared unarmed husbands wait for the police to arrive. IF ONLY I HAD A GUN, you think, because that way....we'd be...."safe."

It ain't the wild west, gentlemen. If you live in the type of neighborhood where those types of crimes do occur with any regular frequency, I highly recommend you put down the computer and do everything you can to improve your situation.

I am significantly more worried about my family being injured or killed by the nation of "gun owning experts" than I am of being robbed at gunpoint in my house.

Marauding bands of hooligans don't keep me up at night. Knowing that my 10 year old daughter's best friend's father keeps a loaded hand cannon in their house, however, does.

Old 06-29-2013, 04:08 PM

Quote:
No sir, I am aware what is best for ME, and that is to have as few human beings in my immediate area armed with deadly weapons as possible.

You all live in a terrifying movie where "bad guys" are going around from neighborhood to neighborhood, breaking in to homes and raping wives while scared unarmed husbands wait for the police to arrive. IF ONLY I HAD A GUN, you think, because that way....we'd be...."safe."

It ain't the wild west, gentlemen. If you live in the type of neighborhood where those types of crimes do occur with any regular frequency, I highly recommend you put down the computer and do everything you can to improve your situation.

I am significantly more worried about my family being injured or killed by the nation of "gun owning experts" than I am of being robbed at gunpoint in my house.

Marauding bands of hooligans don't keep me up at night. Knowing that my 10 year old daughter's best friend's father keeps a loaded hand cannon in their house, however, does.
You should be more worried about your daughters friends father swimming pool, because it is 10 times more likely to kill a child then a gun.

Not everyone can afford to live in Caucasian acres, unless you think poor people shouldn't be able to protect themselves?

Countless people are saved every day by owning a firearm and to get back OT, the laws of this state prevent me from keeping my family safe.

Old 06-29-2013, 04:11 PM

16,584 posts, read 33,801,600 times
Quote:

^^^ Slams gun owners for having irrational fears then provides examples of irrational fears to back it up.

Old 06-29-2013, 04:13 PM

11,185 posts, read 10,226,829 times
Just one question. Where is Caucasian acres? Is it in California? I can't find it on the map.

Old 06-29-2013, 04:14 PM

23,605 posts, read 31,514,657 times
Quote:
Ah, yes. Hyperbole is a terrible thing to waste. "Hand cannon!" Are you serious? Perhaps your daughter's best friend's father is one of those mythical creatures known as a responsible gun owner who keeps said "cannon" safely locked away where children can't get to it. Have you ever asked him?

Where we live it could take 20-30 minutes for law enforcement to respond as we're quite rural. We have guns. They're readily accessible. We might be on our own for awhile. When children or grandchildren are here or we're out of the house they're cozily locked away in a safe except for the one that comes with me, legally I might add.

Old 06-29-2013, 04:17 PM

23,605 posts, read 31,514,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HereOnMars View Post
Just one question. Where is Caucasian acres? Is it in California? I can't find it on the map.
I think it's a gated community where liberals live and try to convince themselves they're just regular folk like the lower, middle class and not like conservatives.

Old 06-29-2013, 04:19 PM

11,185 posts, read 10,226,829 times
Oh. I thought it might be somewhere down around Hollywood.

Old 06-29-2013, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
I think it's a gated community where liberals live and try to convince themselves they're just regular folk like the lower, middle class and not like conservatives.
They also run overbearing HOA's trying to control their neighbors lives, constantly raising monthy dues, for the "good of the neighborhood"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or